Pullstart

Quick(?) GT-14 Project

PeacemakerJack

What a cool tractor to have as your first! Ask my Zach about that—he sure likes his tractor.

Sure sounds like it runs good.  I’m amazed that it still has what appears to be the original cigarette lighter.  Keep posting pics on this thread as the young man takes possession and when you see it in action.  I’ll be following along:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

What size tires are on the back of Hot Wheels ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I’ll be following along:popcorn:

Me too...

Pullstart
8 hours ago, D_Mac said:

What size tires are on the back of Hot Wheels ?

‘Bout yay big.  

They are truck tires, I think they’re 235/75/15 maybe?

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I looked through the parts list but do not see a lift cable part number here?  Is there any idea of the length of cable?  I think I’m going to try a solid 3/8” round bar to see if this’ll work for a lift mechanism.

PeacemakerJack

:confusion-confused: I’m totally interested to see if they offered a typical WH cable lift for that particular tractor since they had the lift bar in conjunction with the Cat O for those that chose to go that route.  That three point system on Blackbeard is HEAVY DUTY!  I can’t wait to see what the other responses are from our big time GT-14 guys like @Aldon and @19richie66 to see what they have seen or are aware of.  

All i I know is that if you have to Kevin, I’m sure you’ll be able to fab something...:tools-hammerdrill:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

@PeacemakerJack could you if you have time, post up or send me a video of the lift system on Blackbeard?  I understand it’s challenging to see everything in whole, but it would be nice to see what moves the 3 point, etc.

thanks!

• Like 1

19richie66

No lift cable. 3/4” bar runs from the rockshaft to the back upper lift rockshaft

gt14 manual

1-7441.pdf

independent 3 point lift

?do=download

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

Thanks Richie, now I need to look to see how that works...  I imagine I can figure it out looking some more.  Then to heat up some 3/4” bar stock to make one!

• Sad 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, pullstart said:

I looked through the parts list but do not see a lift cable part number here?  Is there any idea of the length of cable?  I think I’m going to try a solid 3/8” round bar to see if this’ll work for a lift mechanism.

:confusion-confused:         With the similarities between the 953/1054 I wouldn't be too surprised to find that the cable Lowell sells would get the job done for you.

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/cables.html#!/Reproduction-LIft-Cable-2814-for-Wheel-Horse-953-1054/p/84954723/category=23548045

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:         With the similarities between the 953/1054 I wouldn't be too surprised to find that the cable Lowell sells would get the job done for you.

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/cables.html#!/Reproduction-LIft-Cable-2814-for-Wheel-Horse-953-1054/p/84954723/category=23548045

Thought about that too...

• Like 1

fast88pu

This is the set up

003-kopie18.jpg.cf.jpg

• Like 3

pfrederi
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

Thanks Richie, now I need to look to see how that works...  I imagine I can figure it out looking some more.  Then to heat up some 3/4” bar stock to make one!

Well if you can heat and bend 3/4" x 1"

stock with these odd bends i will be impressed..

GT-14 3pt actuator rod...

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

gt14rider

Thay make this hitch for the GT 14 , second hydraulic cylinder used for three point

20200427_191833.jpg

20200427_191528.jpg

20200309_211626.jpg

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
38 minutes ago, fast88pu said:

This is the set up

003-kopie18.jpg.cf.jpg

Wow, that’s the ticket huh?  

Pullstart
30 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Well if you can heat and bend 3/4" x 1"

stock with these odd bends i will be impressed..

GT-14 3pt actuator rod...

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

That’s busier than the illustration Richie shared!  

So could I clarify, these never came with a lift cable... just this?  Was the hitch standard, or an add on?

Pullstart

I found a magneto ignition switch from iSaveTractors and it should be here next week.  That’ll be one of my to-do’s checked off.

19richie66

From what I’ve seen, they never came with a lift cable. The thick bar went from front to back. If you went with the independent 3 point upgrade, it added another cylinder to the rear lower bracket, a second control valve under the left seat pan sheetmetal with a control rod running  to another separate lever next to your left knee. You ran a hydraulic hose from the first valve to the second valve and then plumb in the second cylinder. That attached to the upper lift arm in the back instead of the long 3/4” steel bar. Then you could lift either front or rear by itself. Not sure if the 953 cable would work as the hydraulic pump and motor would probably be in the way whereas the 953/1054 has really nothing in the way of the cable routing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Super-C 4 me

Kevin,

I have a new repro GT14 3 point hitch.

I was planning on using it, but it's just been sitting there.

And its a second setup.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Let me know if your interested.

1148032253_gt3point.jpg.24be70f6d6334daf6b61ead6b7ed400b.jpg

Edited by Super-C 4 me
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

@Super-C 4 me Let me know what you’ll need for it with shipping to 49333 and I will let the boys’ dad know.  They will ultimately decide I suppose.

Thanks!

Edited by pullstart
Tag

Aldon

I have only seen the tractor come with hydraulic lift. I have seen that with two different cylinder set ups. 1) Shared single cylinder. If you wish to put downward pressure on the snow plow, it will also lower the three point in rear. 2) dedicated second cylinder off the rear bracketry. When using a second cylinder, the valve is mounted under the left fender and it allows independent control.

I haven't seen it but I assume the system could be plumbed to add the second cylinder to a single control valve but that is beyond my hydraulic knowledge....

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I crawled under and see there is a longer arm on the right and a shorter double shear on the right.  I imagine I’ll have to build my hitch then decide which amount of throw the plow will need to run correctly.  Any input what the two options were meant for?  This thing sure if beefy!

Aldon

Some info on GT14's you should be aware of. These did have a model of rototiller that was dedicated to the GT14. It had some extra hitch stabalizing brackets and it was driven from a double rather than single pulley off the transmission input. This system looks from pictures to be rock solid. However in practice there is very limited ability to adjust the speed of the tines. And max speed isn's all that fast and It's slower going than the versions that were on the other non D series tractors. That Double pulley can be hard to locate should you decide to go that route. Also, the older deck mule system is increasing difficult to get parts for and made the deck cjhoice limited. So I mount the newer attachamatic system and use modern decks. I did manage to effectively squeeze a C195 60"deck under mine and had it work great. But I have settled on 48 inch deck as the ideal for yard mowing. If larger tracts need mowed, I might go back to 60. Snow Blower was something i never got into for these. Again, they had a dedicated mounting bracket and used an older thrower. These also had a attachment bracket that would allow you to add qty 2 Tombstone weights to the front. They had a Sickle Mower and a very elisive Post Hole digging set up that BAERPATH posted way way way back when,,,,And the Plow is larger than normal. that covers some of the unique info on GT14 that I am aware of. They also had a Front End Loader set up. Turf tires that look stock in the 15" size are not made anymore or at least to my knowledge none have come forth recently. The closest seem to be some narrower tires that are more often seen on the 954's. I went with Turf tires but they are Pricy!!

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1