WHX??

Mystery Bracket Quiz Time

WHX??

So here is a bracket I am making for a project. Gotta be the easiest I have ever made.  Anybody care to guess what it is for?  There is one guy here who knows what it's for so he is excluded from this contest and if he spills the beans no adult beverages for him for the whole '17 tractor show season! :lol:

Contest winner gets the usual famous autographed pic of @squonk looking like a vagrant  at the bus stop.  

By the way this is not an original design, I stole it :ph34r: from the aforementioned member who is in grave danger of having a very dry tractor show season.   Also by the way most of us horse heads have needed this as it is ALWAYs missing, broken, busted or rotted out on a new to me tractor. If there is one it is usually affixed to tractor with baling wire, coat hanger or some other type of PO nonsense. I have been know to go years with out one but this is a special project.

Starts out with these three simple pieces. A short length of 1 or 3/4 inch angle & two rubber isolation mounts. These mounts are pretty common and can be had just about anywhere online. I had a few on the shelf  from bike builds where they are used quite a bit. They are 1/4-20 threads and can be had male/male, female/male, female/female.

20170509_125640[1].jpg

Round the corners of the angle off as much or little as desired. Sharp edges are to be avoided as well as lawsuits for a bad design and avoidance of workman's comps claims. :)

Edited by WHX11
speeling
  • Like 4

WHX??

The iso mounts get cut in about half or whatever length you need. Chuck them up in your cordless and use a sharp utility knife to cut them. A couple of drops of motor oil and they will trim through slicker than cat scat on linoleum. Keep both halves to make another one.

Again be careful with the knife, safety first cause I ain't sending my personal nurse over to poultice you.

20170509_130302[1].jpg

20170509_130635[1].jpg

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode... Watching paint to dry! :lol:

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 5

stevasaurus

It looks to me like you are trying to make your seat more comfortable.  :)

WHX??

Nope...no pic for you Steve ...and I know you really wanted one suitable for framing! :laughing-rolling:

Good guess tho!

• Like 1

Chris G

My guess would be a bracket for fender/ seat pan mount. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Go fish Chris. :lol:

That is a good idea for the use of the iso's cut in half tho.:handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 1

Chris G

Hmmmmmm???? Now ya got me thinking. I will be staying tuned in.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

A comment : " who would want a picture of Squonk " as a prize ?

• Like 4

smoreau

Battery hold down 

• Like 3

WHX??

Well lots of guys would Jimbo.... case the Mrs wants to hang it over the mantle, wall paper the dog house, line the cat box...lots of uses! :huh:

• Like 6

rjg854

Being somewhat a baby in the realm of Wheel Horse, my guess would be the bracket that holds the battery in the battery box. :think:

• Like 1

roadapples
11 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Squonk...:banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

• Like 4

rjg854
9 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I live close enough to him that I certainly don't :naughty:

• Like 3

Achto

Oooo, Oooo, Oooo it's a---- Awe crap that's right no booze for me for the right answer. :doh: All though it looks like some one got the right answer already.:D

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2

WHX??

Oh wow Scott that was really really close have to see what the judges say..... Ding .....we have a winner! Actually rjg was a little closer in  battery hold IN not DOWN  as Scott said but the judges rule battery securing device so Scott's the winner ....BUT since you live closer rjg854 and Michigan is such a beautiful state the judges are giving you the picture. :lol:

@stevasaurus do you want to give him the one you got hanging in your bedroom or should I get him a new one? :ychain:

OH thaat was fun ....stay tuned for pictures of the finnished product. Hats off to @Achto for coming up with this & saving his tractor show circuit this year!

• Like 6

rjg854

Giving me the picture :scared-eek:

What can I do to get out of this :confusion-helpsos:

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

Not to steal your thread but think we need a Jimbo photo at the Big Show. Have all the Jims in one spot. That would be a lot of trouble. 

• Like 4

Chris G

Didn't even think of that.

• Like 1

WHX??

This is on Dan's 1076 and I took this pic to plagurize his wiring & gas line routing but then spied the show battery hold in! I'll get some better pics up when my paint is dry. Will also put up some tips on how to weld new studs on that tray that always seem to be gone.  I had made one out of flat steel like orginal but liked his better and took it off and put it on the 1257.... I told you fellas they are often missing! Trading tip here Dan Take a short piece of 3/8" gas line or tubeing and cut it to slip on the bottom end of the lift lever stop for a nice cushion. 

:handgestures-salute: @Achto

20170401_121517.jpg

• Like 9

smoreau

Nice looking batt holder. Improvment from factory for sure

• Like 2

WHX??

Your just saying that Scott because I gave the prize to 854......Achto says thanks tho!

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 2

thehorse

Pretty sure it replaces the OEM bracket to keep the muffler bearings in place. I just got one myself from Amazon. Coming from China...2-6 year delivery time .

• Like 5

WHX??

Glad I ain't the only one with the twisted sense of humor thehorse!:handgestures-thumbupright:

That's a pretty good idea @elcamino/wheelhorse about getting all us Jimbo's for a group pic ....that might be deadly!:lol:

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 1

Achto
17 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

Trading tip here Dan Take a short piece of 3/8" gas line or tubeing and cut it to slip on the bottom end of the lift lever stop for a nice cushion. 

Great idea Jim. :handgestures-thumbupright: I might have to make that addition.

• Like 1