Pullstart

If you have watched any of my videos...

Pullstart

So... months ago Reid @82Caddy so graciously donated a GoPro to the Pullstart gang, so we can record tractors, mainly go karts, etc.  After a long winter’s nap, it seems we’re out and about more and trying to record stuff.  Yesterday I finally found a universal charger that would fit the GoPro and it’s charged up and I even watched a little tutorial video to see how things work!  I am not saying I know how to do this, nor am I saying I’ll figure out how to do something with the videos once taken, but we’re closer to getting good shots! 

First thing to do... build a tripod / selfie stick.    Ain’t no Corona in the shop, so materials on hand will be the best bet!

56FD2A59-4963-4F19-A54D-F00F99A9FBF7.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine

Niiiice.....

You may want to keep your eyes open for a microphone as well. Some of your videos, the sound is very very quiet.

I'll be looking forward to see what kind of creative stuff the Pullstart family can come up with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jennifer

:popcorn:I will be watching to see how it goes!  It might be what we need..  Someone is always cut out on our adventures because of video/pictures...  Plus we have seen some really good action videos from a go pro!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bottjernat1

Man Im a bit jelly.:o I need to get one of them badly. I am making more and more Youtube videos. Congrats on the go pro! make sure and show us when u do the tri pod!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

Man Im a bit jelly.:o I need to get one of them badly. I am making more and more Youtube videos. Congrats on the go pro! make sure and show us when u do the tri pod!

You’d think I’d have made a video of it, huh?

It ended up being a si-pod... or a quad pod.  Scrap pile stuff... getting prepped for some paint!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

306C24CB-561E-43BA-90DC-3DD47864A948.jpeg.8bc28d3d62931a5b50e870b5b31e06f4.jpeg4270A073-8849-4565-810D-C86A0152B062.jpeg.b79b2f3694236173a0aa1b8964da683d.jpeg

7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You may want to keep your eyes open for a microphone as well. Some of your videos, the sound is very very quiet.

I agree.  I chose to use the “less than 100 mph” case backer.  It’s vented for better sound but isn’t waterproof.  Apparently GoPro has some snazzy sound/wind technology to pick up the good stuff and weed out the bad?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I’d like some input from whoever’s reading too by the way...  it seems if we’re one here this much, internet speed isn’t as much of an issue as it used to be.  

Would you rather see pictures?

Would you rather watch progress and updates?

mix of both here and there?

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I would vote for mix of both

My reasoning is practicality in my own life.

Sometimes I just don't have the time to sit and watch a video even if it's a really short one, for several hours throughout the day.

I can however, steal a glance at a still picture quite often.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

@ebinmaine here you go Buddy, a quick pic for ya:

D41E04DA-6DFA-4FFF-8D19-90B08DBC0EFD.jpeg

• Excellent 4

ebinmaine

Perfect

Tractorhead

It‘s a common issue on the Gopros and compatibles, if they where in dustproof enclosure, you lost some Soundquality.

I tried one of the Spare enclosures and try a rework with minor results.

I use a compatible one, not a original, therefore i drilled a 10mm hole in the Front of the Enclosure,

close to the Microphone and glued from the inside a thin foil over that hole, what normally will be used in Kitchen to keep things fresh.

it improves the Sound a bit, but not as much as i expected.

I think because i spaned the foil too much, it reduces also the bass line.

Higher tones will be passing much better than before.

So i will try to redo that, but with less prespaned Foil, in hope to increase the Bass line more.

several weeks ago i found another cheap enclosure, i bought for „reworking tests“ to improve the Sound.

huh, i Vote for Both, but with a good music surrounded, the Videos ain‘t need sometimes „originalsound“

And for good quality Videos with Sound, i prefer my IPad, or the Cam without enclosure but that wasn‘t senseful for rugged outdoor use.

