Lane Ranger

RJ/Suburban and Others -Gas Tank Filler Tube Replacement

oliver2-44

Thanks @formariz working on getting some ordered.

FYI, I did get an email back from  http://www.hitnmiss.com/31.html and there neck is only 5/8" tall so it's to short for any of our wheelhorses,

formariz

This one is exactly like the original one.Its a perfect fit.

It was driving me nuts but finally found it.

dclarke
9 hours ago, formariz said:

@dclarke  @Lane Ranger   @oliver2-44

FOUND IT!

Finally located where I obtained the 1-3/4" tank necks and caps from .

http://starboltenginesupplies.com/

Page 27 Item 560C

CAPS & NECKS FOR FUEL TANKS 560 A Gas, Cap & Neck 1" --------------------------------- 1.00 560 B Gas, Cap & Neck 1 1/4" ----------------------------- 1.00 560 C Gas, Cap & Neck 1 3/4" ----------------------------- 1.00

Thank you Cas!  That part is really hard to find. 

Sarge

Thanks for the link to that company - I see they also sell quite a few odd parts I need. Going to get some oil cups, oilers, fuel necks/caps, sight glasses, and gib keys. Very tough to find that stuff, let alone at the prices they are charging. 

Sarge

formariz
53 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Thanks for the link to that company - I see they also sell quite a few odd parts I need. Going to get some oil cups, oilers, fuel necks/caps, sight glasses, and gib keys. Very tough to find that stuff, let alone at the prices they are charging. 

Sarge

Funny reason as to  what led me to find the parts. I was always fascinated at shows by the vendors of hit-miss engine parts. They have an incredible variety of very interesting items which are never seen anywhere. So one time I was just spending some leisure time online going through their catalogues out of curiosity and bingo, I found the filler necks.

• Like 1

Sarge

I find a lot of things the same way - hunting for one thing and finding stuff that will work for other jobs. No wonder I have so many odd parts around here, doing nothing but collecting dust. Go hunt around through the steam engine parts sites - especially for the larger models and backyard steam engines. Those places have some truly cool parts that can be used for a lot of odd jobs - or fixing issues with our tractors.

Sarge

• Like 1