PeacemakerJack

Vintage Trucks

ebinmaine
11 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

My favorite muffler has been the Covair Turbo muffler.  2 1/2" inlet & exhaust, nice sound, low back pressure.  Not sure if they are still available, though.  Maybe in the aftermarket?

They are absolutely still available.  

MANY of the current mufflers on the market are originally modeled after them to an extent. 

• Like 1

656_tractor

Wow, great thread.  LOVE the c/k 10s guys!

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Now I suppose by definition I could have actually put this into, What Are You Listening To?

I got a camshaft at my house that's going in my truck probably come spring.

The one I have ordered is a Schneider custom and it's just a little bit more aggressive than the one in the video here.  

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

D_Mac

I had a Maverick... back in 79 ! When it was a car and not at all what they are today. I loved my Mav. 302 V8, 4 speed, believe it weighed like 2700 lbs. I had headers, duel point ignition, Hurst Competiton Plus shifter, racing wheels. That little car was fast. Found myself at Spencer Speedway on the weekends for some drag racing. Then drove around all week with my ET times writen on the windshields thinking I was a bada$$.... oh to be 17 yrs old again. Funny ending to the story...  I had this car for like 5 years then I traded my Grabber for a 71 El Camino and some cash .... Now the Maverick is back and its KINDA like a modern day El Camino

Grabber Angle.jpg

Grabber Passenger Side.jpg

Grabber Rear.jpg

Maverick Hurst Shifter.jpg

img012.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 4

JCM

C'mon Spring.    :thumbs:

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JCM said:

C'mon Spring.    :thumbs:

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

Niiiiice.  

I got the differential carrier for my Ole F250 Jimbo.  

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
14 hours ago, JCM said:

C'mon Spring.

Must be REALLY cold up there to get that much condensate out the TP!  

Either that, or "head gasket much" ?

:text-lol:

JCM
3 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Must be REALLY cold up there to get that much condensate out the TP!  

Either that, or "head gasket much" ?

:text-lol:

That was this past fall. Head gaskets are fine. Dual exhaust built to run on leaded fuel. LT9 350 last year for carb, that's why I ordered it. Owned a 1988 chassis cab with a 454 with TBI, no thanks I'll take the carb.

• Excellent 2

JCM

Here she is @Jeff-C175  454 TBI 4.10 locking rear, Chassis cab, 2 wheel drive. Excellent truck except for the TBI.

Chevy 5.jpg

Chevy 3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Jeff-C175

This Beemer will NEVER be 'vintage'!  1:30 AM last night.  Power just came on about 2 hours ago (noon).

Driver climbed out the passenger side and refused treatment.  Cops said he was not drunk.

image.png.0e6b3444fe1ed146271a2ecdf203250a.png

image.png.8fb0767bb9014787ef331e531f64ea96.png

I heard him coming a quarter mile away.  I guess it was because of his 'modified' exhaust system?  Who would do such a thing?  Think he messed with the ECU? Looks like it's running just a tad rich! LOL!

image.png.9c08e28542539c43e1063a56992ad026.png

• Sad 4

EB-80/8inPA
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I heard him coming a quarter mile away.

It looks as if the trail of debris and destruction is darn near that long.

• Haha 1

ohiofarmer

i am still plodding along with the rear end resto on a 3500 Dana 80 cummins 24 valve Dodge. it was originally thought that the axle end would have to be replaced. these replacements are common enough that a specializing company from Columbus cuts the externally threaded hollow axle tube off and jig welds a new one on. There is a bearing hub assembly then a bunch more time a large rear bearing and seal and a smaller one at the threaded end of the shaft. Long story short , I saved the end threads with some good advice from a machinist who got me a two inch fine thread die and spending about three days with a hand file filing the high spots from where the tapered bearings seat on the axle.  Now a bunch more time and money eliminating the cheap crap nyloc locking nut with a superior product that will not allow the bearings to loosen up.

Murder and mayhem happened on the inside of the axle and chasing out the ground up pieces of bearing and the creative machining that it did to the live axle and fixed axe shaft has been like cleaning a muzzle loader on steroids. In short, every oil seal, every bit of oil sludge, every bearing and race, gaskets and fluid will be replaced along with new brake parts and using a needle scaler around any place the rust and crud is hiding.

A little tough for a seventy year old to roll around on the concrete, but still am grateful that I can. When I get done, the utility boxes will be gone or cut down to fit on a full flatbed with stake pockets on the outside. These trucks still have a worth of 15K or so because of what they are and what they will pull with the six speed.

