JT122004

Has this snowblower been modified ?__ C-105

JT122004

I was given this snowblower as a wedding gift for my 1980 C-105, a buddy of mine bought it used from someone who said they used it on a 312-8. I heard the attach-o-matic was from about 1973-2007. When I tried putting it on, it seemed to long. I could not lift it up. Does it look to long to anyone like something was added? Or maybe it is operator error and I am doing something wrong. If it's for another Wheel Horse please let me know. I have no markings for a model number or serial number anywhere. If you can see these pictures let me know your great wisdom, I am new to the Wheel Horse family. 848600962_Snowblower1.JPG.09acaa47a8e926a3a16aa3e267b020b9.JPG1814040644_Snowblower2.JPG.5a9848c7bf523d297dcb2543ce38d322.JPG339357477_Snowblower3.JPG.cefc8c91faeef8075784c0f6053a16f2.JPG

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

That blower should fit.     I can't see from the photo...do you have a front attach-a-matic mount?     I also do not see the "flag: that is required for lift to work properly.

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

Edited by Ed Kennell

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I can’t help you out with the blowers question, as I use a plow on my C-105...but I am sure others will be along to help you out...!

You are in the right place!!!

Also do you have the front attach o matic???

@Ed Kennell was quicker on the draw...!

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

Ed Kennell

On a closer look, that blower appears to have the frame mount kit.   It would not use the attach-a-matic, but would bolt to two holes in your frame rails.

• Like 1

peter lena

looks like you are missing this on the front end of frame , under the forward lower edge of your hood, https://www.ebay.com/p/1847035?iid=263331575697&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=263331575697&targetid=798258774402&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9003310&poi=&campaignid=8086082588&mkgroupid=82257584063&rlsatarget=pla-798258774402&abcId=1139466&merchantid=6296724&gclid=Cj0KCQiAxrbwBRCoARIsABEc9si-WVltRJ_dnBfqCXh-S08YPSH3sKAc6omod8m9EHI1q6JmI2mRp70aAgaiEALw_wcB , this simply bolts on for the last bar on the blower frame to hook up to , that combined with the lift bar and "  plug in metal flag " raises and lowers your blower.. look up blower mounting on this site for full set up , pete

• Like 1

peter lena

here is what you want , pete

• Like 1

wallfish

You seem to be getting mixed messages here and Ed's closer look is correct.. The blower has not been modified.

That blower is a pre 1973, made before the Tach-A-Matic was standard equipment. That blower is designed to attach directly to the frame through the front 2 holes in the frame rails. That's why there's a long 3/8" bolt which can be removed.

A newer style blower which attaches via the tach a matic (like Peter's) has a 5/8" thick bar and that bar is welded to the blower frame.

Your C-105 is post 1973 and came factory with the tach a matic on the front of the frame. The tach a matic is too wide to allow for the blower you have to mount directly to the frame as it was designed.

It appears from the pic, the blower frame rails are straight and not angled up although it's difficult to tell from the pics. Straight rails were designed for use on a Lawn Ranger which is a smaller tractor and lower to the ground, hence the straight frame rails. The same exact blower with bent rails gets the mounting point a little higher up for attaching to the bigger garden tractors.

With all that being said, you can still get that blower to work on that tractor. 

848600962_Snowblower1.JPG.09acaa47a8e926a3a16aa3e267b020b9.JPG.595cab2733971aebdd140ed4ad4f4ac1.JPG

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

You can easily make that fit if you have some 5/8" round bar and a means of making two 5/8" holes in the flat bars. Would have to get you a measurement for hole location. The round bar can be held in the frame with cotter pins.

Here is how the models went. Yours is 1972 and older. Included a couple more years to show the bolted on housing extensions that make the 37" thrower a 42". Following this period the plates have a short return broken at the front of the plate so the wings don't pull you into the snowbank quite as bad.

Snowthrower DNA

All have 2 idler sprockets for the drive chain. Started out as 37" wide and the added wings make them 42" wide.

1966-67 model ST-376

1968 model 6-1211

1969 6-6211 plus 6-9111

1970-72 model 6-6212 plus 6-9112

All without front quick hitch so not a direct fit for 1973 and later tractors. Snowthrower rear frame mounts in the front of the tractor frame using 2 bushings and a long 3/8-16 x 8-1/2" bolt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front quick hitch introduced. Snowthrower rear frame has a 5/8" diameter round bar.

1973-74 model 6-6212 plus 6-9113

1974 model 6-6213 - (First model to include 8-0221 extensions without the front straight return - just a flat plate)

1975 model 6-6214 - (First model to include 8-0221 [103552 replaced by 93-1617 and 93-1617-01] side extensions with the front straight return. First model to have a cable spool on chute rotating crank)

Garry

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

You seem to be getting mixed messages here and Ed's closer look is correct.. The blower has not been modified.

That blower is a pre 1973, made before the Tach-A-Matic was standard equipment. That blower is designed to attach directly to the frame through the front 2 holes in the frame rails. That's why there's a long 3/8" bolt which can be removed.

A newer style blower which attaches via the tach a matic (like Peter's) has a 5/8" thick bar and that bar is welded to the blower frame.

Your C-105 is post 1973 and came factory with the tach a matic on the front of the frame. The tach a matic is too wide to allow for the blower you have to mount directly to the frame as it was designed.

It appears from the pic, the blower frame rails are straight and not angled up although it's difficult to tell from the pics. Straight rails were designed for use on a Lawn Ranger which is a smaller tractor and lower to the ground, hence the straight frame rails. The same exact blower with bent rails gets the mounting point a little higher up for attaching to the bigger garden tractors.

With all that being said, you can still get that blower to work on that tractor. 

848600962_Snowblower1.JPG.09acaa47a8e926a3a16aa3e267b020b9.JPG.595cab2733971aebdd140ed4ad4f4ac1.JPG

John, wouldn't that blower work as is if the attach-a-matic were removed?

wallfish
19 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

John, wouldn't that blower work as is if the attach-a-matic were removed?

Yes it should. The holes in the frame are still there. Do some tractors use the tach a matic to hold the axle pin?

I never had to do that exact set up but as long as it's attached to the front then it's just a matter of getting the lift rod and belt length correct so it works and lifts. Sliding the long bolt through a 3/8 ID x 5/8 OD steel tube to fit tight in the tach a matic will work too but it does set the blower out a little farther. Just using the 3/8 bolt in the tach a matic will leave it loose and it will wobble and probably bend the 3/8 bolt.

• Like 1

JT122004

1143995314_Snowblowerrails.jpg.dc86b8d5bf815bd65e2b9eb544624a92.jpg 
Well thank you all for your help and guidance. The rails are angled up and not straight. Looks like I have a pre 1973 snowblower on my hands. I really like the idea of the Tach-A-Matic, I think I'll sale/trade this one and buy the right one. 

Ed Kennell

Your choice.    There are several options given to easily use this blower on your tractor. 

I especially like John's @wallfish idea of reinforcing the 3/8" bolt with a piece of tubing and using the a-matic.     

IMO, this is the best of the short chute blowers because it has the lever operated height adjustable wheels.  They really make it easy to move the blower around when it is off the tractor.

The later models went to the skid plates that are adjustable, but require some wrenching.

JT122004

Oh I didn't think about that with the wheels. I do recall moving it a few time and those wheels did make it nice for moving. I think I'll have to try that idea out. Thank you all for your time!