Nathan

Need help with identification

Nathan

Can anyone help finding year of this tecumseh motor off a 603. I need a carburetor.

IMAG1071.jpg

IMAG1065.jpg

• Like 1

Nathan

IMAG1066.jpg

IMAG1068.jpg

• Like 1

formariz

That engine is a replacement.Look for one for a H60.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Welcome @Nathan!  I recently tossed a Kohler carb on a Tecumseh and it runs pretty good!

• Like 3

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-yeahthat:      Like Kevin said, the engine won't know what name is on the carb. as long as it is about the right size.  :techie-ebay: has lots of new aftermarket carbs at reasonable prices.

• Like 3

bottjernat1

I would recommend a kohler carb. I say this because my daughters which use to be mine suped up workhorse 800. i mounted a 12 hp tecumseh on it years ago and got tired of the tecumseh carb never working right and i mounted a kohler carb and have never had another issue with it running. I did the fix back 1998 she is still going. But like 953 nut said you can find a carb on ebay just look at the reviews first there is alot of cheap crap that has to many flaws. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Vaughan32850
      By Vaughan32850
      New to this forum, Let’s see what other wheelhorse’s are in the UK, I’m in South Wales. 

RJ-58
      Lawn Ranger 
      Commando 8
      C-120
      C-101
      C-160 Auto

• CeeBee
      By CeeBee
      Good shape. Electric Start. Kept in a shed. Need the space now. Includes Manual. Pickup only.

• Ifixoldjunk
      By Ifixoldjunk
      I’ve recently gotten into flux core welding and I’ve been making all sorts of attachments for my 310-8. I was wondering what other crazy things people have made for their tractors.
    • ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      A HUGE thank you to Tony @Docwheelhorse for settin' me up here.

The generosity of some of our members never ceases to amaze me.

This here is another 1974 C160, but with the rare Tecumseh HH/OH160 OHV engine. Made one year only.

It's rough. Very much in need of a full disassembly and restoration.

When it came here it was missing one tie rod and the other was broken off one end.
      Today I popped used tie rods on and Trina used her 867 to drag it from the drive to the shed.

The engine wouldn't move.
      Tin was near chock full of skeletal mouseseses and their house.
      Cleaned that out and the engine spins freely now.

So progress has been made.

It'll be a good long while before we get to this one but I just couldn't turn it down considering the rarity.

• Flat Thunder Channel
      By Flat Thunder Channel
      Anyone have creative ideas / designs for building an economical generator for 520 tractor?  I have always wanted one and contemplated building one a time or two before.  I have only found a few used models over the last 20 years.  Recently saw a new old stock unit on a tractor on Instagram.  It was pretty awesome!