Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Got my “recycled” lawn trailer tacked up. Will finish it up when it cools off a little. 

D44A46F6-77C7-4416-91E5-7D3785A41843.jpeg

EC6EAE65-D432-4D21-8B1E-19A6E1CDFBEB.jpeg

That looks like Ben Hur’s chariot!!! Love it!!! :clap:

image.jpeg.18cdeb19c257b773df423589a9b97b59.jpeg

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

@19richie66 sweet trailer!  What’s the cargo space of it?  

Today I got a car running better for a friend.  He sent it to me with a miss and a box of parts to complete a fuel injector set swap.  It didn’t take care of the miss however.  He told me the plugs, wires and coil were already replaced.  After scratching my head wondering what it could be if fuel and spark were all delivered well, I decided to check the previous wrench’s work.  I found the front three spark plugs to have funky shaped electrodes.  I don’t know if they were faulty, or if the guy set the gap with a screwdriver, or what.  I replaced all 6 plugs again and it purrs!

Pullstart

Closing the shop overhead doors lately has been a bit troublesome.  I gave ‘em the Ole’ Greasy Pete trick.  All the rollers and track were shot with some Amsoil MP (Metal Protector, lube, sealant, etc.) basically my only aerosol lube shooter in the shop as I normally keep WD40 or some penetrating oil in a spray bottle.  Well @peter lena I’m happy to report the doors close easily now and open better too!  I didn’t realize they were as sticky as they were!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

sjoemie himself
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

D44A46F6-77C7-4416-91E5-7D3785A41843.jpeg

EC6EAE65-D432-4D21-8B1E-19A6E1CDFBEB.jpeg

What is this made out of? Like the styling of it. Reminds me of a Caddillac with the big wings in the back.

• Like 1

peter lena

@Pullstart  good for you , those cables and rollers are what got me into rusty / binding trouble spots , that led me into rustproofing my stuff. as you know , a trouble spot  is only part of the problem, unless it all works  as one . first thing I  think of with  attachment driven anything , thank you for the shout out , go greasy , pete 

• Excellent 1

D_Mac

I love little trailers with big tires. Mine are so wide it will NEVER leave ruts in the yard !!

20210405_165456.jpg

20210405_165423.jpg

• Excellent 3
  • Sad 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Sounds like a productive day, for sure.

In my area of NE USA, rules on transporting firewood across state (and even county) lines are increasingly strict to prevent the spread of harmful insects and other plant-born infestations. Enforcement and fines have increased to where people are paying attention, too.

The State of Maine bans all out of state firewood.

Whatever authority is in charge of enforcement places checkpoints were they question, confiscate, educate.

The Freightliner Guy

Today I pulled out the carb on a modified engine swapped 1985 atc70 and the carb is the dirtiest I’ve ever seen 

19richie66
45 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

What is this made out of? Like the styling of it. Reminds me of a Caddillac with the big wings in the back.

Back half of one of these….. Hesston Front Runner. I picked this back half up from a guy just to make a trailer out of. The Hesston in this picture I recently sold. Had to thin out my herd. 

E764578F-DFA3-4FDE-BA65-F6BBC20612F7.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3
  • Heart 1

squonk
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Closing the shop overhead doors lately has been a bit troublesome.  I gave ‘em the Ole’ Greasy Pete trick.  All the rollers and track were shot with some Amsoil MP (Metal Protector, lube, sealant, etc.) basically my only aerosol lube shooter in the shop as I normally keep WD40 or some penetrating oil in a spray bottle.  Well @peter lena I’m happy to report the doors close easily now and open better too!  I didn’t realize they were as sticky as they were!

At the hospital we had this cantankerous roll up over head door at the trash dock like this:

Model 3000 - Rolling Steel Commercial Garage Door Heavy Duty (Roll Up)

No motor just a chain. Big mohambie!! One day the boss asks me and another guy named Terry to go up to the dock and lube up everything on it. We went after lunch with a 16ft step ladder and went to town. We just get finished and here comes Tess. Tess worked in the kitchen, was in the Navy about 65 yrs. old and cussed like a sailor.:) She had a cart load of trash. Before we had a chance to say any thing she grabs that chain and gives it a big yank. The bottom of that door shot up and went all the way up with that chain just a hummin! Scared the crap out of her and she started screamin and swearin! Terry had to pick me up off the floor I was laughing so hard! :hilarious:

• Haha 6

sjoemie himself
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Had to thin out my herd. 

E764578F-DFA3-4FDE-BA65-F6BBC20612F7.jpeg

Ah yes I remember you sold that sometime ago. Would love to own one of these personally. 

Great repurpose build on the cart.

