JCM

Muscle Cars & Hot rods

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Pullstart said:

One door window is cracked but still works

That won't pass inspection - if needed -  and can get a ticket here. 

IF it's flat glass a new one could likely be custom cut.  

• Confused 1

Pullstart
40 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That won't pass inspection - if needed -  and can get a ticket here. 

IF it's flat glass a new one could likely be custom cut.  

wow!  Nope, nothin, nadda, no inspections here.

• Like 3

Pullstart

Any ideas what this is?  We saw it pulling out of a parking lot ahead of us yesterday.

0963667C-A70B-4A79-91F2-FAE997EEAA44.jpeg

0F8278D5-0C04-43E8-963E-871331E27234.jpeg

7D111A1B-2B4D-4FDD-A667-FEDCC63B35D9.jpeg

BBC99A5C-62DD-4716-B3DC-76BC234BF840.jpeg

BBC754D5-F7FE-4365-8D95-E7A721E882ED.jpeg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Any ideas what this is?

Screen shot. 

Crop it. 

Google "Lense." 

Screenshot_20231119-111544.png.c4001c438098d7db991be93245d014e3.png

1554060457_Screenshot_20231119-1115442.png.6a1b19bde7b70bc9bafa6931302c6b82.png

Late 50s Thunderbird.   

• Like 2

cafoose

image.png.71d0ab02edc57603e67f00d7f0fc2767.png

• Like 4

c-series don

Gosh that makes me feel old when I knew just looking at the pictures!! 

• Haha 3

Achto
21 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Gosh that makes me feel old when I knew just looking at the pictures!! 

Not old, just a coinsurer of vintage vehicles. :thumbs2:  

IMO - That year/model was not one of Ford's better looking cars.

• Like 5

953 nut
12 minutes ago, Achto said:

IMO - That year/model was not one of Ford's better looking cars

:text-yeahthat:           And the T BIRD went downhill from there until 2001.            image.jpeg.ebe7e9ec5097be6770b945d0c4fc03a4.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Achto
9 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

And the T BIRD went downhill from there until 2001

That year range of T-Bird was slightly popularized by Elvira "Mistress of the Dark's" custom 59 T- Bird.

elvira.jpg.4bf7abd37fa9ac84b433d4d7744d546c.jpg

Edited by Achto
  • Like 4

rjg854

The pictures are excellent and thanks for posting them!  That 66 GTO is impressive.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

You’re welcome! It is an amazing show to take in and every year they have different cars because it is invitation only.  You can apply to have your car shown but the management looks through the applications and decides who they will invite.  

I would’ve loved to have spoken with the owner of that ‘66 GTO and got more of the back story on the color.  It really stood out!

Next year they are celebrating the 60th anniversary of the first GTO and so there will be a lineup of GTO’s.  I’m looking forward to it!

• Excellent 4

rjg854

I trust you'll get lots of pictures of that show. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Howie

I would have liked to take in that show again. But do not like all the traffic to get there.

And my legs would not liked all the walking.

• Like 2

oliver2-44
On 11/19/2023 at 7:09 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

IMG_8429.jpeg.05a9b4a5e18a428311dd1d4ecc365496.jpeg

These rare survivors keep on surfacing.  This car has under 200 miles on the clock (one qtr mile at a time!)

IMG_8428.jpeg.3d94f033118b806921ad58e33e917899.jpeg

That to cool. Wharton wasn’t to far from me, might have see this car run back in the day. 

• Thanks 1

CasualObserver

I dug this out of the basement for you hot rod guys who weren't around back in the day.  Jon Bell @bell was quite the builder. Don't know what ever happened to him... he kind of disappeared from the board after he got his rat rod done.  He built many custom and named tractors back in the early days of RedSquare before he started on that Dodge Brothers car.  

Anybody from Indiana/Michigan seen him around?

• Like 3

Pullstart

Got it!  Now, what to do, what to do.  I really want this one to be a restomod.  Classic car, modern drivetrain.  A 1957 Pontiac Star Chief doesn’t seem to be as desirable as a 1957 Chevy.  I could care less on the value or desires of others, it makes me happy.  

I have a 2001 Chevy 2500HD 2wd chassis.  The wheelbase is a bit longer than the ‘57.  Not wanting to affect the design or load capability of the truck frame, I’d need to stretch the wheel wells a bit.  It would be my first auto body project of this kind, but I have practiced on Frank, my wife’s “1073” custom belt guard, hood, etc, making precision welds without warping the sheet metal.  I also have the school bus.  It’s a 2009 Blue Bird Vision with a 6.7L Cummins and an Allison 2000 transmission.  This transmission has no park designation because the bus uses air brakes.  You “park” it in neutral and dump the air to the brakes, locking all wheels.

This might be a while.  Part of the funds to buy this were from selling the backhoe.  The deal on the backhoe was that I wouldn’t touch it until the bathroom was complete.  I need to hang the door I built, and trim the bathroom.  I should also finish the wet bar / coffee bar that was started too, while I’m inside.  

But, it’s home!

217B08C8-32E6-47FD-BBF7-727B3FB2BAF9.jpeg

3D50899A-772C-47BC-B5F0-84AB5360A386.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

953 nut

Presuming this build will be High Wide and Handsome so the tire won't be up inside the wheel well I would suggest a cut and paste job.  Cut the body at the rear door opening and under the chrome strip, slide it back where it needs to go be, spot weld it in place and make a patch to cover the opening. It was easy to do on the computer, shouldn't take you very long once you finish up your other projectsd.

1436325411_19567Pontiac.jpg.78da1c091ed2bdf0dc2e85439172605a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

@953 nut that’ll be what it comes out like for sure!  That’s the plan to cut and paste too!