• Like 1

Stormin

Kevin. Stigian on here, other wise Ian on My Old Machine, uses one of those. Or similar. He can probably give you a few pointers. He's several videos on MoM.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I’ve been playing with the camera.  My SD card is 4 GB and it’s been turning off the video after so long so I need to keep playing with settings, or check the card capacity after a few videos.

The Tuul Crib

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Waiting and watching!!

Stormin

I've been thinking of a video camera for a while. Would have been handy today, when a took the Sears/Roper for a run down the bridleway.

Pullstart
12 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I've been thinking of a video camera for a while. Would have been handy today, when a took the Sears/Roper for a run down the bridleway.

You rebel.

Stormin
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

You rebel.

Ok! I'll give one of the horses a run down tomorrow, if it'll make you happy. :rolleyes:

Maybe try and do a vid if I can manage to drive AND operate my camera.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Daron1965

Popcorn popping, drinks on ice.

Waiting on the entertainment and instructional videos.  :confusion-waiting:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

Would you rather see pictures?

Would you rather watch progress and updates?

mix of both here and there?

YES

We just went to a satellite internet system so now I can watch videos.    :woohoo:   Like Eric said, short videos are fun but long ones, not so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

roadapples

What's a gopro...:confusion-questionmarks:

Pullstart
1 minute ago, roadapples said:

What's a gopro...:confusion-questionmarks:

A camera that has some pretty awesome quality in recording, capturing smooth video and can be used in about any application.  Under water?  There’s a case for that.  Flying 200 mile an hour around Daytona?  There’s a mount for that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tunahead72
4 hours ago, Stormin said:

Ok! I'll give one of the horses a run down tomorrow, if it'll make you happy. :rolleyes:

Maybe try and do a vid if I can manage to drive AND operate my camera.

Yes please! :popcorn:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Mix of both.

Short videos preferred.

Time lapse are a hoot for the complete picture from start to finish...

:twocents-02cents:

• Thanks 1

dells68

Come on Kevin!  You gotta keep posting both!  I love seeing the progress you’re making, but I also like getting to see my friends in action too!  Keep ‘em coming!!!

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Haaa, haaaaaaaa, it works !

i reworked yesterday after finding this Thread my Gopro case as above mentioned.

So firstly i removed the old foil and cleaned the glued area.

than i cut a new sized 2cm by 2,5cm thin foil from a small zip package i had laying arround.

i glued it in with silicone cement, a glue i don‘t know howvit‘s called in English.

that is similar to neutral silicone but dries much quicker and is permanent high flexible - like a rubber band.

D942555F-730E-487F-919D-A7A08DEF7DBE.jpeg.a5649ca56277ec1bc5b5c973a55bb48d.jpeg

At the above pict you can see how i did, left sided is the second case i had still in spare.

I don‘t spread this time the foil, just tip it gently into the Silicone cement and let it dry.

CDB91862-C6F8-4BFE-9CB4-6A12B69319F0.jpeg.b5a011bf8cf65d0cae538f2f69b37fab.jpeg

the bubbles, they will be come up, i elapse with a small tissue, so that the siliconecement later give a small membrane too,

as redundancy in waterprotection.

E28337DB-DA4B-403A-9158-D28D7292C839.jpeg.8ab764b19b07f37c8db09d9086c14735.jpeg

here a closer view, where the drilling before was made.

Than i did a try today, on the rear of the Beast before plow.

Check this out, the Soundquality improves dramatically even in Bass line. - Success!

The clicking noise was a to small gap, so the enclosing touches the Beat while vibrating.

624F7B84-EF1E-4F82-BAD0-48ABD5A5CACE.jpeg

For movement critical videos i built a gimbal, to keep the cam as smooth as possible.

The Grip is similar to a Heckler& Koch 😎

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

624F7B84-EF1E-4F82-BAD0-48ABD5A5CACE.jpeg

For movement critical videos i built a gimbal, to keep the cam as smooth as possible.

The Grip is similar to a Heckler& Koch 😎

I recognize that grip!  We have a couple H&K’s in our collection...

A4CA77CA-FF88-472C-81A9-F2051920E666.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1