Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

ebinmaine
Just now, WHX?? said:

Buy horses? :D

THAT was the first thing I thought of... 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
5 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

The thinner you slice it, the more of it there is. 

True but they didn't save us no Buffalo... 

6 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Buy horses? :D

Well I ain't never seen a armored truck following a hearse...:lol:

• Excellent 3

8ntruck
On 2/14/2023 at 3:41 PM, Pullstart said:

Hey EB!  Found my tape measure!

75E35BA3-4FF3-45CB-8254-D291497EA813.jpeg

I just bought another pair of utility knives today 'cause I can't locate any of the 4 others I know I have somewhere.

• Haha 4

Horse Newbie

Not today, but over the last few months…

Since early October my neighbor and me have been working on his wife’s she-shed.

I believe there are pics back somewhere in this thread since October.

We started with a badly unlevel concrete 12x12 ft dog kennel pad; framed it, sheathed it, wrapped it, roofed it, wired it, insulated it, then put vinyl siding on it, working on weather permitting weekends only.

What’s left is one little piece of trim metal to cover the brick molding and jam over the door. Then we will put a level floor in it.

Then he’ll have his Sheetrock man do his thing, Then we will install the electrical switches and fixtures after paint.

Also will get a concrete stoop/ porch…

BA142253-3835-4DAA-90B0-9573D2F854FB.jpeg

EB8FCAFB-4EB2-4E25-BA7A-3D5023FED74E.jpeg

6478F214-3299-484C-9775-2DB3EA66082B.jpeg

385302D7-34DD-4205-A28A-6EF3E30C34F6.jpeg

5FC806C6-07C1-4418-832E-1BB3A95ADD59.jpeg

D17992D3-AA23-4383-813E-41C06425BC89.jpeg

47006FCC-49FD-47C3-A080-588EA6AE00D4.jpeg

593E9F5D-C13E-40D5-AAE4-6DDBF59E821E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

19richie66

Very nice job!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Very nice job!

:text-yeahthat:

• Thanks 1

Horse Newbie

So I was watching some Aerial America shorts on YouTube from the Smithsonian Channel about “Where the Richest Sunbathe and Socialize”.

They we’re talking about the Astor Mansion, Beechwood, and it showed a Wheel Horse being used by landscapers dressed in white.

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Those of you who can't stand severe unwarranted disarray...

Look carefully at this picture. I double dog 🐕 🐕 dare ya. 

IMG_20230226_091201030_HDR.jpg.6dbe19cc930b4dd8c38c04eaebead9c8.jpg

That's the "before" of the particular bin box. 

There was also another bin box along with a bag sent up to me by @Mows4three Dave.  It was at least a quart in volume of various excellent quality terminals. 

IMG_20230226_091205319.jpg.b953f0b5c579fe428be4ef5697ee45e1.jpg

Thanks VERY much for that. 

Here's the "after" as all is combined.  

IMG_20230226_114257058.jpg.f478e93130375f150f7a8d5ca2dc19fd.jpg

Many of these terminals will be a literal lifetime supply for me. 

• Like 4

Horse Newbie

I see one compartment in the “after” pic where a connector/ terminal doesn’t match the others… better find that and fix it…

• Haha 4

Pullstart

Our chickens have stopped laying eggs.  It could be a lack of light, but we’ve never been this short on production.  There is a theory that there is a mass food problem.  I can’t say for sure if I believe it or not, but we got 100 lbs of kidney beans and cooked 2 weeks’ worth of food for them yesterday.  I cleaned out the shop fridge, something that was much needed anyway, and stored the food in daily containers to give them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Our chickens have stopped laying eggs.  It could be a lack of light, but we’ve never been this short on production.  There is a theory that there is a mass food problem.  I can’t say for sure if I believe it or not, but we got 100 lbs of kidney beans and cooked 2 weeks’ worth of food for them yesterday.  I cleaned out the shop fridge, something that was much needed anyway, and stored the food in daily containers to give them.

Our chickens are fed, Egg Layer Pellets. Exclusively.

This past November they stopped laying eggs for 2 or 3 months. A few weeks ago we started getting them again. We are now back up to 1 to 3 eggs per day from nine birds which is about half the normal peak during warm weather.

Can't say as I have heard about any Nationwide issues but ours have certainly been based on light, and molting cycle. That varies by species.

• Like 2

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Our chickens are fed, Egg Layer Pellets. Exclusively.

This past November they stopped laying eggs for 2 or 3 months. A few weeks ago we started getting them again. We are now back up to 1 to 3 eggs per day from nine birds which is about half the normal peak during warm weather.

Can't say as I have heard about any Nationwide issues but ours have certainly been based on light, and molting cycle. That varies by species.

I’m skeptical of a chicken food conspiracy indeed, but this will become a cheaper alternative to store bought processed food, and that’s cool.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Hhhmmm...

I'm thinking perhaps the ladies are looking for a bit more attention from you gentlemen... 

