D_Mac

Coca - Cola Cooler.

PeacemakerJack

well done @D_Mac!  What a cool piece of vintage Americana and how sweet to refurb it on the 4th weekend👍🏻

:USA:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

Thank You @PeacemakerJack I busted my butt to get it done for the party. Hope the paint cures enough by Monday, hate to have to do it again !

• Like 1

squonk
25 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Thank You @PeacemakerJack I busted my butt to get it done for the party. Hope the paint cures enough by Monday, hate to have to do it again !

I was wondering with the heat and the dewpoints over 65 if it would stay "soft" for a while. The paint solvents have to evaporate and the air can't absorb much.

D_Mac

Well just to let you know I did bring it to my mothers picnic. I loaded it up with cans of coke and ice. Within 15 mins I noticed a steady drip coming from the bottom ..........ughhhhhhh !!!!! When I finished the inside of the cooler I did not notice any little holes in it. I did notice some on the lid but not the bottom. I was thinking about spraying the inside with " FLEX SEAL " has anyone tried it? Anyone have a different idea? If you tried flex seal was it the brush on kind or spray kind? Was not leaking bad but a steady drip all day. As an added bonus, after I dropped it off at my mothers I was going back to my house. I just wanted to get the drinks on ice a few hours before the party. When I was at the store I bought some glass bottles of Coke only to put on the bottom of the cooler for display. So I leave my mothers house and drive to my house. When I get home I noticed I left my tailgate down and I lost 2 six packs of the glass bottle cokes and my Makita Power Set in its case was hanging on to the edge of the tailgate ......UGHHHH!!! If I would have lost the tool set I would most upset. Thank God it didnt slip off. Just lost 12 glass bottle cokes. How stupid !!!

20200706_114448.jpg

20200706_110230.jpg

• Like 2

oldredrider

This is why Coke coolers should be filled with beer. Beer is precious cargo. Priority to protecting it.

Added bonus: after using said contents, paint job ain't so bad! :ROTF:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

D_Mac

LOL the beer is in the other 2 coolers!

• Like 1