Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

Wheel Horse 3D

Durn GT14 dash is fighting me again! One printer is permanently assigned to this project.

Really frustrating! Here's my dash collection!

16809958024698999087653796580642.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Did make a little progress on the tommy gun.

20230408_113322.jpg

20230408_120723.jpg

16809959241568912013058984196064.jpg

• Like 4

953 nut
34 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Here's my dash collection!

:(                        They all look better than the one on my GT-14.                 :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

@Wheel Horse 3D

Grey this'll make ya feel better...

IMG_20230408_200502_HDR.jpg

• Excellent 1

cafoose
59 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Here's my dash collection!

25 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

They all look better than the one on my GT-14.

Got any usable ones that you are willing to let go cheap :D not looking for perfection, just for a worker :handgestures-thumbupright:

SylvanLakeWH
7 minutes ago, cafoose said:

Got any usable ones that you are willing to let go cheap :D not looking for perfection, just for a worker :handgestures-thumbupright:

I was thinking same thing - "Seconds bin" specials... cover cost of materials...

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D
59 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@Wheel Horse 3D

Grey this'll make ya feel better...

Hells yeah!

• Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D
37 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I was thinking same thing - "Seconds bin" specials... cover cost of materials...

I've got several that came out pretty good but the durn top layer finish isn't right. And some of the little tick Mark's didn't adhere right on some and are missing.

16810026944654938377949781365338.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Saved the best of the bunch for now, the other I marked out was an undersized test.

That leaves #1 good except for finish issues on right side

#2 lettering etc. Slightly offset, tick Mark's easily break off.

#3 lettering etc too light

All 3 have slight top finish artifacts

Gonna create a listing in the store..$15 shipping included.

How's that sound? I'll add any other seconds as we go lol!

20230410_091652.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cafoose

I'll take all three :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Lol should be under WheelHorse items. Anyone else want one ya better be fast @cafooseis gonna gobble 'em up!

Whoah!!!!  , Too late!:o

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Haha 2

cafoose

Too late everyone it just went through after I refreshed the page :lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D

How much someone give me for this one that didn't come out quite perfect?

20230403_211641.jpg

Just kidding! I do have some pretty rough plates without the colored lettering if they'd be useful.

I'll get pic tonight if anyone is interested.

• Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Here's a sample I got today off of one of the new printers that I'm looking at. Can't wait to gather the fundage for this critter!!!! Might end up swapping all my machines at some point!

16811361920542236545590750449991.jpg

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Tommy gun getting closer!

20230411_075925.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Pistol grip printing now, still have to install front and rear sling attachments and rear sight .20230411_231847.jpg.f25f19d720632e4add065636f1432c4c.jpgI'll do a shot of flat black on the hardware portion, and maybe a poly wipe over the "wood" portions.

On a Further look I need to redesign the sling rings. I also still have to install and test the magazine catch, but as far as looks go I'm pretty pleased.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Doing a complete re align on the dash machine.I think part of the issue is a variance in filament, so I going full temp tower/wall extrusion test to fine tune the extrusion factor.

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Progress continues! Still have to redo the sling attachments and work on the magazine catch.

I also had to add some adhesive to the pistol grip and fore grip to solid them up.Attachment with just bolt didn't feel secure enough to me.20230413_202940.jpg.d5db246680455844b70c9af8d4676527.jpg

20230413_202729.jpg

20230413_202734.jpg

20230413_202748.jpg

20230413_202814.jpg

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Working on the tommy gun, and the ma deuce before that really brought to my attention how much the engineering principles of dependability and simplicity have played a role in the growth and success of our nation, whether it be a dependable machine designed by the Ponds in farms and fields, or a firearm on the battle lines of WW2. No frills, easy to build and maintain, and rock solid reliability allowed us to grow and succeed in so many areas. Couple that with the hands that operated and maintained these systems it's no wonder.

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

Wheel Horse 3D

D dash is Just a bit too wide to fit on my printer!

With the common failure along the centerline, would it be possible to print in 2 halves and add a reinforcing rib underneath that duplicates the angle? What's the backside of the dash look like? And what's the angle?

16818256924254488402061439202361.jpg

Wheel Horse 3D

This piece will JUST barely fit on the 12x12 machine. If I just had another 3/4 of an inch!(said noone ever!)

16818277280272534697747788138399.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

And so it begins!

1681847416410403781874901482161.jpg

16818537343411252839772347180236.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Ran out of black filament and had some ivory I didn't need right away, so used it while I'm waiting for the black filament to arrive.

The ivory just looks beautiful I almost cant bring myself to paint it!

20230422_212508.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

I LIKE that.  

So ... Does the material you use do anything like color with age? Attract dirt/dust more than surrounding things?

IE, would it stay looking like this?

Maybe a light sanding to fine grit then a clear coat?

That's a neat look....... 

Wheel Horse 3D

UV will affect the plastic over a long period of time, but the ivory should look even better with a little yellowing. UV resistant varnishes would help, or I guess an ivory enamel would be an option.

As far as dust and dirt, plastics can pick up a static charge, but I would think attachment to metal would negate that.

I would definately probably want to seal the plastic, this light color any oils or carbons would probably show up easily and may soak into the surface of the plastic or adhere itself into the "grain".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1