Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

Wheel Horse 3D

How much thread does a shifter need? Might have to let the client tap it so they can adjust to the exact number of threads to get it facing just right then a little thread lock on there.

Gonna have to be solid and dense too kinda like the door knocker ball.

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Soooo....any requests for the Big Show????

Already figuring on a bunch of the 3d keychains.

Thinking ahead to that time already. Think we'll leave Dug at home and come with an empty trailer to fill with something hydro with mower deck for Mrs!

• Like 1

Handy Don
On 3/19/2022 at 12:00 PM, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Might have to let the client tap it so they can adjust to the exact number of threads to get it facing just right then a little thread lock on there.

Flat lock nut would let you be more precise on positioning, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Flat lock nut would let you be more precise on positioning, wouldn't it?

As long as theres enough thread to work with, thats a perfect solution. I had planned the shaft to go deeper into the head though, with a portion of the bottom as a collar. Figured this would distribute the forces of shifting better.20220319_153126.jpg.373f73932a9b65f09299ce74b0d818b3.jpg

20220319_155101.jpg

• Like 1

Handy Don
15 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

As long as theres enough thread to work with, thats a perfect solution. I had planned the shaft to go deeper into the head though, with a portion of the bottom as a collar. Figured this would distribute the forces of shifting better.

20220319_153126.jpg.373f73932a9b65f09299ce74b0d818b3.jpg 20220319_155101.jpg

Yeah, I see where you are going on this and it's a good idea.

More involved, but a setscrew through a small hole in the "wheel" part to grip the shaft solely to prevent rotation? Could still use a dab of purple loctite just to prevent wiggling?

Last wacky idea: ship the mandrel and the horse separately so the owner can thread the mandrel onto the shifter (again, purple loctite?) and then use their favorite adhesive to glue the horse to the mandrel with the horse positioned as they want it.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Thats an interesting thought! A bit of acetone would be all that would be required.

Lol no gear jammer in the stable! Dug's a hydro

Wheel Horse 3D

M

1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Last wacky idea: ship the mandrel and the horse separately so the owner can thread the mandrel onto the shifter (again, purple loctite?) and then use their favorite adhesive to glue the horse to the mandrel with the horse positioned as they want it.

The more I think on it, this may be exactly what is needed. Could then use a standard thread on insert, and apply it to all different shapes of custom shifter. Can anyone verify for me the shifter thread size, thread length, and diameter of the unthreaded portion of the shaft?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

M

The more I think on it, this may be exactly what is needed. Could then use a standard thread on insert, and apply it to all different shapes of custom shifter. Can anyone verify for me the shifter thread size, thread length, and diameter of the unthreaded portion of the shaft?

Text me about 5 and I can check it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don

⅜-16 on both R-1-2-3 and H-L

~⅜ of usable thread on each

Hi-Low on ⅜" shaft

image.png.8c8d24ebd674717588de549a2dbc8952.png

R-1-2-3 on ½" shaft

image.png.6d23d242380783b1e2c80c64a0e31695.png

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Thanks Don! And sorry I didnt holler at ya Eric, been busy busy!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
37 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Thanks Don! And sorry I didnt holler at ya Eric, been busy busy!

No apologies brother man.

Notice the time on @Handy Don reply. Perfect timing. 👍

Wheel Horse 3D

Latest custom order.....a 20" tall Gary the Snail ??????!!!!!!!! Will take 14 individual pieces some weighing almost 2 lbs and requiring 2 days to print the larger pieces. Yikes!

20220328_191135.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine

Gary the snail is the most awesomest

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Almost done. Now to repeat this 13 more times lol

20220402_101903.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Confused 1

Wheel Horse 3D

And the fun continues!

20220404_121920.jpg

20220404_133131.jpg

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Today got some more done! One of the upper shell pieces is almost finished as well.

20220405_142320.jpg

16491955835657110554683597173903.jpg

• Like 4

Wheel Horse 3D

4 more pieces to go!

20220406_225107.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Only 2 left, and did some assembly, welding and filling

20220410_204225.jpg

20220410_204314.jpg

• Like 3

sjoemie himself

Since Gary is acceptable I thought you might also enjoy my custom 3D printed IH logo I made for my 'Murray to IH 1568 project'.

Couldn't find a suitable off the shelf logo in the right scale so decided I would try to 3D print it.

I drew this myself in fusion360 and then had somebody else print it for me. Came out pretty good.

Plan is to paint it in the correct colors obviously ;)

IMG_20220323_092412.jpg

IMG_20220411_132832_8.jpg

Edited by sjoemie himself
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D
5 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

Since Gary is acceptable I thought you might also enjoy my custom 3D printed IH logo I made for my 'Murray to IH 1568 project'.

Couldn't find a suitable off the shelf logo in the right scale so decided I would try to 3D print it.

I drew this myself in fusion360 and then had somebody else print it for me. Came out pretty good.

Plan is to paint it in the correct colors obviously ;)

IMG_20220323_092412.jpg

IMG_20220411_132832_8.jpg

Could also be done as a multi color print! Just now tinkering with manual filament changes mid print. Eventually i intend to get at least a 4 color multi material type unit.

• Like 2

sjoemie himself

Funny you should mention that. The man that printed the logo for me said exactly the same!

I opted to not go that route so that I can match the paint with the rest of the tractor.

When I sent the example he said "well maybe it's better to paint it if you want it to match precisely".. :dunno:

1b5b2a04b188a07d54f3d0e603ca2ec2.png

Wheel Horse 3D
21 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

Funny you should mention that. The man that printed the logo for me said exactly the same!

I opted to not go that route so that I can match the paint with the rest of the tractor.

When I sent the example he said "well maybe it's better to paint it if you want it to match precisely".. :dunno:

1b5b2a04b188a07d54f3d0e603ca2ec2.png

Getting a filament to match a color like RED is a pain, in here somewhere is documented the search for a decent "Red". We had orangy red, reddish orange, blaze red, iron red, brick red till i finally came across "Enzo Red" from one specific manufacturer that was the same color as regular red testors enamel.

• Like 1

sjoemie himself

Than i'm glad I chose the paint route.

Seems to me the red fillaments turn out a little 'flat' or 'bleached' once printed.

Wheel Horse 3D

These horses were done in the enzo red..but again, getting that correct color was a pain

20210508_212709.jpg

• Excellent 1