Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Raposo said:

Put some new rear rims and tires on the 312-8

7D1246B5-EF1D-4062-B1BA-C3A7DD96078E.jpeg

That's a top quality candidate for the Wide Rear Wednesday thread!

• Like 4

19richie66
1 hour ago, cleat said:

I have removed this release mechanism from my 520's (only came on the early ones) because I never use it and they always seem to rattle.

Hey Cleat, Please elaborate on “removed”. I am tired of the rattling myself and thought about removing mine. I’d be interested in how you did yours. I have an idea but I am open to all possibilities 👍

• Like 1

cleat
48 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Hey Cleat, Please elaborate on “removed”. I am tired of the rattling myself and thought about removing mine. I’d be interested in how you did yours. I have an idea but I am open to all possibilities 👍

Here is the early hydro tension parts list with the belt tension release.

Early 520 tension.pdf

And here is the later hydro tension parts list without the belt tension release.

Late 520 tension.pdf

As you can see, the main tension arm #40 and it's spring #37 is the same.

You can basically just remove the release arm parts #46,47,49,42,29,,31,35,17.

I just put washers behind the pulley #43 to space it out from the arm #40 so it does not rub and the belt lines up.

Here is a pic of a machine without the release.

226145605_AsofJan1720152.jpg.287d0bb2398f5b949684f98aef2e8764.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

peter lena

@TJ salyers , detail in that for lubrication , especially check tension and lubrication at  chain gear box drive area , rarely serviced and dry / rusty . also went after all related linkage /  movement areas , like chute rotation rod , once it started running easier , I just went after every moving point .  just my own experience, pete

peter lena

@bigcreek can relate on wanting your horses to go to a like thinking  owner , like my wife often says to me , nobody treats their equipment like you do , they are not people ! but to me they are a well cared for  old friend .  btw , thank you for keeping it in a very well cared for condition , pete 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, cleat said:

As you can see, the main tension arm #40 and it's spring #37 is the same.

You can basically just remove the release arm parts #46,47,49,42,29,,31,35,17.

I just put washers behind the pulley #43 to space it out from the arm #40 so it does not rub and the belt lines up.

Ok. That’s what I was thinking. I have my wife’s 1054 set up without a release arm. I appreciate the info. 224751E1-53BD-4606-A9EC-061044D60D4D.jpeg.b1aedd44369d114a3fd7f8fa605d9337.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1

Jennifer

Husband put the 854 to work after yesterday’s all day rain we had a rut in the driveway and he had to play!  The box scraper we got from @cschannuth. Recovering gravel from the ditch as well!  Made quick work!

07216552-3F33-46BE-9B9B-BA2C4BCA8937.jpeg

195EF8DC-8B19-4CBC-8304-7EB25AC3AD70.jpeg

44D2314E-C887-4C1E-8A92-10F7608E2699.jpeg

DB48296E-BCC1-4BF1-B908-1F3C0499955E.jpeg

C5BFBE67-2E3E-41DD-BDB5-6D81D62C003D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 8

squonk

Yup. that tank looks like it came from a Freddy Krueger movie! 

20211025_123613.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

D_Mac
Just now, squonk said:

Yup. that tank looks like it came from a Freddy Krueger movie! 

20211025_123613.jpg

It has the "wrinkle" finish

• Haha 1

johnnymag3
6 hours ago, Gregor said:

I was looking at the parts breakdown for a 417-A. This shows the wave washer (36) on the end of the cross shaft, (arm assembly). Is this really where it goes on a 417-A?

2049117260_Screenshot2021-10-25at05-56-17httpslookup3torocompartdexpopprintcfmxCallerToroPage-Tractor1985417-A31-17K....png.36cc53fcbfc02765a9ff03da68f72492.png

That's where it is on my 418-A.....where did you find your parts?

thanks, John

WHX??

If I'd know @Jennifer that that scraper had sides on it I would have gotten it from  Craig they sure are handy! 

