Ed Kennell

2017 Last Walk

ACman

Thanks for the pics Ed , especially these with the snow on the ground. I truly miss getting out in the snow, be it hunting, cutting wood, snowmobiling, even shoveling snow (liked the workout and cold air) . I’ve got my trackchair but in these temps and my poor circulation I just can’t keep warm .

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

I hear ya Jeff.    I wouldn't last long in these temps if I couldn't keep moving.   I'm glad to bring some of the outdoors inside for you to enjoy.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating.   You are an inspiration for all of us...Thank You.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

roadapples

Appreciate the outdoor pictures. 6° here right now. I'd hibernate if I could...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell

Great pictures John and Eric.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Great pictures John and Eric.  Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome Ed.

Credit goes to my honey for being the photographer. 

• Like 4

Digger 66

-5 this AM :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

dells68
1 hour ago, Digger 66 said:

-5 this AM :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ouch! 7 here right now and it's miserable.  Coldest this part of VA has been this time of year since the 70's.

• Like 2

Achto

Cold seems to be the theme right now. We have -11 on the mercury this morning, -28 with the wind chill. Definitely looking forward to some warmer weather. Keep warm every one.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

- 22 here this morning. No wind so it's, you know.. warmer.:ychain:

• Haha 3

Sarge

-19*F this morning when I got up - the GSD didn't stay out any longer than needed to do his biz...he ran right back to the door , lol . Winds aren't too bad today , around 15mph or so and a high of -1*F forecast . - 35* wind chills . I'm staying in...no walks here and not a soul is moving around town either - ghostly quiet even on the State highway .

Sarge

roadapples

Where's that global warming when we need it...

• Haha 1

c-series don

It's a balmy 10 degrees here, maybe I should be in shorts compared to Eric's-22 !  However it's at least 75 degrees in my living room next to the wood stove!! 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

image.jpg.8b2f05c7db6a86e429670ed6744634e0.jpg

thanks for the pics guys! Love the “idea” of a nature walk right now but in practice I like laying here on the couch looking at a couple of vintage truck mags that I got for Christmas and enjoying the heat of the pellet stove.  I live only about 15 miles from @Achto and so the weather is the same here as at his house—COLD:occasion-snowman: The boys are playing with their games. My oldest had “lost” his DS gaming system for about 4 months. I was cleaning through some stuff and found it in the bottom of a box. When I gave it to him and my second son—you’d have thought it was Christmas all over again!!! We are somewhat watching the rose parade.  I have so much to be thankful for in this new year.  God bless you all and 

:text-happynewyear: my :rs:friends

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

roadapples

@PeacemakerJack lets see those mags...

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, roadapples said:

@PeacemakerJack lets see those mags...

:text-yeahthat:

Old trucks? ??

Pics man!

Let's see 'em.

PeacemakerJack

My family has owned a lot of neat vehicles over the years but most of those were sold at some point.  The vehicle that has been owned the longest is my uncle kens 1969 Chev C20. He purchased it as the second owner in 1974 and it was a daily driver for a decade.  I remember riding in it as a young man then in 1984 it was taken out of service...21A70770-E0DF-4E7C-8E99-CC8F1B1A87CC.jpeg.d997fed4b6ddc9bf3ab73639a7d448c9.jpeg

It has the very typical Wisconsin rust on the bedsides, the rockers are nearly gone, as are about half of the floor boards.  Door lowers are a little rough and after sitting for so many years I’m sure that the fuel system, brake system, etc need to be gone over.

48E30BEF-6D44-4F17-88C9-9D23D4CB6630.jpeg.8123bd46e6e66c8162b9a06c9de263a2.jpeg

Ken has agreed to sell it to us for the family discount rather than sell it off to someone else.  Honestly, I could find much better candidates to start a restoration with but none will be able to reproduce the nostalgia of being in my family for 44 years and counting!  

2DED4940-9513-4F65-9445-9D6089E6762A.jpeg.d3da23b90eb06e14992db2c0aae3eb8c.jpeg

As far as C20’s go—it’s pretty plain Jane.  350, 4spd with granny low, 4.11 posi, manual everyrhing except brakes.  It is my desire to get it running and driveable this summer while replacing the rockers and floor pans.  Change the wheels to something that makes the whole “rat rod” persona pop and clearcoat the whole truck in satin to seal it.  Then, in a few years, if we can afford it, begin a full restoration on it. The mags I was looking at have articles on restoring vintage GM pickups...I sure have a lot more ideas than time or money. :confusion-waiting:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

vintage GM pickup

Awesome truck Josh, and an even better story for it !!

• Thanks 1

cleat

The first truck I drove growing up was a 72 Chev.

Looked similar to yours and had the 350 with a 3 on the tree.

Manual steering, no radio.

It was a coppery colour.

In 1979  it was traded in for a new truck.

I think it had around 23.000 miles on it. but the rockers were gone, rust holes through the doors etc.

Rust proofing was not the best back then.

A shame, these really are pretty trucks.

Good luck with yours and have fun with it.

Cleat

• Like 3

roadapples

Mags?  Thought you were talking about wheels...:ROTF:

• Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

@roadapples :laughing-lettersrofl: the way that I worded the sentence, it easily could be taken as laying on the couch looking at truck wheels.  I didn’t insert the word “reading” and it sent an unclear message. I’ll blame it on the cold and that caused me to not think clearly...:techie-error:.

So, to recap—I was laying on the couch reading some vintage truck magazines trying to get some ideas for what to do on ours this upcoming summer when we behind to resurrect  it!  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

this upcoming summer when we behind to resurrect  it!

Ummm.....

Gottta luv that autocorrect

• Like 1
  • Haha 2