Blackhood Bill

GT1800 Hydro paint

dells68

I agree with @oldredrider on the engine.  Didn’t all workhorses come with Briggs engines?  Price seems a little out of line too!

Firebug

Good eye, ad did say motor was upgraded to the magnum

Blackhood Bill

Firebug what may I ask are you looking to do with it?

peter lena

noticing in your tear down, that you will be replacing metal , great opportunity to enhance and improve those areas. also great time to add a steering column 2  bolt 3/4" flange bearing on the shaft. it totally eliminates shaft play, I also shim the steering wheel hub ,to shaft with thin shim stock. once you add that flange bearing, the steering wheel play will show itself, two strips of shim stock eliminate that. good going on your rebuild, pete

• Like 1

Firebug

The ad did say it had been upgraded to the magnum motor

Firebug

I don’t have any plans to purchase it, I have 3 in pieces now waiting for tins to come back from paint, plus my loader on my c 81 needs some adjustments. I conceded when my wife said I should probably wait till the others are done and maybe move some down the road. I just happened to be searching the web and stumbled across it. As far as I can’t tell it’s still for sale, looks to be in Lebanon pa

Blackhood Bill

Ok just wondering. I'm getting to be the same way. I have two gt's, a wagon, plow, disc, & tiller. All projects. I'm working on the Gt1800 first. 

dells68
22 minutes ago, Whnewone said:

Ok just wondering. I'm getting to be the same way. I have two gt's, a wagon, plow, disc, & tiller. All projects. I'm working on the Gt1800 first. 

Come on now, you guys are just getting started!  Emory and I are up to 19, 17 running.  I just saw a nice roller about 3 hours away that I would love to have.  A sickness I’m telling you, a sickness!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Firebug

I agree it’s a sickness, and I think my wife is catching it too 👍👍.  My issue is a place to keep them. I have 3 in the barn (shed) one I have to keep under a tarp behind it and I’m not sure where I’ll put the 314 when it comes back. Really don’t want to keep it outside. My wife is on board with buying them all but doesn’t want them scattered around the yard under tarps. I think she wants a garage for her car before one for the tractors. How dare her feel that way!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Blackhood Bill

Dells your correct, but I'm new to all this and I need to build on to my little barn to work and store them. Gotta make a place put them :wh: and not leavem outdoors. Besides to save work you have to have one for each attachment you have, lotta work changing them out. So to save time and work you gotta have several :wh: to work with. I'm just getting started. The mrs. Will feel better about me doing this when I get one completed. That's just my :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

Blackhood Bill

:text-yeahthat: good post Firebug. Mines the same way. 

• Like 1

Pullstart
21 hours ago, Firebug said:

I agree it’s a sickness, and I think my wife is catching it too 👍👍.  My issue is a place to keep them. I have 3 in the barn (shed) one I have to keep under a tarp behind it and I’m not sure where I’ll put the 314 when it comes back. Really don’t want to keep it outside. My wife is on board with buying them all but doesn’t want them scattered around the yard under tarps. I think she wants a garage for her car before one for the tractors. How dare her feel that way!!

How much room do you have to build a barn?  😁

Blackhood Bill

Well probably big enough, I could have a shop, paint area, then storage for probably oh I don't know maybe 50 or so 🏇

• Like 1

dells68
1 hour ago, Whnewone said:

Well probably big enough, I could have a shop, paint area, then storage for probably oh I don't know maybe 50 or so 🏇

Wow!  I’d love to have a building large enough for 50 horses!  Right now we have ours stored in 3 buildings and in my garage!  But if I did, I’d probably have north of 70 horses as I just can’t stop and would have more than I have space, just like now!😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

Firebug

The more room you have the more stuff you put in it

dells68
50 minutes ago, Firebug said:

The more room you have the more stuff you put in it

That’s what I told my wife when she said we need a bigger house.  We’d just fill it up with more junk!

• Haha 1

Firebug

It never ends

• Haha 1

Blackhood Bill

Well day two brings me down to tower removed, hydraulics disconnected. Up on jack stands now & ready to take wheels off.

IMG_20181214_151404433.jpg

IMG_20181214_151351632.jpg

• Like 2

Pullstart

I really need o get those Briggs parts in the mail!  👍

Blackhood Bill

Plenty of time. Besides you have kids to take care and :wh: that need you. We'll make it happen. Blade will still be here no worries. In the event you change your mind at some point just let me know. I will stand behind what I agreed upon.

• Excellent 1

Blackhood Bill

Day 3 & 4 ready for cleaning and then sand, clean, prep, & paint

IMG_20181220_113937920.jpg

IMG_20181220_113922911.jpg

• Like 2

Desko

Any update on this?

Blackhood Bill

@Desko Unfortunately not it's to cold here to do anything. I hope to be back on it as soon as the weather breaks. 

Edited by Blackhood Bill