OldWorkHorse

1st wheelhorse and 1st restore

wfrpalm

That sure cleaned up nice.

• Thanks 1

peter lena

oldworkhorse, nice recovery on that , did you use an oil lubricant or paint cleaner to bring that paint out ? looks like its been cared for now ,  good job, pete

• Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse

I actually did a full re paint. Took about 4 months. Top to bottom. Not my best work. But I do like the outcome and very proud of this rig. Have the 48" deck and bagger as can be seen in OG photo but due to cold new England weather the snowblower resto came 1st. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse
59 minutes ago, peter lena said:

oldworkhorse, nice recovery on that , did you use an oil lubricant or paint cleaner to bring that paint out ? looks like its been cared for now ,  good job, pete

20200624_202212.jpg

• Like 2

OldWorkHorse
6 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

20200624_202212.jpg

I found this site hunting for parts for the 314 and I found someone who makes all new decals so I stripped down and did full paint and stickered it back up to the best of my knowledge witch at this point is limited but slowly learning about them. This site has been most of my info. 

• Like 4

Pullstart

Awesome work, it looks tough!

• Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

Awesome work, it looks tough!

Thank you! Shes a beast! Only time I've been looking forward to snow. Haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Nice job!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

rjg854

Looks like a new tractor :text-bravo:

• Thanks 1

WHNJ701

The ag's give it a good stance

• Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
7 hours ago, jabelman said:

The ag's give it a good stance

Yes they do 23x10.5-12 on the rear were enjoyable to put on the rear to say the least lol. Some tough rubber. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Spottedeventer
      By Spottedeventer
      Hi! The shafts of my fathers old 314-8, deck number 73449 have worn to the point the blades don’t stay secured. I’ve struck out tonight trying to find a part number. If anyone can assist, I would greatly appreciate it. 

thank you,

Patricia 
    • colbyeast
      By colbyeast
      Looking for someone in the Northeast (New England area) that can look at my Kohler Magnum 14 ( over 2000hrs
      )had rebuilt about 2 years ago (very little hours after rebuild)it's now blowing white smoke and going through oil, (checked breather :ok; cylinder has carbon build up no wear on cylinder wall) Could it be rings gone?Also needs carb work (throttle linkage very loose) Thanks in advance

• ryobi.warrior
      By ryobi.warrior
      The belt on my Wheel Horse 314-8 mower deck (05-37SC01) appears to be contacting the deck bracket between the spindle pulleys. I am a novice when it comes to Wheel Horse maintenance (at best), but this does not seem correct.

I recently inherited this Wheel Horse, so I do not know the maintenance history. Unfortunately, the mechanic who previously worked on it was a no-show for a scheduled maintenance visit.

Any advice on how to address this? Thanks in advance... this seems like a great forum and I'm looking forward to spending time here!

Photos (please forgive the dirt and grime, I plan to clean it up!): https://imgur.com/a/4PknZuJ

• ashtonosborne2019
      By ashtonosborne2019
      I just got a 1993 toro wheel horse 314-8 today for free. It seems to be in good working order hasn't ran since last summer. Came with a mower deck, rear wheel weights, and a snow plow. My plan is to take the transaxle out if i don't like the motor and put the trans in my 520-h hopefully it works. Is there any pointers you guys could give me i would really appreciate it... thanks.
    • Fishkill-Will
      By Fishkill-Will
      My 1998 314-8 is not starting after stalling while engaging the PTO clutch for snowblowing. It started easily and warmed up well. The stalling didn't seem like a big deal but then it just refused to start. Lights light up and I hear a click. Wondering if this sounds like a PTO clutch safety switch issue and if that should be my first place to look? 

Fuses look fine.

A few weeks ago when I installed the snowblower it stalled in the same manner. I took off the snowblower belt and put it back on and it started and ran well. No such luck this time. Maybe the switch was on the fritz? Had no issues all summer mowing.

If it is a battery or starter issue it would seem like quite a coincidence that it happened right when I tried to blow snow. Like I said, it started like a champ.

Seat switches have been non-functioning since I got the machine. I assume the previous owner bypassed them.

Any thoughts appreciated. I am not at all familiar with the PTO switch or the wiring.