PeacemakerJack

"Clyde"--Dad's 953

ebinmaine

Looks fantastic Josh! Well done as always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

Not sure how I missed this thread, but thats great!!  Love what you guys are doing! 

Randy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Thanks for the kind words guys, I’ll pass them along to dad!

I wish I would’ve taken a picture of Clyde when dad brought it up to Uncle Bob’s farm day last weekend.  He had the plow on the front and the furrow plow on the back for display. Then when we went to the field to plow, he removed the blade in just a minute and then went plowing!  That tractor makes a GREAT furrow plow tractor.  The ground at Bobs was tough since it has been so dry here so dad had Zach drive the tractor and he stood on the plow cutting about a 5” furrow.  It was running first gear about half throttle and going at it like no ones business.  The ground clearance and skinny tall implement tires work great.  @Shynon a K301 on this tractor platform is the ticket! When you get yours finished, the machine may end up in semi retirement;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

RandyLittrell

Seems like I asked somebody just how tall the 7.60's are, not sure if it was you.

I know what miller says about the height, but did you put a tape to it, or maybe try them on your GT14?

Sorry to be a pain, but I know I can't be the only one to wonder just how well they might fit on the GT. Looks like the 953 might be a little more forgiving with tire height. 

Thanks! 

Randy

Pullstart

Another great documentary by @PeacemakerJack, thanks for sharing these stories!  Man, that thing plows awesome.  I’m at the dealership getting my second oil change on the truck, thankful for this site to help me pass the time :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

The kids in my church call me “storyman Stertz”.  These threads like this tend to be story heavy by me.  I have a hard time cutting straight to the details and so I’m glad that someone out there enjoys my “documentary” style.  Thanks Kevin.  I know what you mean about being somewhere that you need to pass some time.  This site provides hours of “entertainment” when we need it!:lol:

• Excellent 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

The kids in my church call me “storyman Stertz”.  These threads like this tend to be story heavy by me.  I have a hard time cutting straight to the details and so I’m glad that someone out there enjoys my “documentary” style.  Thanks Kevin.  I know what you mean about being somewhere that you need to pass some time.  This site provides hours of “entertainment” when we need it!:lol:

Ya’ve got my attention storyman, tell away!  I don’t think I’d care if it was a fairytale about a tractor a long long time ago, you’d tell it well i’m sure!

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

I've enjoyed looking at your pics and what a great thing to are doing! I also couldn't miss that green Torino in tha background! I had three of those at one time. Cool!

• Thanks 1

19richie66

One of my favorite threads. 👍

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
On 8/24/2018 at 7:56 PM, RandyLittrell said:

...how tall the 7.60's...

I know what miller says about the height, but did you put a tape to it, or maybe try them on your GT14?

Thanks!

Randy

Randy—I’ll check that out when I get a chance.  I could pull one of the wheels and see how it looks with the GT-14.  Zach would be stoked and then disappointed.  He is a HUGE “AG-bar” (as he calls it) fan!  Any tractor without them, he says, “when are you putting AG-bars on this tractor dad?” Is the question that is soon in coming...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Randy—I’ll check that out when I get a chance.  I could pull one of the wheels and see how it looks with the GT-14.  Zach would be stoked and then disappointed.  He is a HUGE “AG-bar” (as he calls it) fan!  Any tractor without them, he says, “when are you putting AG-bars on this tractor dad?” Is the question that is soon in coming...

Just remember AGs are very directional.. They can get you way out into the mire...but if they can't pull you all the way thru you are in big trouble because you can't back out....

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

Although these are posted elsewhere on the forum, I needed to post them here because this thread is a record of this tractor and special memories with it. It will be much easier to point my kids to it in the upcoming years to read about our history with this cool 953!

Got to do some plowing with Dad’s Clyde. It was the first time that I got some serious distraction free time to plow with this machine.

561D6A6B-0D45-44EB-BDE5-BB0E1C20F757.jpeg.0c9ba19ca6a3df568ec2335740b3c334.jpeg

I’m definitely impressed with it.

3E18CB1F-9F92-4F6E-9675-05C94674CB36.jpeg.03f5ba151ec5aba70446f4831a98101b.jpeg

No problem plowing in second gear with good ground conditions.

CB2110A9-825A-462F-9A46-B14DC86FD280.jpeg.a311b062b55b8d88c685bf92b20cd521.jpeg

I was cutting a 5-7” deep furrow and dad’s land wheel was working great...I just need to get those custom decals from @Vinylguy to complete the look of the plow.

8D77D3D9-1F0C-45E2-B700-34BFC93F1F0D.jpeg.4a18e276e90ca60e267b48a95cb051e2.jpeg

This plow mule is great! Dad was on a missions trip to Sofia, Bulgaria and wasn’t around to plow with me.  I’m hoping it works out for us to plow sometime in the future together with conditions that were this good!

• Excellent 6
  • Heart 1

Vinylguy

I promise to get back to this plow decal project for you soon. We are closing the lake house this week and will be home for the winter. @ebinmaine is first on the list though. 

Unfortunately I lost most of my illustration

Files for the past 3 years to a hard drive crash so I will be starting over on the plow decals.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

PeacemakerJack

Sorry to hear about the loss Terry.  Your skill level is such that I know you will do a great job on the redesign whenever you are able to get to it.  You do such great work that I’m confident your decal is the finishing touch dad’s plow needs visually!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
51 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

your decal is the finishing touch dad’s plow needs visually!

or just a bunch of mud on it! :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 4

Pullstart
On 10/7/2018 at 10:30 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

Although these are posted elsewhere on the forum, I needed to post them here because this thread is a record of this tractor and special memories with it. It will be much easier to point my kids to it in the upcoming years to read about our history with this cool 953!

Got to do some plowing with Dad’s Clyde. It was the first time that I got some serious distraction free time to plow with this machine.

561D6A6B-0D45-44EB-BDE5-BB0E1C20F757.jpeg.0c9ba19ca6a3df568ec2335740b3c334.jpeg

I’m definitely impressed with it.

3E18CB1F-9F92-4F6E-9675-05C94674CB36.jpeg.03f5ba151ec5aba70446f4831a98101b.jpeg

No problem plowing in second gear with good ground conditions.

CB2110A9-825A-462F-9A46-B14DC86FD280.jpeg.a311b062b55b8d88c685bf92b20cd521.jpeg

I was cutting a 5-7” deep furrow and dad’s land wheel was working great...I just need to get those custom decals from @Vinylguy to complete the look of the plow.

8D77D3D9-1F0C-45E2-B700-34BFC93F1F0D.jpeg.4a18e276e90ca60e267b48a95cb051e2.jpeg

This plow mule is great! Dad was on a missions trip to Sofia, Bulgaria and wasn’t around to plow with me.  I’m hoping it works out for us to plow sometime in the future together with conditions that were this good!

How long did it take you Josh to plow that field?  It looks great!

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

I wish I could say that I had done all of that but it was started by my cousin Mike with his “White Knight” Case GT a couple of days earlier.  I made probably 20-25 rounds in the time that I had that evening. So I plowed about 20’ on each side of that field section in around an hour. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Gotcha!  I couldn’t figure out how you managed to accomplish so much!  :ROTF:

• Haha 1

Vinylguy

Had a few issues today and h a ve new supply of brush chrome coming in the morning so should have them in the mail tomorrow. 

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

That's a right handsome rig you got there

• Thanks 2

19richie66

Good looking machine. 👍

• Thanks 2

Pullstart

Awesome work!  The red looked great... the red looks awesome!

• Thanks 1