WHNJ701

here's the old post 

• Thanks 2

Pullstart

Sooo cool!  Part in away!

ebinmaine

Pretty awesome....

Achto

Awesome looking build so far!! :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:               Love to see fresh red paint!              That will be a very nice machine very soon.          :woohoo:

WHNJ701

spent the afternoon working on getting the front end bolted up.  put the hitch on made up a new lift cable.  didn't realize I have the wrong parking brake, I will need to track one down.  I am really liking the black wheels.  tomorrow or Monday I need to put the new gasket for the fuel tank and get that bolted together. 

20191109_185735.jpg

20191109_185650.jpg

20191109_185614.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

WHNJ701

it lives, well sort of,  it rolls.  put the gas tank together this morning and steering wheel, fitted the hood and drilled 2 holes for the studs for the modified hood (this hood was described in the other post).  bolted up the rest of sheet metal and put rear wheels on.  tomorrow I will install the one of kind decal kit, which is totally awesome.  I need to decide on an engine, I have a k181, a bunch of k91 s, I think i might go with a brand new briggs, I put one in a panzer and I liked it, it is easy for the kids to use.

still alot to do on it 

20191110_192524.jpg

20191110_192620.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Being an 854, I vote for the k181, its what it was  born with. You'll be plenty happy with it 

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

+1 for the K-181!

• Like 1

WHNJ701

up next is the seat for repair, this came from @fast88pu along with the front axle. the seat is going to need a patch panel welded in, maybe I can get it in this weekend between 5 soccer games with the oldest one.  the seat is going to get a square cover anyway so it just needs to be functional.  

I did get  @Vinylguy custom decals on it.  I love the look it changes the whole look. can't wait to get it next to my stock 854.  I picked up a pair of old headlights that I will mount up.  then if can't track a  parking brake down looks like I will just make it instead.  and yes i hand painted the hood letters 1 day before the decals were made available!

20191112_163058.jpg

20191112_163444.jpg

• Excellent 6
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

This thing is really coming together nicely! I like some of the cool custom touches that you have already included in the build.  I’ll be following along as you bring this one to completion...:coffee:

WHNJ701

messed around with the lights just because I got bored, once I can make up my mind on an engine I will finalize the brackets and wiring, until then let there be light.  

tomorrow hopefully finish up the seat pan. it's ugly but it's solid now.  I picked up a nice square cover for it

20191122_201859.jpg

20191122_201922.jpg

20191122_202638.jpg

• Excellent 6

Pullstart

Nice lights!  Are they aftermarket, I’m assuming?

WHNJ701
5 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Nice lights!  Are they aftermarket, I’m assuming?

yeah I saw them on ebay 35 bucks a pair free shipping, they look sharp.  I had a cool old set but I saw these and couldn't beat the price

• Like 2

bds1984

Part in...  that is how my 520H is. I got her as a roller and boxes or parts to accompany the other boxes of parts I had at the time.  She is a mix of 312 front spindles and rims, C165 fender pan, who knows where the foot rests are, and an M18 Kohler from a Cub.  I know there are more parts from other machines, too, but all together she makes a pretty damn good plow tractor!

tom2p
1 hour ago, bds1984 said:

Part in...  that is how my 520H is. I got her as a roller and boxes or parts to accompany the other boxes of parts I had at the time.  She is a mix of 312 front spindles and rims, C165 fender pan, who knows where the foot rests are, and an M18 Kohler from a Cub.  I know there are more parts from other machines, too, but all together she makes a pretty damn good plow tractor!

Wheel Horse enstein!

WHNJ701

the seat is on.  cover is decent too, fits really tight.  almost time to make the final check list.  

need to make a steering wheel cap, parking brake.  replace all the grease fittings,  I am going to add a volt meter instead of the amp gauge.

20191123_175525.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Wahl that there shore izz a right purty hoss pahdnah..

• Thanks 1

WHNJ701

last night I looking at it taking some measurements for engine options.  the "s" word crossed my mind.  I never liked them a garden tractors most look ridiculous and out of place,  ones I purchased before the first thing to go was the "s".  but being this is going to be a sort of custom 1 off tractor  I just might do it and put a chrome "s" on it....

• Like 1

Pullstart

STACK!?!?!?!!!

I VOTE A BIG FAT SHINY YES!

• Haha 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice job on it. Looks sweet.

Glenn

WHNJ701

found an engine yesterday online and got it.  a running k141t for 80 bucks.  was off a snowblower.  I started taking it apart last night.  the crank shaft end I was concerned about.  I should be able to get a pulley on there.  just need a single no attachments are going on this one.  engine is very clean, pulled the head and just a little carbon.  the gas tank is one the nicest I have seen, totally spotless inside, that will go up for sale

20191130_114239.jpg

20191130_162103.jpg

• Like 4

WHNJ701

ordered up a cheap volt meter and stuck it in today, there won't be any charging system on the tractor.  a small battery will just run the the lights and gauge. this way I can watch the battery drain out  

@ebinmaine posted about gauges here is pic for you

20191207_135158.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Looking very nice @jabelman