Listing for a friend, late 70s I believe D200 deck and plow. Been sitting for a while, make reasonable offer, friend also has tons of literature he may part with, if Interested let me know
I have a 1996 520H Wheel Horse for sale. The tractor has just over 800 hours on it. It comes with a 48 inch deck. The deck is a 1995 and has over 1,500 hours on it, as it came brand new with my 312-8 that I sold several years ago. This 520-H has the swept front axle so it can handle a 60 inch deck. I just replaced the battery and the deck belt this summer. The engine is a 20HP Onan and it starts right up but requires the full choke. The transmission is an Eaton 1100-062, hydrostatic. The deck is in rough shape but the spindles appear to be in good working order. The right rear tire has some cracking. The original operator's manual for the 520H is included, as is the original operating and maintenance instructions for the deck, plus the installation instructions for the deck. Also included is a new PTO belt and several miscellaneous deck wheels and rollers. Additional pictures available upon request. Asking $500.
I’m having trouble with getting my deck to raise up and lock and I think it might have to do with the deck being incorrectly set up.
Based on the picture, does my mower deck look incorrectly positioned? That is, should the pivoting support bar be positioned above or below the wheel support pin?
Gentleman, I’m in need of:
Mower deck rod lift part # 6699
(I really just need the rod, not the trunnion or nut)
By Brandon Byers
I know I'm half a year ahead of schedule!
I picked this 1974 D-180 up early last year. It had a pretty hard life, and the previous owner gave his best attempt at keeping it alive. Hydro was strong so I serviced it and put it to work mowing all year. I decided if it would make it through the season then it would get some TLC. By fall it was burning about a quart of oil an hour but it made it. I have no clue how many hours are on it, every hole, bushing, bearing on this tractor is pooched. If you look closely, somebody used two 1" NPT Pipe Flanges to rebuild the mounting points for the upper 3 point cylinder. Hey it works!
I rebuilt the steering gearbox and re-bushed the front axle along with making new spindles.
I had the 482 Kohler bored .20 over (it was .10 over already) and gave it a rebuild with the intention of putting it back to work on snow duty.
I then dawned on me that this tractor will be 50 years old next year - and these old D's are becoming harder and harder to find anymore. So I decided to customize it a bit and go for what a maybe a dealership would offer for a 50th anniversary model if Wheel Horse was still in business today (In another universe, maybe!)
As D's aren't known for their looks - and I can't leave anything alone. I took approximately 2 Inches out of the grille and bezel.
I updated most of the wiring and lights. Gave it a new set of Carlisle Ags along with Vredestein front ribs. It got a new seat and I painted all the accents aluminum.
I patched, rebuilt the 48" deck and put new blades, wheels, and hardware on it. The Blade & 3 point scoop somebody adapted to it also got some attention.
Lastly I stripped it most of the way down and painted it with IH red acrylic urethane enamel.
I always forget to take pictures during my projects but here's a few:
Thanks for reading!!