19richie66

Karen’s 1054

19richie66
2 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Yah know Ritchie I would rather have a fight with them hubs. Better chance of things being kosher underneath that way rather when they slide right off. Know what I mean?

Yeah that is one good thing about it. Both keyways are in excellent shape as are the hubs. I think this 20M is going to fit.👍

C658335A-997C-4E6B-B658-C39A673D0361.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 7

WHX??
On 8/13/2018 at 7:40 PM, 19richie66 said:

Sorry Jim but it won’t be up there no time soon. I’m shooting for being back up there for the 2020 show :laughing-rolling:

Awesome Ritchie my next planned show :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
52 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Awesome Ritchie my next planned show :handgestures-thumbupright:

Now I have to find someone else to pick on and lie about .:ROTF:@squonk  made me type that.

• Haha 5

squonk
8 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Now I have to find someone else to pick on and lie about .:ROTF:@squonk  made me type that.

Jim! I was worried about you! I hadn't seen where you picked on me for a while. I figured you were still hanging to your roof trusses by your suspenders from the "Caines" :)

• Haha 2

Pullstart

Good to see some updates :handgestures-thumbupright:  How’s the house coming along, and has anyone surveyed your land from the hurricane?

19richie66

@pullstart The land in NC? Its high and dry and has been. I figure with 23” of rain through that region, that’s a good thing.👍 The house is slowly progressing. Been raining less and once it atarts getting below the 90’s it will get more. Tractor is as I get free time. 👍

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

Richie—good to see that M20 sitting in the frame...that is gonna be one beastly machine when done.  I’m enjoying the journey on this one, even if slow with all the other things on your plate including the summer heat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

I figure she won’t be mowing anything so I won’t need a PTO for that tractor. The crank is 1-7/16 so getting a clutch to fit would be almost impossible. So it will be abke to tow a trailer, drag a plow, etc. should be a fun one when done. Talking to my son about an aluminum sheetmetal engine shroud, air cleaner and of course the fuel tank. We’ll see.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

What a great use of several handy pieces of equipment—great example of working smarter, not harder!

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

Looking good.

• Like 1

dells68

Hey @19richie66, get moved on up to NC and I’ll bring my 953 down for a conversion!  Looking really good!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Thanks Dell..... let’s see how this turns out first 😁 so far not bad. Biggest obstacle was the tube across the fender pan/frame. Have cut most of it out. A little more trimming and some braces and it should come together nicely. 👍

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

Those elephant ear fenders look great with the “car” tires.  Looks from the back like you are building a mini street rod!  :auto-layrubber:

With that big twin in there, we could even classify it that way maybe with a slight bent on the term like “lawn rod”:auto-swerve:

Looks so great to see it coming together piece by piece.  This is gonna be one sweet ride when it is done.  Pretty awesome to see that beastly Eaton 1100 nestled in there.  The Mrs. will love cruising the shows on that and people will be jealous of such a sweet ride no doubt!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Those are the tires that came with it. Dryrotted but hold air for a while. I have some 10” wide shells and cut the centers out of a set of extra gt14 rims. It will get a set of these also. 👍

3636BCC1-39AB-42F5-8AF8-A625C4C9D476.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack

Those are great looking all purpose tire Richie and they look awesome on Skittles too.  I’m really digging that charcoal paint on the hydro and rear end:dance:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LengerichKA88

I’m just coming in onbtheis project, but I’ll be following along to see where it leads. Like what I see so far. 

I agree with @pullstart; there’s just something about a nice tail... end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ztnoo

Looking better everyday, @19richie66 !

You sure have pulled off some interesting modifications on your projects. Seems like you jump off into the deep end right away, but always find a way to make something work that you envision.

That tells me you have a lot of innate mechanical skill and foresight.

An M20 is quite the "putt around" engine for your wife to use......:jaw:

The big thing that helps your prolific modified production projects is your climate. Think about all the things you have been able to accomplish because of where you live. Get north of the Ohio River without lots of garage, shed, or pole barn space, and try "to keep on keepin' on" in "The Winter". You may get a light frost or three or four, and a few chilly damp mornings down there..........but you aren't going to be dealing with snow, sleet, freezing rain, high winds, and sub zero temps. Ever seen -55F chill factors? I have. It isn't pretty. Better find a chair under a palm .....or at least a pine tree down there, and sit down and take that into consideration when you take a break for an iced tea.      🌬️☃️❄️ 🌴🏝️🚜🔧

:thumbs:

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Razorback
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

" I quickly heard what I said and started explaining what I meant to say... now it has become our inside joke."

Speaking of inside jokes:

I am a pretty light-hearted person, and I like to tease my wife. Several years ago, she said to me, "You are the wind beneath my wings!"  Before I really thought about it, I spoke what popped into my head....... "You are the wind between my cheeks!"  :lol:

We still get a kick out of that one, and my awesome wife catches herself almost saying my version when she means the other.... we crack up all the time!

Edited by Razorback
  • Haha 6

19richie66

@ztnoo thanks the the kind words. As far as the engine goes, it is an M20 but it has the 1-7/16” cranshaft on it. Can’t find a wheelhorse clutch to fit so I figured it would be a good candidate for a cruiser. Besides she will be pulling a trailer around the yard and you never know when a stump might need yanked out of the ground. I have a blown M18 off a 418-a that I will use the muffler/shroud and tin off of(as on skittles) so it will be factory parts. Also have the grass screen for the flywheel side. Should look kinda “ came that way” hopefully.

as far as moving north, North Carolina is as far as I am going.👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4

ztnoo

So, what did that engine come off of? What was its function in its previous life?  umm.gif.e290458dbb79de53ce84626a90471aca.gif

Went father back in the thread reviewing.

Isn't hub pulling fun??? :ranting:  I had my fair share of "fun" on my right side GT 14 hub. I battled for about 5 days with it, so I guess my story is light reading compared with your ordeal.

Hubs are one of the worst things to fight, IMO.

• Like 1

19richie66

It ran a centrifugal air compressor but was hardly used. They upgraded the equipment and the head guy was a friend of my dad’s and asked me if I wanted it. Uh......sure do! Runs like a sewing machine, just louder 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1