chesbaycruiser

One Last Snow Pushing Video - B-80 - Timelapse

chesbaycruiser

Oops, I did it again!

We got about 6-8 more inches of snow last night so I felt obliged to play around with the video camera once more.  (Hey, we don't get much snow...I can't help myself!)  In what has become the norm, I cleared all five driveways in our cul-de-sac and then most of the street as well, since once the snow is out of the driveways, I have to find a place to put it!  I admit that finding a good place to put the snow while not blocking someone's car, driveway, mailbox or storm drain was challenging, especially since a significant amount of the piles of snow I pushed a week ago are still there! 

In today's installment—which is the last one this year...I promise—I have the camera mounted on the B-80's hood and I shot the video in time-lapse mode, 1 frame every 1/2 second which roughly equates to 4 minutes of video for an hour of video.

BTW, if you don't like Sinatra, you'll probably hate this!   :music-singing: 

• Like 7

Terry M

That is an Awesome way to do a snow pushing video!! :handgestures-thumbupright: .......even with Sinatra :)  :) :)  

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Chris, not fair. Your having way to much fun. Also nice tune from another jersey guy. Lol

Job well done and thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it.

Glenn

I know Frank was into trains, bet if he saw this video he would be getting a wheel horse to.

• Like 1

squonk

Great video. The dog was a plus!  :) Now I need to sit down!  :confusion-seeingstars:  :confusion-seeingstars:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Can you say...

Dramamine?    :shock:

• Like 1

tunahead72

Thanks for the warning Craig!

I've been helping a guy clear snow the last two winters. He does all the truck plow work, I help with shoveling.

Chris, you are having way too much fun, and doing a really nice job at the same time. Well done!

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Hey I like that!

I have a couple hours of gopro style video and I really like the sped-up style (or at least part of it)! Hopefully I will get to posting that soon. I figure noone wants to watch 2 hours of pushing snow, but your way is a good idea.  :hide:

chesbaycruiser

Great video. The dog was a plus!  :) Now I need to sit down!  :confusion-seeingstars:  :confusion-seeingstars:

Can you say...

Dramamine?    :shock:

You know, I wondered after the fact if I should add a warning that if you have issues with the motion, especially in "first person" shooter games, flight simulators, etc, you might want to proceed with caution!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Yeah, about half way through...  :teasing-poke:

I felt the ol' whoopsmybelly kicking in, and had to go.

Neat idea though...just not so much all at once.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

stratostar250

I love this video!  Great use of the timelapse feature!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Butch

Oops, I did it again!

We got about 6-8 more inches of snow last night so I felt obliged to play around with the video camera once more.  (Hey, we don't get much snow...I can't help myself!)  In what has become the norm, I cleared all five driveways in our cul-de-sac and then most of the street as well, since once the snow is out of the driveways, I have to find a place to put it!  I admit that finding a good place to put the snow while not blocking someone's car, driveway, mailbox or storm drain was challenging, especially since a significant amount of the piles of snow I pushed a week ago are still there! 

In today's installment—which is the last one this year...I promise—I have the camera mounted on the B-80's hood and I shot the video in time-lapse mode, 1 frame every 1/2 second which roughly equates to 4 minutes of video for an hour of video.

BTW, if you don't like Sinatra, you'll probably hate this!   :music-singing: 

Well I think it sucks that you didn't get all of "Summer Wind" on the video. That was the best song.

• Like 3

Butch

In previous years I had wide tires on my C-175 with rubber chains. Those of you that have rubber chains know how

big they are and how well they work. This year I didn't use them. I used Ag tires this year. No chains. No extra weight.

No fluid in the tires. I've had no problem. No slippage of rear tires. The most I have done though is 8 inches. You know

how the plows come through and plow in your driveway? Well, I had no problems clearing that out. The only problem I've

had was the steering. I need to get tri-rib tires.

papaglide

Awesome video and awesome sound track! Watching that was fun!

• Like 1

Jrblanke

Great video! I watched the whole thing! I got about 6 inches down here in Raleigh. 

• Like 1

chesbaycruiser

Well I think it sucks that you didn't get all of "Summer Wind" on the video. That was the best song.

Yeah, that's a good song...it some weird way it seemed a good fit for a snowplowing video!