"All they do is fawn over them Wheel Horses. ..!!! Wheel Horse this and Wheel Horse that... Hhhmmmppphh... :angry-tappingfoot: We'll show them who's boss..." 

Perhaps some quiet time with the ladies, candles, mood music... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 4

Pullstart

Just to be clear, we don’t plan to feed 100 lbs in 2 weeks.  We have plenty to last a long time this way!

Pullstart
Just now, SylvanLakeWH said:

Hhhmmm...

I'm thinking perhaps the ladies are looking for a bit more attention from you gentlemen... 

"All they do is fawn over them Wheel Horses. ..!!! Wheel Horse this and Wheel Horse that... Hhhmmmppphh... :angry-tappingfoot: We'll show them who's boss..." 

Perhaps some quiet time with the ladies, candles, mood music... :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ahh no.  Last time they quit laying eggs, I threatened to hang a hatchet in the coop and they started back up again!  :lol:

• Haha 5

lynnmor

Can you tell that I spent much of my career working with the connector industry?

Here is part of my collection:

IMG_0732.thumb.JPG.ff20627dadcaf5e9eda256d5725e00ae.JPGIMG_0733.JPG.f8e1b1362eb87fa3eadaff31acd10b09.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

c-series don

@lynnmor Do you or anyone else have a good source for connectors? I really like the ones that have a little silicone inside and heat shrink tubing on the outside. I understand that soldering is the best, but some of the connections I make will never be out in the elements. 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
3 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Do you or anyone else have a good source for connectors?

I think I'll pay @lynnmor a visit when I need one.

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, c-series don said:

@lynnmor Do you or anyone else have a good source for connectors? I really like the ones that have a little silicone inside and heat shrink tubing on the outside. I understand that soldering is the best, but some of the connections I make will never be out in the elements. 

The only one of ours that gets out in the elements are the snow tractors.

I know this is kind of redundant but I put heat shrink tubing over the top of heat shrink connectors. Makes me feel better.

I can't honestly comment on a source as I just look on the interwebs for the right quality stuff at the best price when I need it...

I'd be VERY interested in having a constant source that I could get those things from.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Trout stocking time.     We stocked Wed and Fri last week and this morning.

104_1502.JPG.4874ddfee121f07fc89361e735d7e4b8.JPG104_1498.JPG.3ca38b19d9b61dd7633606acd79ec3a8.JPG104_1497.JPG.475b935787acfcc5593ee99780d2636d.JPG

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

8ntruck

I've worked through the city's bureaucracy and am finally starting to put my porch back together.  Only able to get a couple hours of work in on it at a time between mentoring the robotics team and waiting for days with good weather.  I've gotten the ledger board up for the rafters and got one the north post and end beam up.  I got the south post prepped today.

20230227_172639.jpg.e6bb9f8e0c72dca836c33ef2bf09cc4e.jpg

20230227_172703.jpg.e7e17e41253c92e026c4832932ebbb65.jpg

Hopefully, I'll get the front beam set and the rafters up this week.

When I get the roof deck on, I can call the brick mason back to stick the bricks on.

Does not help that my wife was feeling sick last Friday.  We got a Covid test kit Saturday  for her and she tested positive.  We have turned ourselves into hermits for a couple of weeks.  I've picked up a cough.  Hope I don't have that crud now.

• Like 3

Pullstart

I’m on an icy roof today.  They have a leak due to wind damage, but they are waiting on contractor schedule and materials and insurance mumbled jumbo to get it taken care of.  I’m defrosting the thing with a garden hose so I can at least tarp the thing for them.

@ebinmaine I erred on the side of caution last night and backed off when I could no longer see my hands :handgestures-thumbupright:

9EF0ED40-D1B1-415D-9204-7166B001D3F4.jpeg

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

I went ahead and ordered the ambulance... :auto-ambulance:

:ychain:

But seriously... Careful!!! :scared-eek:

• Haha 2

Pullstart
16 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I went ahead and ordered the ambulance... :auto-ambulance:

:ychain:

But seriously... Careful!!! :scared-eek:

No crap Sylvia, AN AMBULANCE JUST FLEW BY BLAZING THE SIRENS!  I’m in the middle nowhere, USA.  BFE is about 100 miles that way!  

• Haha 3

Pullstart

Unreal what some professional companies get away with.  The two 3” vent boots for the furnace are dry rotted and cracked away from the pipe.  One company charged them $750 to come out, inspect things and caulk the boot to shingle joints.  A week later?  Leaks.  I recommended calling insurance.  Between the insurance adjuster and professional #2, they determined an entire tear off, re-deck and shingle job of that plane needed to be done.  It was called wind damage.  I see worn shingles, sure.  But wind damaged?  Bull.

The boots are 100% my determination of the water source.  I am waiting for a key to get inside and inspect the attic to confirm.  Yes, that’s right.  Nobody has opened the attic yet.

• Sad 3