Machineguy

How are you preparing for the changing seasons?

Machineguy

I’d like to hear and possibly see pics of your preparations for seasonal changes. Leaf vacs, snow removal, or fuel systems preparation for the winter. Let’s hear what you do! 

• Like 1

Machineguy

:ROTF:I don’t even want to hear about the view from there or the smells!!! :confusion-helpsos:

Edited by Machineguy
  • Haha 6

Machineguy

@953 nut

That’s awesome! Is the front mounted blower a squirrel cage Hvac unit? 

Id thought about doing something very similar. Please share pics pics pics or even batter a video!

Thanks!

JAinVA

Blower tractor is ready.Leaf harvest 2018 is about to start.Been moving fire wood last two weeks.589bb0d5b3d95_blower1.JPG.2bd81de0b711dc31914ff57267e05a14.JPG2015.11.13.1402.thumb.JPG.a0050e5acd706d1efee9025f0dc44b3d.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Machineguy

@AMC RULES

That’s some heavy duty prep work there! Tough looking Pete there too! Probably a C15 Cat hiding under that hood too! Thanks for sharing!

Machineguy
3 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

Blower tractor is ready.Leaf harvest 2018 is about to start.Been moving fire wood last two weeks.589bb0d5b3d95_blower1.JPG.2bd81de0b711dc31914ff57267e05a14.JPG2015.11.13.1402.thumb.JPG.a0050e5acd706d1efee9025f0dc44b3d.JPG

Sweet! That’s a great leaf setup! 

AMC RULES

My two favorite Petes (twins) that I see deliver through out the snow season. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

JAinVA

I hope that is sand and salt.The calcium chloride used in the north east is a diaster for metal.

Machineguy

@JAinVA

I like the guide wheels on the blower too!

JAinVA

0601131822a.thumb.jpg.39ce39e69bbc1b5bebb35925ddeb263f.jpgThe wheels are not my idea but they work great for gravel drives.The leaf vac has been modified to shred leaves at pick up.It packs 8 to 10 times the volume and we use the mulch as ground cover in the garden.Thus leaf harvest.We use it all!

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Machineguy
6 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

My two favorite Petes (twins) that I see deliver through out the snow season. 

I recently did a custom in frame counterbore job for a customer on a 1,000hp C15 in a 379 Pete. Awesome trucks!! 

E7E1A99C-66DD-460D-A66C-E208890E764C.jpeg

AE29CEC7-BDDD-40C4-A8A1-C3DBE3791F68.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Machineguy
2 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

The wheels are not my idea but they work great for gravel drives.The leaf vac has been modified to shred leaves at pick up.It packs 8 to 10 times the volume and we use the mulch as ground cover in the garden.Thus leaf harvest.We use it all!

That’s what I’m talking about Jim! Modifications for usage! Good stuff buddy! 

• Like 1

JAinVA

One of the members here had never heard of a sleeve deck like on the JD1010 and didn't know about wet sleeves.Thanks for the pictures.This shows the advantage of the wet sleeve design.No trip to the machine shop for a truly rebuilt engine.

• Like 1

AMC RULES
6 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

I hope that is sand and salt.The calcium chloride used in the north east is a diaster for metal.

We use salt straight from the mine. 

We mix it with a de-icer to lower the salts working temp. 

You can see the process(us mixing) in it's entirety documented here on our suppliers website...start the video at the bottom of his page.  

http://www.djmsupply.com/

Who ever was the first to call this stuff "magic" wasn't B.S.ing...it's amazing to witness this stuff in action. 

• Like 1

JAinVA

Thanks for the link.Anything that replaces calcium chlorides effects is great in my opinion.Beet juice or the product shown has got to be better for automotive brake lines.

• Like 2

Machineguy
18 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

One of the members here had never heard of a sleeve deck like on the JD1010 and didn't know about wet sleeves.Thanks for the pictures.This shows the advantage of the wet sleeve design.No trip to the machine shop for a truly rebuilt engine.

These engines use a compression fit on the liner inserts. Over the road trucks such as this like about .002” projection for the liners for crush in the fire ring. Constant speed engines like marine or genset engines turn steady rpm and don’t have the wear issues of the up and down RPM’s of trucks. Many 3406 conventional in Cam cat engines go a million to a million and a half miles in trucks without deck inserts or out of frame rebuilds. 

Edited by Machineguy

JAinVA

You work on these engines everyday and I am aware of them only tangentualy but again this information was unknown to this member.Your photos help confirm my post.The reason I think we are all here is to learn and help.The photos you posted clearly show the design concept.

• Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

My snow shovel is still on the deck from last year. Start the acorn harvest soon about 3  five  gallon buckets on the ground now. @JAinVA Now if I can just clean up the chairs. They are still where you viewed them from your visit.:ROTF:

• Haha 7

Machineguy
53 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

You work on these engines everyday and I am aware of them only tangentualy but again this information was unknown to this member.Your photos help confirm my post.The reason I think we are all here is to learn and help.The photos you posted clearly show the design concept.

Absolutely! 

I’m here to actively participate in a community of people that like mechanical things! @JAinVA 

I’ll answer any questions I can help you with! 

I’m not here for petty closed minded people myself. This is a social media forum that’s based on interaction between people who share an interest. 

I’m not a Wheel Horse expert but I’m no stranger to mechanical contraptions! I’ve had the best online experience ever here! 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

JAinVA
27 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

My snow shovel is still on the deck from last year. Start the acorn harvest soon about 3  five  gallon buckets on the ground now. @JAinVA Now if I can just clean up the chairs. They are still where you viewed them from your visit.:ROTF:

27 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Jim.Messed up the post,Later!

Edited by JAinVA
Trying to get it to flow across the screen better.
  • Like 1

JAinVA
Just now, JAinVA said:

Jim think we live in 2 different states.You seem to have more problems with squirrels and acorns.I have more problems with leaves and snow.LOL

• Haha 1

ebinmaine

@AMC RULES

Love those Pete's man

Bob.... More about our lack of prep work later...

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2