• Like 1

'67Craftsman's

I'm one of the newest members here and I just saw this post. Ok, I'll contribute then. This is my stepdads truck, a 1989 Ram D100 with a 318. He bought it from a co-worker in 1998, and yes it was repanted. The tractors are 1967 Sears Craftsmans, hence my handle on here. This was taken in 2021 getting ready to go to the Zagray Farm show in Connecticut. We're Mopar people over here at our house ......  

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

'67Craftsman's

Although I will admit it is not a truck, that's what I call this. It's my daily driver with 215,000 miles on it, a 1998 Dodge Durango with a 318 still goin' strong. We owned it I believe since 2003 or 3 years after I was born. See, I told ya we're Mopar people over here at our house.....

3434.jpg?1610311339

• Like 3

Jeff-C175
26 minutes ago, '67Craftsman's said:

2003 or 3 years after I was born

I like Mopar also.  Owned a '69 Barracuda fastback about 30 years before you wuz borned!  It was the "S" model with the 340 engine.  Loved that car.  Still curse the drunk in the Olds 98 that pulled out of a side street right in front of me on wet roads.  T-boned him on the driver side at maybe 35 MPH.  F'in 5h1th34d !  He deserved his hospital stay.  I hope he got the DT's while he was in there.  Do I hold grudges?  Only for 50 years or so, LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Thegearhead0324

Not sure if this counts as a classic, but my daily is a 1995 k1500, behind it in the pic is my 1986 Trans Am. They both owe me their life. I have rebuilt both vehicles except the body's. I picked up/trailered the truck from North Carolina January of 2019. I'm in upstate NY so I make sure she's all undercoating yearly and washed regularly. Most recently I replaced/rebuilt my rear end. Went from 10 to 14 bolt, has detroit locker. Its a 350 tbi, rebuilt 4l60e with extras. Procomp 6" lift, rims/tires. Custom bent dual exhaust. Hidden front winch. Alot of work to make it drivable and safe. So when I'm not working on my 1257 horse, I'm catering to the Chevy, or I'm working on the 86 T/A. 

IMG_0152.JPEG

20190914_081138.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 2

OutdoorEnvy

Nice find @PeacemakerJack!  I hope the tranny isn’t done for but either way seems like you’ll have her driving.  The WH sticker would be cool and fitting of the color.  I like this era GM truck as well.  I’m 9 months out from getting to post my 04 Chevy!  

Post an update once you get it sorted out!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
20 minutes ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

Nice find @PeacemakerJack!  I hope the tranny isn’t done for but either way seems like you’ll have her driving.  The WH sticker would be cool and fitting of the color.  I like this era GM truck as well.  I’m 9 months out from getting to post my 04 Chevy!  

Post an update once you get it sorted out!  

Thanks!  Looking forward to seeing pictures of your truck!  If you check back through the 40 plus pages of this thread, I’m sure that more than a few times we’ve seen trucks newer than the “20 year old” range…so, post yours up when you feel like it…before we know it, August will be here anyway (typically when the new models arrive).  I noticed that I am close to you right now.  We are in Edmond, OK on ministry meetings!

I’ll check back in here once I get the tranny sorted out…

• Like 4

OutdoorEnvy
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Thanks!  Looking forward to seeing pictures of your truck!  If you check back through the 40 plus pages of this thread, I’m sure that more than a few times we’ve seen trucks newer than the “20 year old” range…so, post yours up when you feel like it…before we know it, August will be here anyway (typically when the new models arrive).  I noticed that I am close to you right now.  We are in Edmond, OK on ministry meetings!

I’ll check back in here once I get the tranny sorted out…

You are close!  Hope it's going well and thanks for being a man after God's heart! 

I'll use the rest of this year to get some decent truck pics showing the different kinds of fun it has getting to be owned by me :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Awesome truck Josh!!! :handgestures-thumbupright: Bonus that it is the correct color for a truck.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Nice truck Jack... like Dan said very appropriate color for us too!:handgestures-thumbupright:

4 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

my rusted out 1995 K2500) is not that machine any longer

Be careful here you know we call them fish trucks here... @stevasaurus can spill his drink in mine with ease in my '95. Mixes in well with the grumpy old men fish smell... :lol:

20200702_085418.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart 1

PeacemakerJack
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Mixes in well with the grumpy old men fish smell... :lol:

That’s one thing nice with old Warrior—he was in such rough shape that I didn’t need to worry about anything on the inside or out! Scratches, spills, stones, spit up, etc—it’s all happened before!  Kelli told me that I’d better be sure to take care of Clancy or I’ll be in trouble:kbutt:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Clancy

NIIIIICE.  

• Thanks 1