S.J.

Mower Deck Compatibility

S.J.

Hello! I have a 1975 C-100 lawn tractor, and it's in pretty decent shape. Only problem is the mower deck is shot. I've been browsing for used decks, but I'm not seeing any of the original part number, s-0622. So I'm wondering, what other decks would be compatible with this model? 

Thanks! 

daveoman1966

The correct deck model # is 5-0622.  That translates to a 36" wide deck.  You can use most any deck that has the 'Tach-o-Matic' attachment feature...but the 10hp engine of the C-100 will limit you to a 36 or 42" width.  The Tach-o-Matic system started in 1973 and still in use to the last production year of the decks....2007 (?). 

Although a 48" deck would mount, I doubt that the 10hp engine would serve it well. Anyway, here are a few pics of 42" decks that will work. One is side discharge and the 2nd is rear discharge. 

ps... Where are you in PA.  I can give you a 36" deck shell if you want to come and get it.  It is rusted out some, but may suit for a couple years yet. I am 80m north of Pittsburgh.  

42SD 1 (4).jpg

42 rear.jpg

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

Dave is right on with the deck size, I have used a 42" rear discharge for years and love it. The list below will show you what decks etc. are compatible to your :wh:

• Like 2

S.J.
33 minutes ago, daveoman1966 said:

The correct deck model # is 5-0622.  That translates to a 36" wide deck.  You can use most any deck that has the 'Tach-o-Matic' attachment feature...but the 10hp engine of the C-100 will limit you to a 36 or 42" width.  The Tach-o-Matic system started in 1973 and still in use to the last production year of the decks....2007 (?). 

Although a 48" deck would mount, I doubt that the 10hp engine would serve it well. Anyway, here are a few pics of 42" decks that will work. One is side discharge and the 2nd is rear discharge. 

ps... Where are you in PA.  I can give you a 36" deck shell if you want to come and get it.  It is rusted out some, but may suit for a couple years yet. I am 80m north of Pittsburgh.  

42SD 1 (4).jpg

42 rear.jpg

I'm about 40 miles south. Sounds like a good road trip. What are you asking for it? 

S.J.
13 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:

Dave is right on with the deck size, I have used a 42" rear discharge for years and love it. The list below will show you what decks etc. are compatible to your :wh:

That looks incredibly useful! Thanks! 

• Thanks 1