Nathan

603 barn find

kasey54

Looks pretty cool to me! I don't think engine and steering wheel are original, and maybe not the implement lift.

The belt guard is a different color, and I wouldn't be sure if its the right one for the tractor. If the price was right I' take her home.

Does it run?

• Like 1

dells68

Great bones there.  Steering wheel is wrong and the original half moon would be a bear to find.  Also, someone has added the fenders and tool box, as it wouldn’t have came with one.  Wrong engine, but no biggie.  Any pics of the front axle?

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

ZXT

Very neat looking tractor! As has been said, engine isn't original (A 603 would've had a Lauson if I'm not mistaken) and I wouldn't bet on that belt guard being from that tractor originally since it's the wrong color. I'm not nearly as familiar with the older tractors and I know many people will be along in a while to tell you what it is. 

Did you buy it? I definitely would if the price was right.

• Like 1

Digger 66
5 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Yeah ! THAT ^^^

• Like 1

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Nathan :WRS:  looks like it a good worker or putter. Enjoy it.

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:                       Nice find!                 :woohoo:

It has been rumored around here that :wh: ownership can be a bit addictive.  First you start out with a B-81 to mow with, next thing you know you'll have a whole herd of Horses wandering around the yard.

426891936_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.20aa309f029ecd14192120a8e2a9c1eb.jpg

• Excellent 2

rjg854

:text-yeahthat:so true Richard and :WRS: Nathan

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

Great survivor!!

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

• Like 2

peter lena

great find on that  nathan, i think that going  RAT ROD  on that would be the way to go. time and service has already paved the way to retain this model. that paint is just SCREAMING FOR AN OIL RUB DOWN, to secure its patina. very easy, penetrating oil of your choice, on a rag ,and rub down every starved / neglected painted area. stand back and look at how you have saved it. that will get your wheels going as to what you want to do .lots of good ideas here, maybe a  H/F  twin ? have fun with it , make it your own , pete

• Like 1

WHGuy413
8 hours ago, ZXT said:

As has been said, engine isn't original (A 603 would've had a Lauson if I'm not mistaken).

8 hours ago, ZXT said:

Both of mine have tecumseh H60's on them. I have seen most with the h60 on them.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I think it started life as a 603.  That is a nice save.  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1

Nathan

Thank you all so much. She doesn't run the motor is full of mice nests and the the throttle is missing It was actually given to me for free. It was taking up space in trailer. But here's a pic of the front axle. 

IMAG1056.jpg

• Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Check out these pictures from our picture gallery.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

dells68
7 hours ago, Nathan said:

Thank you all so much. She doesn't run the motor is full of mice nests and the the throttle is missing It was actually given to me for free. It was taking up space in trailer. But here's a pic of the front axle. 

IMAG1056.jpg

Awesome!  Best price ever!  Can’t beat free!  That axle tells the tale - it’s a true 603 survivor.   Very nice!!  Congratulations!!!

• Like 2

Guest 88vic

It happened to me too.....1 turned into 16......and I love them all.