Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Just holler if ya need any assembly hints!

Actually yes. If you would be so kind.

What is the tool that you sent? I remember you mentioning it but not how to use it.

Also, the sequence and grit of the sandpaper used to smooth the surfaces up.

Wheel Horse 3D

Hot off the printer with a quick acetone coat and some hardware!

SmartSelect_20210323-212231_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210323-212209_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210323-212327_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210323-212249_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D
16 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Actually yes. If you would be so kind.

What is the tool that you sent? I remember you mentioning it but not how to use it.

Also, the sequence and grit of the sandpaper used to smooth the surfaces up.

Simply heat that tool up and press gently on the end of the propeller shaft to mushroom the end of the shaft, trapping the propeller on. Just be gentle and dont press hard, just takes a sec for the heat to transfer. Might test on one of the spare engines first to get a feel for it, and how far you want to mushroom.

Grits id start around 300 then 600 and 1200(or plastic bristle brush), if you want to prime that is good too , i use a filler primer that helps fill in the layers. The planes should be relatively easy sandin, the tank might be fun due to the details.

Another trick is to use the plane body as a sanding block to smooth the "underside" of the turrets so they fit the body nice and flush.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Seems we touched on acetone as a "fastener" for these.... Any plastic modeling cements that can be used?

I ask because there's a fair chance of added detail happening. 

Wheel Horse 3D
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Seems we touched on acetone as a "fastener" for these.... Any plastic modeling cements that can be used?

I ask because there's a fair chance of added detail happening. 

NICE! Acetone works so well to be honest I haven't tried anything else. Any super Glue should work, I did inset those filaments into the Caballo Diablo with E6000 I knew it would give me a sec and was thick. I'd love to know what plain ,'ol model glue would do. Save your Little thin scraps from the parts sheet to use as a test to be sure it doesn't dissolve the plastic in any way.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

Another thought...I know a lot of seats out there need help and saving the logo from the original vinyl or naugehyde (???) is not always an option. We have amongst our computer controlled gadgets an embroidery unit that'll do up to a 4" square. Im not sure how it would handle vinyl, but maybe a patch of sorts to sew into the vinyl? Another thought, could I utilize the printer to make a press of sorts to press the logo into some new vinyl?

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Another thought...I know a lot of seats out there need help and saving the logo from the original vinyl or naugehyde (???) is not always an option. We have amongst our computer controlled gadgets an embroidery unit that'll do up to a 4" square. Im not sure how it would handle vinyl, but maybe a patch of sorts to sew into the vinyl?

Seems my impression of this issue is not having a person/facility to recover the entire seat. 

It's certainly a specialty niche market that demands a set skill and desire to do the work. 

Wheel Horse 3D
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Seems my impression of this issue is not having a person/facility to recover the entire seat. 

It's certainly a specialty niche market that demands a set skill and desire to do the work. 

As I teen I worked upholstery and actually taught adult ed classes in the subject. Somethin' I could definitely do just not sure I have the time in my life right now lol

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

There's some various foam filaments that can print in foam, maybe could print backing foam, then a generic seat cover and some spray adhesive, a little pressing work and voila custom WH logo! Way easier than doing a full upholstery job.

ebinmaine
Just now, Wheel Horse 3D said:

There's some various foam filaments that can print in foam, maybe could print backing foam, then a generic seat cover and some spray adhesive, a little pressing work and voila custom WH logo! Way easier than doing a full upholstery job.

That could be worth a little further thought...

I'm not personally too concerned about having a Wheelhorse seat. 

Many others would be. 

Wheel Horse 3D
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

That could be worth a little further thought...

I'm not personally too concerned about having a Wheelhorse seat. 

Many others would be. 

I personally would love to do myself a hand tooled leather seat if I had a showpiece! For a worker, not too concerned either.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Any adjustments to the key covers?

Not something ill list in the store, but will have available as a custom order for those that want 'em.

Thinking 1.00 a set, but want to be sure we have an acceptable format.

20210311_212720.jpg

20210311_212736.jpg

20210311_212732.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

First layers of a 3d/classic hitching post topper going down! Just BARELY fit all the parts on one run.

16166261639215250116703185895430.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Another nifty thing about 3d printing, you can adjust the internal structure of something you print. So...if you have something large that doesnt need a lot of strength, you can adjust the infill so you leave hollows inside by percentage. So I can literally print an object using 80 percent less plastic than injection molding. You have different forms of internal patterns to choose from to maximize strength, and you can even adjust the thickness of the outer solid shell.

3d printing can use less raw material, create lighter products wih the same volume and functional rigidity as injection molding, which saves on shipping costs and thus carbon emmissions. AND you can completely recycle the items made and make new items from recycled material.

All with the on demand and customization benefiits too.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Geesh its quiet on here today...have a busy day at work, thinkin' I'm missin all the fun, finally get a minute...crickets! lol

• Haha 2

rjg854

When it's 75 degrees and the sun is shining who wants to be sitting at a computer or playing on a phone :confusion-scratchheadyellow:  We've waited a long time for this kind of weather :banana-dreads:

• Excellent 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Hitching post topper done! 

Should the wheels be a bit wider or is this good?

20210325_190324.jpg

20210325_190353.jpg

20210325_190335.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

This is begging for some bronze hammer paint!

Wheel Horse 3D
1 hour ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

So pleased I went ahead and posted to the store.

SmartSelect_20210325-201412_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

20210325_210753.jpg

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

That works! Even looks like an old cast iron piece!

Jeff-C175
49 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

20210325_210753.jpg

Punk Horse... ring though his nose... :ychain:

Looks GREAT!  I'm thinkin' I need one in the garden to leash all my bride's garden gnomes to!

Is the ring printed too?

Thought about putting the ring through the hoof?

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wheel Horse 3D
7 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Is the ring printed too?

Could go through the hoof or attach to the front of the collar, just went with the original victorian through the nose! Lol

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Its actually at the back of his mouth, so you have a horse holdin yer horse for ya! Lol

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
15 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Is the ring printed too?

The ring is printed too, but independently so it swivels up and down

• Like 1