Pullstart

Picked up a C-101 this morning!

Retired Wrencher

pullstart  Nice find I can not believe how clean the rims are. As you now how they can be, Great find.   Gary    B..

• Like 2

Pullstart

For the most part, it's easy to tell this was cared for very well!  I'm keeping it in the garage in a box, there's no room in the porch next to the 502!  I need to get a gas cap/gauge as this one is busted and it needs a lift cable for my tiller.  If it finds it's way to the garden I might end up swapping the ags from my 502 as well... or at least filling the tires too.

• Like 2

Pullstart

Here’s an oldie but goodie thread from a long while back!

I picked up this black hood C-125 last week.  It has a handful of issues cosmetically and there are some worn parts here and there.  I’ve still got the majority of this C-101.  I think it may be time to rejuvenate my second ever Wheel Horse…. @SylvanLakeWH don’t look!

3CA979D8-9988-41C1-8890-016281EC6072.jpeg

8F7504FE-13A6-47D2-851E-4B0F58F5719E.jpeg

1B9DCB6D-14D9-4E9A-B209-C2A72A90CA75.jpeg

• Sad 1

SylvanLakeWH

I think you should just donate that beautiful Black Hood to me... I'll give it a good home away from cannibals :scared-eek: that want to sacrifice it for an old C-101... :handgestures-thumbupright:

:angry-tappingfoot:

• Haha 2

Handy Don
14 hours ago, Pullstart said:

1B9DCB6D-14D9-4E9A-B209-C2A72A90CA75.jpeg

Whew! A close call with whatever was chasing only managing to get a few bites of fender!

• Haha 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• t_furl43
      By t_furl43
      1979 c-101 nice project tractor just needs a few odds and ends, steering wheel, coil, carburetor bowl, the wiring was redone by previous owner....all 4 tires are good and hold air it goes into all gears no problem, transmission fluid has been changed, 10hp Kohler, message me or call or txt with any questions, it does run and runs well,  it’s been kept inside since I’ve had it, I would also trade for a mid mount grader blade thanks 

92DB561C-FF95-4868-A52B-5725D4D3B9DE.mp4
    • ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      A HUGE thank you to Tony @Docwheelhorse for settin' me up here.

The generosity of some of our members never ceases to amaze me.

This here is another 1974 C160, but with the rare Tecumseh HH/OH160 OHV engine. Made one year only.

It's rough. Very much in need of a full disassembly and restoration.

When it came here it was missing one tie rod and the other was broken off one end.
      Today I popped used tie rods on and Trina used her 867 to drag it from the drive to the shed.

The engine wouldn't move.
      Tin was near chock full of skeletal mouseseses and their house.
      Cleaned that out and the engine spins freely now.

So progress has been made.

It'll be a good long while before we get to this one but I just couldn't turn it down considering the rarity.

• Ralpho711
      By Ralpho711
      I have a 1976 C-120, 8 speed, that has had a bad rear axle key way for about 35 years.The plastic steel we put in to keep things together finally gave up the ghost last year. I tried some welding but that hasn't held up either. My question is will the rear axles from a C-81 8 speed fit in my transmission? According to the parts lists I found on this site, both trans have 1 1/8" axles and 8 pinion diffs, but the axle part numbers are different.  Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm brand new to the site and think its great!
    • Red144runner
      By Red144runner
      I mow 7 lawns on the side 3 are neighbors. One in is a good size and flat. The only pita is a swingset. I like using the tractor on it for several reasons, it does a beautiful job, it needs to be bagged and with I only need to empty twice, my proline 36” I empty 7-8 and it’s a good excuse to run it for 90 minutes. 

• Goldnboy
      By Goldnboy
      For those who have repaired 8 speed transmissions what items are the source of failure? Forks? Cluster gear? Bearing?

Water is obviously enemy #1
      Along with no oil as #2