Ok Dan @Achto now how did you go go about putting that ahead of the hump drain hole in?!?!? Laying on your back with goo running over the drill and down your arm?!?!? :D

Got a few of those tank straps set one aside for you. Coulda swore one was with it. Lose it on the ride over??? 

Those tires must be Hi-runs @Raposo they do run a bit wide! :) They bite like no tomorrow tho 

20180111_170602.jpg

20180115_165333.jpg

That manual for adjusting the VR is here too fellas. @Handy Don @Horse NewbieI'll share what I have on them below. Since I am a early-mid sixties & S/G  freakazoid  and since my electrical skills are a bit better than my heat wrench skills I have lots of stuff on them

20200419_144248.jpg

DELCO-REMY_SERVICE_BULLETIN.pdf Delco_Remy_Generator_Regulators.pdf 1 Checking a Mechanical Voltage Regulator.pdf

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Andy N.
2 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

That's where it is on my 418-A.....where did you find your parts?

thanks, John

Partstree.com and eBay. When I got the tractor, 46, 47, & 48 were completely gone and the arm (49) was stuck below the cut out slot in the tunnel cover plate. The belt had some marks on it, but I already had a new one so I replaced it.

I noticed that the new pulley didn't line up exactly with the PTO and Hydro pulley, so I'll try adding some washers and see how that works.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Moved some machines around, putting some to nap for winter time.

4 into the racks, one down for the chop shop, plus a tote of what could be called a GT-14 came down.

I have room for 3 more to go into racking, but am short on pallets.

EBD1CCA4-C970-484A-8CF1-7FB1A1B9C87E.jpeg

6B0D84CA-3A71-452D-9913-3535612501C2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

Ok Dan @Achto now how did you go go about putting that ahead of the hump drain hole in?!?!? Laying on your back with goo running over the drill and down your arm?!?!? :D

Close.:D

Jacked the front as high as I could, Couldn't fit the drill under it square though.:confusion-confused: Moved it outside jacked it up again and dug a hole under it so that I could get the drill under it. Packed the bit with grease ( to catch any shavings ), drilled the hole. Then packed the tap with grease and tapped the hole. Worked out quite well. :thumbs2:

• Excellent 4

SylvanLakeWH

@Pullstart you tellin' me WHrat WHrecker needs a nap...???!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

Gonna make a sissy outa that tractor... putting' her in a rack like that... :snooty:

• Haha 6

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, Achto said:

Close.:D

Jacked the front as high as I could, Couldn't fit the drill under it square though.:confusion-confused: Moved it outside jacked it up again and dug a hole under it so that I could get the drill under it. Packed the bit with grease ( to catch any shavings ), drilled the hole. Then packed the tap with grease and tapped the hole. Worked out quite well. :thumbs2:

Although @Achto , you did give a very good tutorial of the work done...pics would been nice...or maybe a power point presentation ! :lol:

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH
6 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Although @Achto , you did give a very good tutorial of the work done...pics would been nice...or maybe a power point presentation ! :lol:

May wanna be careful asking for pics from them Wisconsin boys @Achto and @WHX??… a lot more then cheese making’ goin’ on up yonder… and power point? :scared-eek:

• Haha 5
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

May wanna be careful asking for pics from them Wisconsin boys @Achto and @WHX??… a lot more then cheese making’ goin’ on up yonder… 

I gotta second that.  

@Achto Is cutting the threads in that cast iron case any different than reg'ler steel/iron?

I've thought about doing a second drain on a few gearboxes but was afeeer'd I'd busticate the things. 

• Like 3

Achto
39 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

pics would been nice

Too dark out now to get any pictures, I'll try to remember tomorrow.

No chance of a power point, less your talking about the drill bit spinning in the drill.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Achto
16 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Is cutting the threads in that cast iron case any different than reg'ler steel/iron?

It drills like butter. You will not get any curly shavings from the drill bit, only fine dust. Taps just as easy. I only drill for an 1/8" -27 pipe plug, mainly cause I ain't got a 3/8" pipe tap or a hand held drill with a 1/2" chuck.:D 

The 1/8" pipe hole works just fine. I add it to all my :wh:.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1