LengerichKA88

2019 Big Show

LengerichKA88

Now that the wife seems to be getting into the tractors as well, I’ve found a way to sell the Big Show to her: Family vacation. 

Does anyone know if anythings been set, or do we have a few months before things are concrete? 

Now to figure out how to save tractor money along side vaca money without raising eyebrows 😂

• Like 1

rmaynard

The show is always the weekend following Father's day. Go to wheelhorseclub.com for more info.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
6 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

The show is always the weekend following Father's day. Go to wheelhorseclub.com for more info.

Thanks! They don’t have the flier up yet but I’ll be keeping an eye out for it. 

ebinmaine

:coffee:

I'll be following to see how you do....

:P

LengerichKA88
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

:coffee:

I'll be following to see how you do....

:P

Her response was “I’ve never been to Pennsylvania” so she started looking for what else is around. We’ll be making a day trip to Gettysburg from the sound of things, and maybe touring some wineries if we can (she drinks it, I make it, so we’d both be interested in that). 

We dont live pay check to paycheck, but we don’t have hundreds extra sitting around every two weeks either, so we’ll see what we can do, but I really hope to get out there this coming summer. 

• Excellent 5

Racinbob

You won't regret making the trip. Check with @stevasaurus on a winery we went to with him. It was pretty cool :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
2 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

You won't regret making the trip. Check with @stevasaurus on a winery we went to with him. It was pretty cool :occasion-xmas:

Excellent! Will do

• Like 1

stevasaurus

A lot of us get to the motel that Wednesday afternoon and hit the show grounds Thursday morning.  Thursday is a set up day, but it has become a part of the show itself. The show is Friday and Saturday...done Saturday afternoon.  For Gettysburg, we stayed an extra day and spent Sunday there and then started heading home on Monday.  For you...taking the south route (no tolls) is the way to go.  Should take about 10 hours if you drive it all the way.  The winery is close enough to the show, that you can skip out for a few hours and make the trip to the winery.  Adam's County Winery is our favorite.  Web site:::

https://www.adamscountywinery.com/

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88

@stevasaurus

i was just getting ready to shoot you a message! 😂

its funny that that’s the way things go, because that was my tentative plan 😂

thanks for for the heads up, I think the more we talk about it the more excited she gets, so if we can get the cash lined up we should be there. Only thing I have to worry about now is the size of the trailer I pull

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

stevasaurus

sent a PM

• Excellent 1

stevasaurus

Kyle, it was excellent chatting with you...hope to see you in June.

• Like 1

LengerichKA88
Just now, stevasaurus said:

Kyle, it was excellent chatting with you...hope to see you in June.

Same here! Glad I got inside when I did, little miss is up from her nap and on a rampage 😂

We’re going to sit down tonight and look at some of the things you mentioned, I know that’ll sweeten the pot for the misses. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

dells68

@KyleLengerich, my wife isn’t much into tractors either, but she enjoys the trip.  We usually spend a couple of extra days in Ghettysburg after the show.   We all enjoy it.  You really should go up for the Wed night Italian Village dinner if you can.  I hope we can make it this year again - good food and great company!

• Excellent 2

oliver2-44

I've read (on here) that there that buying the Gettysburg self guided tour available on CD or MP3  is the way to go.  Maybe someone that has done it can chime in.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
36 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

I've read (on here) that there that buying the Gettysburg self guided tour available on CD or MP3  is the way to go.  Maybe someone that has done it can chime in.  

I spent a good hour and a half on the phone with @stevasaurus, and from how he explained it you can pretty much do a self guided tour. I’m sure that the added audio would be phenomenal, and would be cheaper in the long run. That’s another little something I’ll be looking into :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

1)  Bring your Mash Pole sign!

2)  Visit the Gettysburg Visitor's Center  to get good information and the great museum and the  cyclorama!

3)  Take the family to the Blue and Grey Restaurant and Bar downtown Gettysburg.

4)  Bring plenty of rainn gear too!

5)  Be ready for a lot of Wheel Horse fun!

094.JPG

173.JPG

171.JPG

241.JPG

245.JPG

260.JPG

287.JPG

271.JPG

299.JPG

303.JPG

DSCN9352.JPG

256.JPG

312.JPG

333.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

AMC RULES

6. Also, be prepared to sweat your cahonas off too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LengerichKA88

@Lane Ranger now I have a new woodshop project! 

Those are great pictures, can’t wait to get our there this next year! 

@AMC RULES wonder if I fill the tool box with dry ice, and rig a fan if I can keep that from happening 😂😂😂

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:happy-bouncyredfire::happy-bouncyredfire:   Seriously doubt it...

has the tendency to get down right sweltering there mid summer. 

953 nut
13 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

Bring plenty of rain gear too!

And sun screen and a box fan and a set of thermal underwear and be prepared to have a good time regardless of the weather!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

LengerichKA88
8 hours ago, 953 nut said:

And sun screen and a box fan and a set of thermal underwear and be prepared to have a good time regardless of the weather!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

This is sounding like Indiana weather, you wait 15 minutes it’ll change 😂😂

were going to have a good time regardless 

• Thanks 1

rjg854

That's for sure!  It's always a great time at the Big Show :handgestures-thumbsup:

WHX??
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, Racinbob said:

Check with @stevasaurus on a winery we went to with him.

Go figure on the Dino goin to a winery! :lol:

Seriously I did this my rookie year to appease the missus. Lots of things to see and do in the area...Gettysburg...York area... Hershey's...camping....Ed Kennell's man cave.... Three Mile Island...  well maybe not that last one.:lol:

We stayed here https://www.campparadisestream.com/ People thought our little red tractors were the coolest!

20160626_164051.jpg

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 4

19richie66

I had a blast. Definitely do the Italian dinner on Wednesday night. Great time with great people. If you stay at the comfort inn, it's only like 12 miles to the show and a beautiful drive. My wife even had a good time. We went cherry picking at the nursery right around the corner from the show. Definitely a good time. Would love to be there in 2019 but think that may not happen. 2020 is hopefully on the calendar!

• Like 4