DennisThornton

"I was NOT going to buy another tractor this year!"

stevasaurus

You can either drill that small hole and pull it out with a screw, or an awl or small blade screw can pry it out.  I believe the seal you want is WH# 6446...crosses to SKF 11124.  :)  You are not going to get 2 seals in there if...now...there is only room for one.  You would have to open the trans and recess the bearing some more.  I think you got real lucky Dennis.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

DennisThornton

I think I entered correctly and if I did Toro lookup shows:
6449 SEAL-OIL

SEAL-OIL 
Toro 6449

$9.71

Steve, I think I got lucky and then luckier!

If the 6449 is correct, would you have a cross ref for that?  Maybe could grab something local with enough numbers...

stevasaurus

SKF 11124  :)

DennisThornton

Starting problem is fixed and I'm in love!  Seems I just need a $10 seal!

But tell me, how do I manage to hit every dog pile with at least two tires!  Can anybody else do that?

I guess it's good I only have Labradors and just "Wheel" Horses, not "Real" horses!

Now, I just need an "xi" series:
2 stage snow blower, 
dozer blade,
grader blade,
and...

20151108_155935.jpg

• Like 1

slammer302

Looking good!!!:woohoo:How many hours does that XI have on it still looks to be in good condition 

DennisThornton

Looking good!!!How many hours does that XI have on it still looks to be in good condition 

More than yours!  1162hrs.  More than my Lxi but I think I'm going to clean this one first even though my 520Lxi needs it worse and I got it first but this one will cleanup nicer I think.  I may put this deck on the Lxi and try to find a blade or blower for this one.  I love my C-XXXs and 416 and can't wait to work on my 654 and Lawn Ranger, but these xi's are a huge step up!  I thought maybe I'd never justify a really nice GT and then I found the Lxi.  Figured that was it!  Then this came along...  Who knows?  Might find a 523xi sometime!  Don't tell anybody but I really would like a 345 or 4XX JD.  Or a Case 446 up or newer!  And a D-200, and...  But I digress.  

Right now I love my XIs!

slammer302

Looks good for how many hours it has on it i'm with you i love my C series and my 314H but these are a step up for sure i haven't got to try the deck out on mine yet hoping i can get it on sometime this week. My dad came over yesterday and is already trying to call dibbs on it.Lol  

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Looks good for how many hours it has on it i'm with you i love my C series and my 314H but these are a step up for sure i haven't got to try the deck out on mine yet hoping i can get it on sometime this week. My dad came over yesterday and is already trying to call dibbs on it.Lol  

Thanks!  I think Toro marketing really missed an opportunity to make these stand out.  Why would they call them 5XXs?  These should have been 618-623s!  Or 718-723s.  For the longest time I didn't know they were that much bigger and different!  If they had added locking differentials, a 3 point lift and more hydraulic connections I wouldn't be interested in anything Green!

And yeah, I think I'll stick the deck, ugly welds and all, on the Lxi and make my last mow for the year.  Maybe make this 522 my winter work Horse.

slammer302

I agree with you i didn't know that they were so awesome till reading here on the forum when i seen pics of them i thought they were just box store junk with wheel horse on the side my brother has a red craftsman that looks just like my XI from a far so its easy to see a pic of one and not give it second thought you really have to see one in person to see what a awesome machine they really are i do wish they would off kept some of the classic styling on the XI's but once all the sheet metal is off you can see that its all good stuff   

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I agree with you i didn't know that they were so awesome till reading here on the forum when i seen pics of them i thought they were just box store junk with wheel horse on the side my brother has a red craftsman that looks just like my XI from a far so its easy to see a pic of one and not give it second thought you really have to see one in person to see what a awesome machine they really are i do wish they would off kept some of the classic styling on the XI's but once all the sheet metal is off you can see that its all good stuff   

I see you have been all over the top of yours but if you have seen all underneath you will continue to be impressed!  There's a reason why they weigh almost twice what the other WHs do (Ds excluded!)!  And, yes, perhaps you are right!  Maybe if they had kept some of the recognized WH styling but named them something to distinguish them (gads!  Calling them 5XX was surely stupid!) they would have marketed better!  I also think they would have looked bigger if they had gone with bigger tires and I think they could have gotten away with that with the two speed rear end!  They would have looked like they should cost a lot more!  A quick glance and they could be mistaken for a Craftsman GT5000!

• Like 1

TDF5G

Starting problem is fixed and I'm in love!  Seems I just need a $10 seal!

But tell me, how do I manage to hit every dog pile with at least two tires!  Can anybody else do that?

I guess it's good I only have Labradors and just "Wheel" Horses, not "Real" horses!

Now, I just need an "xi" series:
2 stage snow blower, 
dozer blade,
grader blade,
and...

I run over the dog piles deposited by the neighbors dogs about every other time I mow. :sad: