@pullstart ill be around Kevin! When 

you come thru give me a shout! 
Do l need to lock up the horses?  :ROTF:
Stop by Pioneer Coach to

say hello and ill give you a 50 cent 

tour!!

Edited by The Tuul Crib

Wheel Horse 3D

@pullstart What an adventure! Makes my past weekend look like a trip to the mailbox!

Attached pic for reference...even if Denali and I went all Calvin and Hobbes .....not much goin on there!

20210525_095022.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Haha 4

Pullstart
8 hours ago, The Tuul Crib said:

Stop by Pioneer Coach to

say hello and ill give you a 50 cent 

tour!!

As much as we’d love to stop by, we are so far behind schedule!  It looks like you’re a stone’s throw from Hendersonville too!  My glasses are breaking and Mrs. P’s cousin is an optometrist down here.  We’re about 100 miles SE on 24 now and have sat in traffic jams about an hour and a half so far today.  

• Sad 1

Mickwhitt

Spent the afternoon stripping cleaning and refitting the carb on my new Honda wheeled strimmer. 

Still not running right but I'm sure its just a carb issue.

The gasket placement is pretty critical and very fiddly. 

I will make some headless studs to make it a bit easier.

Its the same engine as on my mower which runs fine so I can compare the two set ups to make sure the PO hadnt fitted things wrong.

Mick 

• Like 4

Handy Don
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

have sat in traffic jams about an hour and a half so far today

Just wait until this weekend! I am expecting TOTAL highway madness.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Just wait until this weekend! I am expecting TOTAL highway madness.

I'm expecting TOTAL STAY HOME. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Handy Don
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm expecting TOTAL STAY HOME. 

That was my plan until yesterday.

Then we got an invite to be with all four grandchildren (and, oh yeah, their parents). Leaving at 0530 on Friday morning and not comin' back 'til Monday midday! Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
Just now, Handy Don said:

That was my plan until yesterday.

Then we got an invite to be with all four grandchildren (and, oh yeah, their parents). Leaving at 0530 on Friday morning and not comin' back 'til Monday midday! Fingers crossed.

Hopefully those departure and arrival times will work out to your benefit

The Tuul Crib
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

As much as we’d love to stop by, we are so far behind schedule!  It looks like you’re a stone’s throw from Hendersonville too!  My glasses are breaking and Mrs. P’s cousin is an optometrist down here.  We’re about 100 miles SE on 24 now and have sat in traffic jams about an hour and a half so far today.  

20 min to H'ville! 
on a good day! Be safe, maybe next time!

N' ville traffic is not any better

Jeff-C175

Second sash and frame ready for caulk and trim;

image.png.876c4448d0784f3597143be099eb5989.png

I found some OLD 14' long 1x4 lumber in my stash.  Going to repurpose that into the casings.  This is OLD because it's not actual 3/4 x 3-1/2, it measures 7/8 x 3-5/8 !

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

Trina's decided to resurface out back of the house in the area we call the "fire circle". 

It's a 26 foot diameter circle of 3/4" crushed stone with an antique truck rim in the center as our fire holder. That rim is surrounded by stones as is many things here. 

The Yard Decorations Department who also functions as our local stone setting expert will be laying in 12 x 12 x 2 cement pavers. Some gray, some red. 

Should be an interesting change of scenery but also the chairs will actually sit on top of the cement instead of sinking into the 3/4" stone. 

She figures it will take around 250 blocks to do what she wants done. 

The first 40 came home in her little Honda Fit this evening. 

We used Cinnamon Horse and the 17 cube Agri fab trailer to move a little over half of them from the upper driveway to the backyard. 

IMG_20210526_181643082.jpg.3bc4c35e0ae4ee34efa8fa853bfc6b41.jpg

IMG_20210526_181626868.jpg.10b4dcd8b6a459790fdf2bfd64b1019d.jpg

IMG_20210526_183118160.jpg

IMG_20210526_181659771.jpg

IMG_20210526_183124464.jpg

Edited by ebinmaine
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 4

Jeff-C175
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

first 40 came home in her little Honda Fit this evening

No pics of the Fit with the springs bottomed out?  😋

Sounds like it's gonna be awesome!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

No pics of the Fit with the springs bottomed out?  😋

Sounds like it's gonna be awesome!

Oh no. It did quite well. 

Vehicle load capacity is 850 lbs. Blocks weighed about 680. 

The rear seats fold up out of the way so you can load the floor. 

She spread the weight right out to keep it even. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse

@ebinmaine that is gonna look awesome!

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

@ebinmaine that is gonna look awesome!

I suspect by the time you show up in 36 hours she'll have already begun...

In one of those pictures you can see the bottom portion of the large wood crate that used to be on the right. I'm going to slice that up and make two benches out of it for extra seating.

We will likely have a little fire out there to continue burning up some of that scrap wood.

