I have seen some threads talking about a black paint option for the GT-1800. Does anybody have a really good picture they could share with me?

I restored one but not sure about a "black paint" option.  there were 3 years of the Grey Workhorse.  the first year had a slightly darker, more metallic shade of Dove Grey, the final 2 years were a lighter Dove Grey.  close match with a Ford Grey around that time frame.  I used PPG Shopline single stage.  came out perfect

Somebody on here redid a GT and painted it darker charcoal metalic and looked dang good. You can probably find it with a little looking, I just don't remember who it was. 

Randy

I restored mine to the correct color which is Lincoln light pewter. My work Horse is a 1984 

F3C6903D-26DE-4E61-811F-9EC9AD08B6F9.jpeg

• Excellent 5
  • Thanks 2

Don,

That's one sweet looking paint job.   Kudos!

Cheers!

Dave

I have a confession to make, my brother is an auto body man so I have a very good coach. He definitely taught me the importance of proper prep work. 

• Like 2

Don looooooove that horse. I will probably pm you later since yours looks so oooooh maaaaan whaaaaaat a horse. I going to need a new carb, breather, PTO and belt drive pulley from what I can see right off the bat

If anybody happens to know about the black paint option I sure love to see a picture

On 11/5/2018 at 8:10 PM, c-series don said:

I restored mine to the correct color which is Lincoln light pewter. My work Horse is a 1984 

F3C6903D-26DE-4E61-811F-9EC9AD08B6F9.jpeg

Do you happen to remember the paint code? I need it for mine thanks! 

I would pm c series Don and if you get it I'd like to know it also