• Excellent 1

davem1111
On 11/19/2023 at 8:09 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

IMG_8465.jpeg.64a7878d1e99e834ce0bf5172266296c.jpeg

Dad owned a Nova that looked exactly like this back in 1974, unfortunately his only had a 6 cyl engine.

My first car was a used 1970 Nova, in 1976 or 77, also with only the straight six. Probably a good thing I didn't actually own a true muscle car back then or I would have ended up in jail or dead. Or at least in a lot more trouble than I managed to get into.  That paint job looks great - mine had a crusty patina and was what I refer to as "vomit green". :laughing-rolling:

My second car was a 1965 Mustang, also with a straight six. Wish I still had that car.

Looks like you had a great time. I love looking at these beautiful machines. Everything on the road today looks the same.

• Excellent 2

8ntruck
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

@953 nut that’ll be what it comes out like for sure!  That’s the plan to cut and paste too!

You will have to do the same routine with the wheel wells in the trunk as well.  That stretch is going to put the rear axle and stock gas tank in conflict with each other, as well.  Will your drive train swap include a four link rear suspension?  I don't think the leaf springs are going to fit either.  Checking the distance from the back spring mounts to the end of the frame will give you some idea how far you can move the rear axle and still keep the leaf springs.

By any chance does that car have posi traction?  A '57 Poncho axle is supposed to bolt into a '57 Chevy (like mine).  The Poncho axle is stronger than the Chevy.  If you declare that axle surplus, I can give it a good home..... 

• Like 1

'67Craftsman's

Here’s a little eye candy for you guys…we went for the annual Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals on Saturday in Rosemont, IL.  It is a great invitational only show that I have attended with my Dad off and on since its inception. Anyone recognize this “rarity” from north of our USA border?

IMG_8449.jpeg.6c4a06b11206db010098c387970f6eb7.jpeg

Yessir, a 69 Beaumont. Canada's version of a Chevy Chevelle I believe. VERY nice color :handgestures-thumbup::canada:

• Like 1

'67Craftsman's

IMG_8430.jpeg.8fb1e3ecd79699072876320f1027358a.jpeg

For you Mopar fans, these Rapid Transit cars are real gems,  this one was built in 1971 and is mostly original!

That car is VERY iconic amongst Mopar folks, its 1 of 2 versions designed by Chuck Miller. It was in storage for roughly 40 years until about a year ago and sold at Mecum for $2 million to I believe from what I hear "The Brothers Collection". Interesting though the underhood is mostly black, and there is a little bit of green on the right side mirror but the fender tag shows FE5 Rallye Red.

Edited by '67Craftsman's
  • Thanks 1

'67Craftsman's

IMG_8491.jpeg.4d2b6598e6a300bf16a7ac916b930959.jpeg

This 1966 Goat was ordered with a custom color (verified on the body plate and other documentation).  Ironically, my dad spotted it from across the center. He said, “I’ve never seen a ‘66 GTO in that color!” 
I guess we found out why!

Thats a BEAUTIFUL color, I wish more cars came in it!! Do we know what its called? It remind me of Chrysler's FK5 deep burnt orange. (Not my car.21844420_70chargers3.jpg.7cc583789bebcfe4b122749b252c9077.jpg)

Edited by '67Craftsman's
  • Like 1

Pullstart
5 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

You will have to do the same routine with the wheel wells in the trunk as well.  That stretch is going to put the rear axle and stock gas tank in conflict with each other, as well.  Will your drive train swap include a four link rear suspension?  I don't think the leaf springs are going to fit either.  Checking the distance from the back spring mounts to the end of the frame will give you some idea how far you can move the rear axle and still keep the leaf springs.

By any chance does that car have posi traction?  A '57 Poncho axle is supposed to bolt into a '57 Chevy (like mine).  The Poncho axle is stronger than the Chevy.  If you declare that axle surplus, I can give it a good home..... 

The trunk will indeed need some rebuilding.  I am thinking along the lines of new fender tubs and a new floor for sure.  If it wasn’t mentioned, I really think having the axle in the centerline of the trunk will allow for a 5th wheel hitch.  It’ll be a stock 2500HD chassis, so the weight bearing abilities shouldn’t change.  That will also mean leaf springs and bobbing the frame to stay as short as possible.  This will obviously become a mad max style build, but I want it to feel like driving a modern vehicle, not a pile of road signs holding it together.  No offense @SylvanLakeWH :lol:  As for fuel tank, it will likely utilize the truck tank, or I have a large truck center of frame tank if it is needed or will fit.

With that in mind, I’ll probably end up with an entire ‘57 Pontiac frame, drivetrain, etc. available.  Depending on it’s condition, I think a whole chassis might sell better than one without a rear end, so I’m going to try to offer it as a whole.  The 347/ hydromatic runs and drives well, but had a pretty harsh stumble off idle.  I did the ole’ ATF in the fuel tank treatment and for the 100’ or so that I drove it after unloading, it did seem to help.  

I HAVE QUITE A FEW PROJECTS TO FINISH UP OR MOVE ALONG, BOTH INSIDE MY HOME AND IN THE SHOP.  I know that.  I don’t have a timeline set out for this yet.  I might need some new tools to build this well.  I’m thinking a 3D printer and upgrades to the old plasma cutter or a new rig off hand.  Hopefully my YouTube channel will begin to help paying for upgrades in the shop, instead of out of pocket.  It’s creating real revenue now (nothing I could live off of yet!) after all these years of producing videos, and I’m upgrading my recording equipment too.  I have a real tripod, a handful of microphones, a robo-finder for the camera to follow me, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1