Sign in to follow this  
hill881

Hooked up implement valve now hydrostatic has not power

hill881

I hooked up an implement lift valve and now the sunstrand 90-4620 hydrostatic does not have enough power to load tractor on to a trailer.  If I unhook the valve the hydrostatic has all kinds of power.  Is there something that Im missing or do I have the hose hooked into the wrong ports?  Does anyone have a diagram on how the hose hook to the hydrostatic and what ports.

Edited by hill881

CasualObserver

First welcome. :WRS:

Next... pictures of how you have it set up will help.

And third... is this a hydraulic lift you are adding to a tractor that didn't have it before?  Did you add the "implement kit" parts to the hydro? There are two little pieces that make up a relief valve that have to be put in the port when you add a lift to a non-equipped tractor.

I'm going to edit your topic to add some tags. This will bring up additional posts at the bottom with related topics that have been covered in the past.

hill881
IMG_0735.thumb.JPG.9a2045d618e3b80ffa35cIMG_0736.thumb.JPG.a7e42bd17b6b570cf574cIm not sure if this tractor ever had hydraulic lift on it before or not Im doing this for the owner of the tractor.  I believe it did not have it on before.  I did not add the implement kit to the hydro, ( did not know there was such a thing).  I have some pics as to how it is hooked to the hydro now.IMG_0733.thumb.JPG.90b1883746f3362c4d108

hill881

Heres the model number and serial number of the tractor also if that will help

Mod# 1 0410 7
Ser# 851975

wheeledhorseman

I've been looking at a couple of manuals for you - the photos are very grainy but from what I can see you've hooked up to the right ports. The photos are so poor though and it's difficult to tell. Also been reading the section of the sundstrand manual which covers the hydrogear like yours though in nothing like the detail provided for the later piston-piston type.

From my limited experience with the later type I'd hazard a guess that the charge relief valve (both types have these) isn't seating properly. The result is that when the impliment lift control is in neutral position, pressure in the main transmission is being lost. It's not being lost when the outlet port is blocked off.  I think you could test this theory by moving the lever to send the ram to the end of its travel but hold the lever there and see if power is restored to the drive system.

This is a wild guess and I'm sure others will chip in if I'm off the mark. Problem with hydrogears is that they aren't very serviceable.

• Like 1

Trouty56

Generally that hose from the back comes right up over top and runs beside the hose that connects on the top.  There is a little spring and cone that installs in port in the front of the unit about where that cutout is on the side panel in that third pic.

screenshot.thumb.jpg.2c95d625cd6633b637b

• Like 1

hill881

I have bottomed out the cylinder and the power does come back to the hydrostatic.  I will look at the charge pump relief to see how this looks.  Thanks for the help.  If anyone as any other suggestions let me know.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Thatoneguy
      By Thatoneguy
      So I washed my rear end and sundstrand 90-1136 and now the by pass valves leaks when I screw it in past a certain point.  If I screw it all the way in I can sit there and watch the fluid start seeping past it.   I changed the o-ring with an R-04 i believe is what it was.   Do these require some sort of thread sealer? There was nothing on it when I took it out, and when I used the valve to push the tractor in my shop it worked fine and has never leaked. Any ideas would be wonderful! 

• mattd860
      By mattd860
      I have developed a kit that allows a Wheel Horse / Toro hydrostatic tractor to be operated by a pedal on the right side of the tractor. The original forward/reverse lever can be retained or removed. The kit includes everything needed to install the pedal kit and installation is simple with the help of a downloadable installation manual. Additionally, only one (1) 1/4" hole will need to be drilled which can be done by a hand drill. No other drilling or cutting will be necessary. Any tractor with this kit can be converted back to stock without any visible evidence that kit was installed. However, you'll never want to do that

The kit operates very simply and similar to modern tractors. When the pedal is pushed forwards the tractor will move forwards. When the reverse pedal is pressed downwards, the tractor will moved in reverse. If the operator takes his foot of the pedal at any time, the pedal will automatically center itself and the hydrostatic transmission will return to neutral (stop). This enables the operator to use both hands on the steering wheel or one hand on the wheel and the other operating an attachment like a snow blower, plow, etc.

The foot pedal is custom cast in Aluminum, uses brass bushings to minimize wear, and it closely matches the OEM Wheel Horse BRAKE pedal commonly found on 8-speed manual transmission tractors. Modifications were done to the pedal to add the reverse pedal and adapt the pedal to the rest of the kit. For the most part, the pedal looks like it was designed and manufactured by Wheel Horse / Toro. Additionally, a grease fitting has been adapted to the pedal to further minimize wear and tear and if the brass bushings ever wear out they are fully replaceable without having to buy a whole new pedal. 

The pedal kit fits the following series tractors with Eaton hydrostatic transmissions: C-1X5, 300, 400, 500. 

My kit can be adapted to older hydrostatic tractors with the Sundstrand transmission, however, you will need to find an updated hydro cam commonly found on ebay. Message me for more information. 

Here is a link where you can download the installation manual: CLICK HERE

I am selling these kits for $330 shipped to anywhere in the United States. I offer multi order discounts as well. I will also sell to other countries for additional shipping charges to be determined.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me or post your question here and I will be glad to help. Or you can email me at mattdarling02@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

Below are pictures of the complete kit and the pedal installed on the tractor. Some modifications have been made since these pictures were taken. For example, the reverse pedal is now cast in aluminum instead of the steel pedal shown below. 

• olivertractor
      By olivertractor
      I was pulling a roller and thatch rake the other day with my c120 hydro and noticed oil on the back of the fender. On looking closer I saw the plug thing on the back of the pump leaking oil. Any advice on how serious this will be to repair? Anything helps

• Maxwell-8
      By Maxwell-8
      So yesterday I picked-up a C175. She was rusting away as she was stored outside. She had a new to her Kohler K341. @squonk The previous owner indeed better had"LET AN ELECTRICIAN      CHECK his  SHORTS!"  as bad wiring shorted the battery out, and exploded/melted. She has a Sundstrand hydro pump with a Filter, is that normal? By the pump I believe it's a 1980. But you never now for sure as it's made in Oevel. Due to the bad wiring, the engine was in no running condition. But don't think the K341 has many hours on it. The hydro I don't know if it works. She was hard to push. So i lift up one wheel, so we could roll here one one wheel and the diff prevented the trans from locking up.
      So first things to do:
      1) get the engine running
      2) replace the steering wheel, but don't think removing it will be very hard as it's already split in two.
      3) replace the axleseals, the oil leak caused a lot of sandbuild up as she was mainly used on for leveling out a horse track.
      4) clean all the acid and remove all the old wiring to do a full rewiring
      5) replace the plastic seat pan with a metal.
      6)...

I'm looking forward on my first C. 
      It's also my first hydro, I don't know a lot about them and prefer actual gears. Simpler and need less maintenance (parts-shortage). 
      But since I couldn't find another project WH and me hearing a lot of good things about hydro's  on the forum..  I finally took the shot.  

• helpmefixmygt14
      By helpmefixmygt14
      i bought this gt14 and don’t know much about it, got it running good and it really doesn’t like hills or towing anything. help would be very much appreciated. thanks