Old Skool

3 point hitch for D200

Old Skool

Does any one know if the 3 point hitch from a GT 14 will work on a D200??  It looks similar   Im looking for a 3 point hitch for my D200 just bought it not sure why anyone would take the hitch off.

Pollack Pete
7 hours ago, Old Skool said:

not sure why anyone would take the hitch off.

Not all D-200's came with a 3 point hitch.It was an option.Same as a rear power take-off.That was an option also.

19richie66

83D5B333-6CA8-4857-8A6D-9770513794FE.jpeg.a5e6a4fe0b9f55f924dda9669049f133.jpeg1D486A37-4765-4ED0-8DC4-7C041CABF015.jpeg.66697dc82514212b05f797983ab9aa32.jpegAs far as I know, only the lower arms and hydraulic cylinder are the same. Everything else is different. Top - D series , bottom - Gt14

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1

Old Skool

But Im assuming if it has the hydraulic lever for the the 3 point hitch it probably came with one??  

Old Skool

Thank you!!!!    Richie. That picture helps me I couldn't find one of the D200  A close up like that anyway

953 nut

:WRS:

Everything on the "D" is heavier than the GT-14. You might call Lincoln https://a-ztractor.com/, he probably can hook you up with what you need.

ebinmaine

Well where are my manners.....

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Hey @Oldskool we have an @Old Skool now too!!

• Like 1

19richie66

Not sure about the levers. My D160 had both levers on the dash just as this picture. It had 3 point and pto when I got it. 

26BAD5C2-74E6-40F0-8C20-E851E7DB0D1C.jpeg

Old Skool

Yes Richie mine looks just like that but no hitch. Does your hitch work off the same hydraulic cylinder as the deck?  or is there another separate cylinder for the hitch??

19richie66

I believe on the D there were two cylinders. One underneath the tunnel and one right under the seat. I do not have mine anymore. Wish I did but the transaxle was toasted and I couldn’t get into that at the time. 

Oldskool

Welcome @Old Skool from another Oldskool. You couldnt have come to a better spot for info from a great bunch of guys.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Old Skool

Agreed!!

• Like 1

pacer

Nothing much to add, just may be welcome to the madness!!

I too have a D200 that has neither the 3 point or PTO, and the PO said thats the way he bought it -- just a 48" mower deck. It does have the lever in the dash and also a hyd line to where the mounting point of the cyl would go.

Kinda funny, here on the forum theres a ..... sorta 'love/hate' with the "Big D's"? Guess thats sorta strongly put, but there are some that just dont like them - seems the look maybe?? Any way the ones of us that DO love em, we do do it with PASSION!! theyre a beast!!

heres mine shortly after I got it...........IMG_3363.JPG.b6db16405076d10cb20eaf9c4ae2de7f.JPG

Edited by pacer
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

D series used a second hydro cylinder for the 3 pt hitch