Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

Wheel Horse 3D

K store is finally updated! Now all options are available under one listing.

Simply pick your combo horse,wheel,finish.

20210215_125809.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

rjg854

Some really nice options you've got there. From plain and simple to very ornate. :occasion-xmas:

• Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D
5 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Some really nice options you've got there. From plain and simple to very ornate. :occasion-xmas:

And you can mix and match!

• Like 1

8ntruck
On 2/12/2021 at 4:18 PM, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Something to work on! That'll take some sculpting rather than conventional cad.

Anyone ever find a good software that bridges the gap between sculpting and cad modeling?

Inventor has some sculpting capabilities.  I touched on them in some of the training courses I took while I was working.  Never used them, though.  I was working on press dies.  All of the fancy styling contours were done by the product design guys.  They were using CATIA and Unigraphics.

You might try looking at what graphic design folks  (game desiginers? CG effects artists?) are using.

• Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D

The problem most stuff does one, or the other

Ill check out inventor and see what that offers.

Wheel Horse 3D

Flush mount with screw slot in back

SmartSelect_20210216-144254_Gallery.jpg

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

:occasion-santa:Now, if your horse collection is sufficient(8 horses), and you have access to a sleigh....

SmartSelect_20210216-151508_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D

That last one looked a bit more elkish, how about this one...

SmartSelect_20210216-155108_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 2

rjg854

Horses don't have antlers :teasing-poke:

• Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Of course we cant forget Rudolph!

SmartSelect_20210216-161238_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D
7 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Well at least i didnt call em "horns"

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
9 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

They dont have wheels either..:PAnd since these are extra special christmas WHEEL horses.....!!!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

BEER FOR YOUR HORSES!!!

What do ya'll think of some Wheel Horse mason jar mug handles?

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

BEER FOR YOUR HORSES!!!

What do ya'll think of some Wheel Horse mason jar mug handles?

Pic available?

ebinmaine

Got one!!!

IMG_20210216_203247606.jpg.1fccdfc913bb233344741e68c9849af6.jpg

VERY nice!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D
19 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Pic available?

Ill have to model one up! Gonna try to work the regular ornament in there as a handle with the wheel and horse on top, maybe even do a "stein" one with a wheel horse lid that ya flip up with your thumb.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

roadapples
31 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Got one!!!

IMG_20210216_203247606.jpg.1fccdfc913bb233344741e68c9849af6.jpg

VERY nice!!

Now, if you  just  had someone  to paint it..:ROTF:.       :ychain:

• Haha 4

Wheel Horse 3D
4 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Oh, i guess he'll find SOMEONE to do it, but whats it gonna cost! Lol

Wheel Horse 3D

Ordered some clear,silver, black, and red filament. We'll have to see what we can come up with!

Man i cant wait to get one of the multi color units, that would make some great stuff!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, roadapples said:

Oh. I think. 

Well I could see what my Paint Department says. 

:ROTF:

• Haha 4

Tractorhead
On 2/3/2021 at 2:49 AM, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Working on printing the parts to put together an enclosure, similar to this one, which will improve the surface adhesion, and limit warping when i print in ABS.

ABS has great temperature resistance, and durability (think black plastic under your car hood). A couple other materials might be suitable as well, but for now ABS is my go to.

SmartSelect_20210202-204312_Chrome.jpg

Did you tried HIPS?

i normally just work with PLA because of smell and fumes indoor.

I thinkering longer times about hips, because fumes shall not be so strong as with ABS.

but i have no experiences until now with that Filament.

Wheel Horse 3D
6 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Did you tried HIPS?

i normally just work with PLA because of smell and fumes indoor.

I thinkering longer times about hips, because fumes shall not be so strong as with ABS.

but i have no experiences until now with that Filament.

Hips is very much like ABS, youll have all the same fumes, adhesion and warping issues.It is a little less ridgid than ABS.

If you want the ease pf PLA with strength comparable to ABS, I would suggest PETG.

PETG would actually be ok for these hood ornaments, but as there are known heat ussues with headlight lenses ABS is the way to go there.

I just like the temperature resistance of ABS.

For items that are actually going on the tractor, or at least anything close to the exhaust and engine heat ABS is the way to go.

I notice a smell to my ABS only occasionally when I have a clog or other failure where plastic is sticking to the nozzle.  Im in a pretty well open area, and im using the enclosure, bur even without the enclosure I can barely tell...then again maybe my nose just dont work!

Im currently using Inland brand ABS.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

Busy day on the road at work today, so I didnt get a chance to work on anything, but I did wander within range of a decent hobby shop where I could find some decent enamel gloss paints!

Ill be working on some of the mentioned projects over the next week or so till my clear filament gets in, and I can progress on the headlight assemblies.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Tractorhead

My printer is housed, but i don‘t have an smokeextractor for now, because the smell of PLA is like pancakes.🤤

I use PLA with a thin coat of paint on the Frontlight holder on my KTM I built 4 years ago.

The last 1 1/2 years the bike will not be driven much, but they still be on and still be ok.

Painted they also to last in Summer, what seems a good idea

so for me it works.

didn‘t tried petg have to read little more about

8ntruck

About 18 months before I retired, the engineering department I worked in got a Fusion 5 3d printer.  We started with PLA, then messed with ABS, and finally settled on PETG.

With PLA, we would get occasional adhesion failures to the table, and some delaminations.  We found that the ABS gave a nicer finish than the PLA, but had a higher print failure rate due to table adhesion and delaminations due to warping.

PETG gave the same finish as PLA and did not have the adhesion or lamination issues of the other two materials.  It seemed to be less sensitive to how well the printer was 'tuned' as well.

Most of my prints were to confirm my 3d CAD work of die components before having them built in tool steel.  We actually replaced some low load metal die details with 3d printed details, lowering cost and lead times for those details.  I also made some gages to quickly determine when the hole punches were too short for use in the dies after sharpening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1