soder33

Follow up on my 5010 trans.

soder33

Thanks for the welcome.  It has been a learning experience tearing down the trans and differential.   I was able to located some parts to fix the diferential on my 1960, 400 Suburban, but am still looking for a couple of things.  I need 1 axel gear, 3530 and 2 spider gears, 3531.  That is all that is needed to get her back to work. If you have any of  these I would very much like to talk to you.  The help would be very much appreciated.

stevasaurus

Trying to locate those parts for you.  What did you end up doing for the bull gear (differential housing?  :)

soder33

There is an old small engine shop by us that use to be a Wheel Horse dealer. I knew he had some old parts tractors in the back, so I stopped.  He had no suburbans. He thought he had some old parts for one though.  Sure enough, he had the differential case that matched mine in the number of teeth. It was missing the axels, axel gears and the spider gears. Those he could not find.  Since mine had only chewed up one side, I can use the good one and only need 2 spider gears and on axle gear to complete.  Sometimes a guy gets lucky.

Thanks for the help. 

• Like 1

clintcoleman

Hi Sodor33,

If you are still looking for the 3531 Spider Gears, I just ran across 4 New, Old Stock while listing obsolete parts on Ebay for our shop.  I can give you first dibs and save me the headache of Ebay if you are still in need.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Vaughan32850
      By Vaughan32850
      Has anyone got a WT-30 tiller they can send pictures if pleas? It’s the one fitted with a K91 engine for RJ models. 
      Many thanks

• Jennifer
      By Jennifer
      Husband wants some advice… lol.  So we did an engine swap today on two suburbans because we could not get the one engine to spark all the time to get it running!  The engine ran last year before parking for the winter sleep…. Points were changed out for new the engine was cleaned to make good contact has new spark plug new coil condenser we even switched out the fly wheel today thinking maybe the magnet was weak…. Advice???   It would where are you out yanking on the recoil five or so times and maybe only get the points to fire twice if you’re lucky..  checked the gap and pull again… same thing over and over!  Thanks in advance!
    • Jennifer
      By Jennifer
      Well my husband got new grownup toys!  Lol. Just wanted to post them on here to share!  Sure most seen for sale but they arrived yesterday at our back door glad we found them before it rained again!  Not sure why delivery person made the effort to go to the back of the house…. 🤔🤯

• Vaughan32850
      By Vaughan32850
      Let’s see all the RJ’s and suburbans that are in Europe / United Kingdom. Here’s my two RJ-58’s. 

• oliver2-44
      By oliver2-44
      So I went to get a haircut this morning in the neighboring town of Kingsland.  Saw a few garage sale sign so I though I'd check them out.   The Garage Sales were a bust, but as I drove through the area, I spotted this 1960 Wheel Horse Suburban being used as a mail box post.    It was chained and locked to the T post and the front rims were sunk well into the dirt like it had been there quite a while.  I momentarily though about knockings on the door,  but the hood was cut, there was no motor and the transmission shifter rubber boot was long gone.  I say it's a 1960 as it had the treadplate foot rest.  It's probable best left for the yard art it's currently being used for.