JCM

Non-Vintage Trucks

ebinmaine

I have no pic to post but this topic is awesome.

Looking forward to seeing what pops up!!

• Like 3

tom2p
1 hour ago, Stepney said:

I guess old Bluebell belongs here then haha. 300/6 with the 4 speed overdrive transmission. Got my certification slip back from a vin number search, she's one of 12 1985 F150 Custom's built in Regatta blue, with a 4 speed OD, and 3.55 4wd. 

Dont mind the goofy winter mirrors:P

IMG_6839.JPG.338f1e331d3ce3ca98a6ee6454d34045.JPG

wow - very clean / solid 

• Like 3

ZXT
1 hour ago, Stepney said:

I guess old Bluebell belongs here then haha. 300/6 with the 4 speed overdrive transmission. Got my certification slip back from a vin number search, she's one of 12 1985 F150 Custom's built in Regatta blue, with a 4 speed OD, and 3.55 4wd. 

Dont mind the goofy winter mirrors:P

IMG_6839.JPG.338f1e331d3ce3ca98a6ee6454d34045.JPG

That may not be "vintage", but it should classify as a classic. I consider anything 85 on back as such. Definitely never seen another truck that color. Whats that beside the truck?

11 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Here's a few of mine, the pewter extended cab 2000 Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8 5spd I bought used in 2007 and kept for 7 years till I bought the blue 2014 Z71 5.3L 6spd auto then the regular cab short bed 2006 4.3 V6 5spd I bought to just beat around in and save miles on the '14.

IMAG1005.jpg

I've always liked the way the early 2000s Chevy pickups looked. I think somewhere along the way the updated it some and changed the headlights and some other things; didn't like them as much. Definitely two sharp looking trucks there.

2 minutes ago, tom2p said:

those trucks and the car are much too nice for a 'hillbilly' !

WV Hillbilly > Beverly Hills Hillbillies 

76901C39-63D9-48B3-96EA-B2E2BA2E9E80.jpeg

Just because one is a hillbilly doesn't mean that they can't have nice things!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Stepney
3 minutes ago, ZXT said:

That may not be "vintage", but it should classify as a classic. I consider anything 85 on back as such. Definitely never seen another truck that color. Whats that beside the truck?

If you're talking about the silver windshield frame, it's a 1978 Jeep CJ7 with a built up 258/6. Doesn't leave the garage much anymore. Don't even have a photo of it on hand haha. Came from out west and is solid as a rock. 

Edited by Stepney
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ZXT
1 minute ago, Stepney said:

If you're talking about the silver windshield frame, it's a 1978 Jeep CJ7 with a built up 258/6. Doesn't leave the garage much anymore. Don't even have a photo of it on hand haha. Came from out west and is solid as a rock. 

Very nice! I figured it was a jeep. 

• Like 1

ZXT
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Here's a coworker/friend of mine's in progress Jeep... He does have the top but 1 piece at a time.

That Jeepster has had a little bit done to it!

2 hours ago, JAinVA said:

Although I took this picture in 1981 I still have all three units.That was quite a load for a 300 6. The white 350 was the first new truck I bought in over 30 years.

P2007.10.14.008.JPG

What's that on the back of the truck? Economy? Can't read the name on the side, and it looks like it starts with a G but I know it isn't a Gilson.

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 2

JCM

Had a neighbor of mine when I was a kid around 1968 who would take us for a ride to the packey to pick up cigars and beer, he was single and never married, he bought a new jeepster I think it was called a Commando with possibly a 345 engine ?   new every 3 or 4 years. I was 10 so the beer and cigars were for him.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ZXT
1 minute ago, JCM said:

Had a neighbor of mine when I was a kid around 1968 who would take us for a ride to the packey to pick up cigars and beer, he was single and never married, he bought a new jeepster I think it was called a Commando with possibly a 345 engine ?   new every 3 or 4 years. I was 10 so the beer and cigars were for him.

Yep, it would've been a Commando. Probably a 304 engine, though. A 345 was an IH engine, that would've come in a Scout or something of the like.

• Like 1

JAinVA

The rig on the bed of the truck is a saw rig to cut fire wood.That is an Economy 6 horse.The only truck I own that is not a Ford is a 71 Jeepster Commando.I need to get it up and running or at least post a picture of it.

After 71 the Jeepster got AMC engines.Prior to AMC's owning Jeep the Commandos had the odd fire Buick V6's as the top power plant.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ZXT
2 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

The rig on the bed of the truck is a saw rig to cut fire wood.That is an Economy 6 horse.The only truck that is not a Ford is a 71 Jeepster Commando.I need to get it up and running or at least post a picture of it.

Very cool! My dad has a Gilson 6 HP. Definitely good sized engines.

We'd love to see pictures of your Jeepster! Had it long?

JAinVA

I have had the Jeepster for over twenty years.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

Way to go @JCM!  This is a great thread to get rolling as well.  I don’t know how long it will be till I’ll have something to put in here but I certainly will enjoy looking at everyone else’s cool new rides. Some awesome pics already—keep them coming guys...

• Like 3

8ntruck

Stepney -care to give any details on how that 258 I6 is built?  We've got a CJ7 restoration project to start soon.  I've been thinking about what to do with the engine.  Was thinking along the lines of mild cam, header, and intake with the intent of improving low & midrange torque. 

By the way, the plant I recently retired from produced the chrome wheels on your '85 F150.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sparky

I’ve owned a couple GM trucks that have been complete disappointments, but my two Dodge trucks were real good to me. If you read my other post I just brought home my first Toyota truck.

Black Dodge was a 2004 3/4 ton with a HEMI. Lousy on fuel but pulled anything effortlessly. Sold our big camper so I moved into the red 2004 Dodge 1/2 ton. Slightly better fuel economy.

The 2015 GMC was great on fuel (easily got 19 on the highway) but was loaded with issues so it was only in my driveway for 20 months before I unloaded it for the Tundra.

95BE031F-B588-4418-86E6-985B276EBB61.jpeg

17A54F86-2AAC-40A7-A828-DD22326E894B.jpeg

1875EB61-63C8-4192-B5C7-7353CF67E094.jpeg

9EA4FDDA-FB83-431F-8445-C73D77CAE578.jpeg

C7BAE999-9C4E-45EC-8BEC-1C91A8AAC687.jpeg

• Like 6

8ntruck

Herder - I see the holdup on your truck project - It's the Horse in the foreground with the FEL that is distracting you!:ychain:

Looks like it would make a good horse hauler when it is done.

Herder
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

Herder - I see the holdup on your truck project - It's the Horse in the foreground with the FEL that is distracting you!:ychain:

Looks like it would make a good horse hauler when it is done.

You got that right.  I've gotten to the point in life that i tend to find other things to do if the project intails having to climb up on to it, squees my way into it or crawl around underneath it.  Don't get me wrong I like working on pretty much everything.  Wheel Horses are just more fun to work on.  

• Like 1