• Heart 1

8ntruck

Got the pressure washer out for the first time this year to wash the travel travel.  Surprisingly, it started up on the second pull.  Didn't stay running very long though.  Once it got warmed up, it was running ok.  I'm thinking a carb replacement might be in order.  Pulled the trigger to turn on the high pressure flow and there was a back flow of water just before the nozzle assembly shot about 20 feet across the lawn.  Trip to the hardware store got me enough parts to get going again.

I washed the grease off of Clyde's front wheels.  Blew some heavy rust scale off of one of them - the resulting hole in the wheel goes a long way to explain the leak in that tire.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, squonk said:

At the hospital we had this cantankerous roll up over head door at the trash dock like this:

Model 3000 - Rolling Steel Commercial Garage Door Heavy Duty (Roll Up)

No motor just a chain. Big mohambie!! One day the boss asks me and another guy named Terry to go up to the dock and lube up everything on it. We went after lunch with a 16ft step ladder and went to town. We just get finished and here comes Tess. Tess worked in the kitchen, was in the Navy about 65 yrs. old and cussed like a sailor.:) She had a cart load of trash. Before we had a chance to say any thing she grabs that chain and gives it a big yank. The bottom of that door shot up and went all the way up with that chain just a hummin! Scared the crap out of her and she started screamin and swearin! Terry had to pick me up off the floor I was laughing so hard! :hilarious:

Good woman, that Tess. 

Ya learn neat stuff from folks like that.  

• Haha 1

squonk
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Good woman, that Tess. 

Ya learn neat stuff from folks like that.  

She was a riot! I was redoing one of the walk in coolers so I had the door open. Her job was delivering food carts to the floors so as they were at the end of the tray line closest to the cooler. The young guys in the kitchen used to hit on her all the time. She's talking to this big kid and I hear her say, "I can't go out with you. I'm too old to have a baby!" I about fell off the ladder! :hilarious:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Handy Don
12 hours ago, squonk said:

I about fell off the ladder! 

Someone that good with comebacks is always fun to watch. Just don't get in the firing line!

Edited by Handy Don
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
11 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Someone that good with comebacks is always fun to watch. Just don't get in the firing line!

I've been well known to jump headlong IN to that type of firing line because the replies can be VERY entertaining.  

:lol:

• Haha 1

Stormin

Measured up for more fence replacing. Then cut down a hawthorn bush and dug out the root. Strimmed and mowed the lawn. Then

Decided to see if the mower deck off the C-125 would fit the C-121 (The Black Horse) Of course it did but a slight problem raised its head. 

I'll post why in Wheel Horse Tractors later. What have you done to... 

Dinner is served. 

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 4

Oldskool

I picked up a PowerKing not long ago.

It has the nastiest hodgepodge of crap for exhaust.

Today that had to change. The rusty flex pipe and twisted metal is no more.

I didn't have a muffler on hand and didn't have time to build one this go-round so I just straight piped it with a rain cap.

20220918_140409.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
38 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

so I just straight piped it with a rain cap

How's the voluminous volumes of exhaust notes? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oldskool
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

How's the voluminous volumes of exhaust notes? 

Not bad. A bit poppy. Kinda makes your ears ring a bit standing next to it setting the idle.

• Like 1

Handy Don
14 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I've been well known to jump headlong IN to that type of firing line because the replies can be VERY entertaining.  

:lol:

Yeah, I can easily see you doing that. I'll just stand over here and hold your recreational beverage for you...:hide::lol:

Edited by Handy Don
  • Haha 2

Snoopy11

Spent some money today... for whatever reason. :ph34r:

Bought some items from @KrazeyOlDave... :bow-blue:

For the 800 Special:

Customizable Wheel Horse Hood Ornament- 9 different combinations,3 different finishes

For the 800 Special's servant:

Wheel Horse T Shirt - free shipping- CLOSE OUT

I also renewed my supporter status... :banana-dance:

Don

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

KrazeyOlDave
2 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

Spent some money today... for whatever reason. :ph34r:

Bought some items from @KrazeyOlDave... :bow-blue:

For the 800 Special:

Customizable Wheel Horse Hood Ornament- 9 different combinations,3 different finishes

For the 800 Special's servant:

Wheel Horse T Shirt - free shipping- CLOSE OUT

I also renewed my supporter status... :banana-dance:

Don

Thank you brother!!

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Snoopy11
17 minutes ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

Thank you brother!!

Well thank you for offering such sweet products! :banana-dance:

I'll be back in your store!!  :P

EDIT: ...sooner than later... I guess. Just go ahead and put it all in 1 big box... I just bought one of your tumblers too... :laughing-rofl:

Wheel Horse 20oz Tumbler image 1

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Excellent 2

KrazeyOlDave
40 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Well thank you for offering such sweet products! :banana-dance:

I'll be back in your store!!  :P

EDIT: ...sooner than later... I guess. Just go ahead and put it all in 1 big box... I just bought one of your tumblers too... :laughing-rofl:

Wheel Horse 20oz Tumbler image 1

Don

🙏

• Like 2