Pullstart

Shop project...

SylvanLakeWH
6 minutes ago, pullstart said:

The lady takin’ orders had a WH visor on.  We can assume she loves red tractors.

No way...!!!

What are the odds of the @pullstart CEO stopping for waffles and running into a WH nut?

• Haha 4

953 nut
17 minutes ago, pullstart said:

The lady takin’ orders had a WH visor on.  We can assume she loves red tractors.

Here we go again, @pullstart is on the road with an empty truck bed and encounters a :wh: owner. This could be the makings of another legendary horse rustling across multiple state lines.   :ph34r:   Standby for hot news updates!            :wwp:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

No way...!!!

What are the odds of the @pullstart CEO stopping for waffles and running into a WH nut?

I hate to get all Captain Obvious on you here but it's apparently right around 100% or one to one

• Haha 4

SylvanLakeWH
38 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I hate to get all Captain Obvious on you here but it's apparently right around 100% or one to one

And let me guess... she had a NOS Senior Lever Steer in the back that was collecting dust and in the way and could @pullstart get it out of there for her? I’ll give you a free breakfast if you just make it go away...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 4

ZXT

Are RV's scarce enough that people are paying to have them delivered across the country?

Good to see that Norman is doing good now that it has some Texas under the hood :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Achto
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I like waffles

I like to hit up Waffle House just for the hash browns :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

I like hash browns too

• Haha 1

lynnmor
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

Unloaded on the way home, I’ve gotten between 16.5 mpg and 19.9 mpg, running near 80 mph the whole way!  From Georgia to South Kentucky through the south end of the Appalachian mountains was where I achieved the best mileage!  It must have a good load on the turbo to keep boost right in the sweet spot?

Maybe you had the Michigan winter fuel flushed out by then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

gotten between 16.5 mpg and 19.9 mpg

That's with no camper right? If that's with a camper that's really good. Cummings drops to 14 as soon as you stuff a plug into the 7 pin. 24 with no camper.... 28 if Cindy's driving! 

2 hours ago, pullstart said:

The lady takin’ orders had a WH visor on.

What and no pic?!?!?!?:lol:

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 3

Pullstart
5 hours ago, ZXT said:

Are RV's scarce enough that people are paying to have them delivered across the country?

Good to see that Norman is doing good now that it has some Texas under the hood :lol:

Renting an RV is in high enough demand that it can be profitable to rent it out... 6 days per month breaks even.  Florida camping season is all winter, whereas we don’t camp until May or so.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

All I have to type is WH and y’all are all going crazy!  Waffle House.  WH.  Get your head outta the shed for a second!  :ROTF:

• Haha 5

Pullstart

1316 miles from Okeechobee to a town away’s last fill up.  We’re home and averaged 17.1499 mpg at an average of 81-ish as often as possible.  I’m proud of Old Norman!

• Excellent 3

Zeek
On 12/10/2020 at 6:18 AM, pullstart said:

@Mikey the Monkey We are renting our camper out in hopes of generating enough revenue to help get a toy hauler!  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:  there are campgrounds everywhere down here!  Cows too :handgestures-thumbupright:

@pullstartUntil I settled here I had no idea that huge portion of central Florida is devoted to cattle production. I live in that area. Here is a link  to some cool videos about what it's like here off the coast and away from the tourist areas. I live about three miles from the Withlacoochee River just outside of Hernando County. The airboat trails up in Citrus County in one of the videos I"ve done multiple times when people come to visit. Very fun.

Edited by Zeek
  • Excellent 2

rmaynard
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I live about three miles from the Withlacoochee River just outside of Hernando County.

And having been to the @Zeek ranch, I would move there in a heartbeat if I didn't have to leave my grandchildren behind. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Seeing the properties along highway 441(?) sure made me want to hop out and take a hike... but the thoughts of a big ‘ole snake bite kept me truckin’ :ROTF:  Beautiful land down there, for sure!  GA too.  The rolling hills and mountains, scenery for miles!

Pullstart
On 12/11/2020 at 8:32 AM, ZXT said:

On 12/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, pullstart said:

Renting an RV is in high enough demand that it can be profitable to rent it out... 6 days per month breaks even.  Florida camping season is all winter, whereas we don’t camp until May or so.

Jonah,

I figured being the cool season in FL we had our odds stacked.  My goal to break even with camper cost is renting 6 days/month.  So far, it’s hit that goal in our first month already!  We still need to rent an additional 14 days to pay for our cost to deliver it, but it feels like that’s an easier goal than I figured.  Even if it doesn’t pay for itself in full, we can’t use it until about May, so it might as well chip away at the payments while we can’t use it!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Lots of folks do that up here with seasonal homes as well. 

Three or four months during the summer they can almost demand whatever they want but during the winter they sit empty so they'll rent them out for next to nothing just to have somebody in the building 

• Like 1

WHX??

You ain't worried about someone trashing the place Kev? 

• Like 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

You ain't worried about someone trashing the place Kev? 

It’s insured.  If all goes to plan... we won’t ever see it again unless we take a camping trip to FL.

• Like 2

WHX??
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

If all goes to plan..

Ahhh the best laid plans of mice & men! 

I see... you plan on leaving it down there then. Must be in an RV park or something? 

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Ahhh the best laid plans of mice & men! 

I see... you plan on leaving it down there then. Must be in an RV park or something? 

It’s in a storage lot on the back of the rev park when not in use.  The customer can get clearance to haul it off site from Tay or I, or the rental company will haul it within 5 miles complimentary and set it up.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
10 minutes ago, pullstart said:

rental company

I suppose they look after it abit, clean between uses & check for damage. Doesn't that eat into profits?

I look after some vacation rental properties and find that some people just got no respect. They'll abuse things cause it ain't their property and figure they have the right cause that's what they are paying for. Can't count the number of time I've looked in on a property and the furnace or AC is running full bore with windows open. I suppose there is some kind of security deposite required? 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Yep, there’s a 1000 dollar deposit, along with added insurance.  Part of the cut I’m sure goes towards that insurance, but they are doing all the work and I’m reaping 1/2 the benefits.

• Like 4

lynnmor
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I look after some vacation rental properties and find that some people just got no respect. They'll abuse things cause it ain't their property and figure they have the right cause that's what they are paying for. Can't count the number of time I've looked in on a property and the furnace or AC is running full bore with windows open.

I have a rental house and experienced the same thing.  The doors and windows are ghetto thermostats, just turn that thing on the wall to maximum cool or heat and adjust openings to suit.  If the house were not next door I would unload it in a minute, not worth the grief, but selling it would bring another set of problems so maybe after I've had enough it will be leveled.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Tractorhead
13 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I have a rental house and experienced the same thing.  The doors and windows are ghetto thermostats, just turn that thing on the wall to maximum cool or heat and adjust openings to suit.  If the house were not next door I would unload it in a minute, not worth the grief, but selling it would bring another set of problems so maybe after I've had enough it will be leveled.

Like my grandpa allway‘s say

- you can only look in front of a person, never into his thoughts.

i like the word „Ghetto thermostats“ 😂

About things like thermostats, i believe it is mostly just a wantful knowledge of how to use a Thermostat.

Maybe a extra charge for fuel or Power can align that problem.

• Like 2