Jaydubz83

416-8 Snow Cab

Jaydubz83

Hey Everyone

New to the forum and to wheel horses.  Just picked up a '94 416-8.  Saw a guy local to me that mod'd a 79970 cab to fit his 312H willing to let it go for 175.00.  My question(s) here are:

Is there much difference between the 3 and 4

series (I assume mostly motor size is the main variable)

Looking at the general specifications it seems this was built for the 200 series but with the pictures below, I wonder how big of a headache I'm going to get myself into.  

I appreciate your help and insight.  

Regards

Joe

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/481888615841836/

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, Jaydubz83 said:

Hey Everyone

New to the forum and to wheel horses.  Just picked up a '94 416-8.  Saw a guy local to me that mod'd a 79970 cab to fit his 312H willing to let it go for 175.00.  My question(s) here are:

Is there much difference between the 3 and 4

series (I assume mostly motor size is the main variable)

Looking at the general specifications it seems this was built for the 200 series but with the pictures below, I wonder how big of a headache I'm going to get myself into.  

I appreciate your help and insight.  

Regards

Joe

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/481888615841836/

Run don't walk get that cab it's actually for the 500 or xi series tractors but it's on a 312 it'll fit the 416 no problem I have an older C series can on my 520.

Jaydubz83

Perfect.  Thank You for your insight.  :)

• Like 1

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti:

From another Mainah in South Hiram.

@JCM Jim in N Berwick has a cab on one of his machines.

I'm thinking he's pretty happy with it.

That's a GREAT price!!!

We'd love to see pics of your tractor..

• Like 1

JCM

@Jaydubz83     :text-welcomeconfetti: To       :rs:nice to see another local Mainer on here, good luck with the 400 series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomewave: @Jaydubz83!  Seems Maine is taking over the forum lately, all kinds of fun content from y’all!  We’re glad to have you aboard, and :banana-gotpics:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jaydubz83

Still navigating through this forum.  Was hoping to post pics to my profile but seems it only allows a profile pic which is from the listing that I purchased from on the marketplace.  At any rate here's a few to quench y'alls thirst lol

16 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Run don't walk get that cab it's actually for the 500 or xi series tractors but it's on a 312 it'll fit the 416 no problem I have an older C series can on my 520.

20200316_112156.jpg

20200316_112238.jpg

20200316_112252.jpg

20200316_112314.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

JCM

@Jaydubz83    FYI, when you change from Winter to Summer mode keep an eye on your Hydro pump and fan from the discharge of the rear mower deck, they have a tendency to direct clippings to that area and also the rims and hubs, a shot with an air hose will take care of it. Just noticed you have an 8 speed, still a good idea to keep the rear end and wheels clean with the air compressor.

Edited by JCM
  • Like 1

JCM

Snow cab , one of the best investments you could ever make, I take that back, toilet paper is # 1 right now.

P1012413.JPG

P1012417.JPG

• Haha 2

RJC1965

Love my cab bought it new last yr and paid a lot more then that but it’s hard to find decent used ones in Wisconsin. 

5CFCF7B5-ECFD-4D8B-84D3-0AEA192B4DE6.jpeg

• Excellent 1

JCM

It is nice that Original Cab Co still offers that cab for the WheelHorse tractors as they are hard to come by used.  I think the black looks much nicer than the white roof like mine. Worth every penny.  ENJOY.