OldWorkHorse
59 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I suspect by the time you show up in 36 hours she'll have already begun...

Heck yeah can't wait to come over and enjoy it!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Well..other than letting the smoke out of Dug, I've been worrying the heck out of some printer issues in my brain, and tryin all kinds of stuff.

For some reason, the new printer keeps dragging the nozzle, if i babysit and manually adjust height itll come out ok, but it needs to just go.

Ill figure it out eventually, but my tests show eveything within tolerance...grrrrr.

• Sad 3

Dan.gerous

Been a crazy few days.

Lost all power to the electric fences while we were away (very mysterious and I suspect foul play). Our poor stockman ended up with half the fences destroyed and pigs wandering about wherever they felt like. After trying my best to problem solve over the phone we decided to cut our holiday short and head back on an 8 hour drive to help sort the problem out.

A bunch of "experts" had been helping and I came home to some mess, with feed wires everywhere, money spent on new energisers that we dont need etc. Quickly found the actual problem after arriving home at 10pm and going for a wander - main wires disconnected from the fence in a location that only myself and one other person (ex employee) know about, and they had to be unbolted with a spanner...

Anyway, we set about trying to get the fences back together, which is no mean feat when the pigs are destroying them as quickly as you fix them. Eventually we got to a point where we had enough fences repaired to put a half decent amount of power through them, which stopped the majority of the pigs trying it on. Its now day three and I just have 27 pens left to repair and the place is back to its calm and tranquil normality! phew - some way to end a weeks holiday!

Its been quite fortuitous in one way as the whole system is a shambles anyway, its been on my list of things to completely revamp and this has now pushed it to top priority. Have started simplifing and improving it, already have more voltage on the fence than has ever been seen before - once all the work is finished we will have a much simpler system that will be easy to diagnose faults on. Currently its been added to and added to over the past 10 years without any thought, and about 50% of the wires about the place are no longer used, which makes it incredibly confusing to try and sort things out.

So today will be fences, fences, fences.

We are  also installing security cameras, its no coincidence that the one time the farm is left unoccupied that mysterious faults start happening - and one of our staff left in a bad mood a few weeks ago (he was an awful grumpy old bastard anyway). Shame I don't have any proof or I would be down at the police station making a complaint, but we live and learn from these experiences.

Here is hoping for a quiet weekend watching MotoGP and WSBK racing - might even cast an eye on the Indy 500 if time permits.

• Sad 6

Maxwell-8
10 hours ago, Andy N. said:

Today I decided to catch up on my Red Square reading at work while ops checking the HDMI connections.

First picture, Me: great, watching redsquare on TV

Second picture/video: dahm that is a loud RTV? very nice interior tho.

Third picture: dahm it's a freaking private jet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OutdoorEnvy

Well I found the weakness to the Lawnboy Gold Series 2 cycle mowers of the 90's...it's the plastic starter rope guide... The starter rope has eaten it's way through the plastic.  Ordered a metal replacement one and it worked out great.  Part number is Lawnboy/Toro 86-9671 if anyone else needs it. 

469033599_ropeguide3.jpg.8712440482ee04082a282fe092396775.jpg

original plastic compared to metal replacement.  You can use the same nylon nut from original with the new metal one.

24586032_ropeguide2.jpg.f6d627cb22ca37506b4586edb289bce1.jpg

Now she's ready to role!

1792344772_ropeguide1.jpg.15a6cd679ac07b4b9aa28faae8a325df.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Stormin

Been to help my mate Dunc load up his trailer with things from his old workshop, to go up to his new one in Scotland.

Turning into the single track lane that leads home, also to a local farm Tea Room, it was evident it was the start of the May Bank Holiday. Lock down restrictions are starting to be relaxed. Tea Room has reopened. Car coming towards me and taking it's time. Not local. Tea Room customer. Pulled in to let it past then just as I started to move, another appeared making it's leisurely down. Let that pass and $h**, yet another. Ten minutes to drive 3/4s of a mile.  :evil:

Now all three cars had past gateways, where they could have pulled in. But no, they're not going to chance getting dirty tyres. This will be a regular occurrence all summer now.  :angry-banghead:

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

ebinmaine

@Stormin

That's when it comes in handy to have a VERY large vehicle or something like an old farm tractor for transportation. 

• Like 2

Stormin
44 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@Stormin

That's when it comes in handy to have a VERY large vehicle or something like an old farm tractor for transportation. 

Don't bet on it. Some years ago when I had my digger, I was towing it on the trailer home, when some rectum coming the opposite way kept on coming. The grass verge is about 2ft then a ditch both sides of the lane. No way I could possibly pull over. I stopped and he stopped. We looked at each other and he then signalled me to reverse. I got out and politely asked, honestly, if he was joking. He said you reverse. I got back in the Land Rover, rolled a smoke, put my feet up on the dash. Took him 5 minutes of his wife giving him earache before he reversed to the nearest gateway. :D

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5