TJ

What Are You Listening To?

19richie66

Posted this before but this is a different version. He has a lot of good instrumental guitar/blues stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

I know it’s not music,  but I listened to it.  She’s funny.  I’ve a feeling @ebinmaine would appreciate it!

• Excellent 3

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I know it’s not music,  but I listened to it.  She’s funny.  I’ve a feeling @ebinmaine would appreciate it!

Yes sir you are correct!

I've been a huge fan of hers for quite a number of years for lots and lots of reasons

😉

• Like 1

Pullstart

@RandyLittrell thanks for the enlightenment that Elle King’s dad used to be called Rob Schneider!  He’s a true performer… no matter the roll.

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Yes sir you are correct!

I've been a huge fan of hers for quite a number of years for lots and lots of reasons

😉

First skit of her’s I’ve seen and I thought of you.  Funny.  Was it the hiking bit, or the closest to a bear one?  I really enjoy Ralphie May’s comedy, but that’s limited for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

First skit of her’s I’ve seen and I thought of you.  Funny.  Was it the hiking bit, or the closest to a bear one?  I really enjoy Ralphie May’s comedy, but that’s limited for obvious reasons.

Eliza has several specials out that I've seen on various internet sources like youtube, netflix, etc.

Like anything else in the world we all have varying opinions about what we find amusing in a comedian, male or female. That's the way it should be.

A part of her routine being funny to me is of course the subject matter but I think she also has good cadence and delivery and that's HUGE.

What I find most interesting though is that she seems to show a better than average personal awareness and understanding of who she is and what her place is in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

You’ll probably like this guy. Makes you think a little. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

RandyLittrell
11 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Ralphie May’s comedy,

He was so raunchy it was hard to watch sometimes, but it was also so funny, I hurt myself laughing so hard!! One of the funniest bits that was semi clean, is the "cuba diving" skit!! 

Randy

• Like 1

19richie66
13 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

He was so raunchy it was hard to watch sometimes, but it was also so funny, I hurt myself laughing so hard!! One of the funniest bits that was semi clean, is the "cuba diving" skit!! 

Randy

I couldn’t watch him. I guess that’s why I like Dry Bar comedy series. All clean comedy. 

• Like 2

19richie66

• Like 1

19richie66

19richie66

• Like 2

tunahead72

@19richie66 I'm kickin' myself right now...  Johnny A did a bunch of gigs at a local coffee shop probably 10-15 years ago, and I never got off my lazy butt to go see him play.  Seriously local, like 3 miles away, I could have stumbled home.  And small, capacity maybe 100 people max, exactly my kind of place.

I had no idea he was this good, thanks for posting these!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
8 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

@19richie66 I'm kickin' myself right now...  Johnny A did a bunch of gigs at a local coffee shop probably 10-15 years ago, and I never got off my lazy butt to go see him play.  Seriously local, like 3 miles away, I could have stumbled home.  And small, capacity maybe 100 people max, exactly my kind of place.

I had no idea he was this good, thanks for posting these!

I wish he would come somewhere close to here. I’d go see him. I’ll be looking for this album that this song came off of. He is definitely a great guitaist. My kind of music!

• Like 2

Pullstart

Random one from my Pandora shuffles…

19richie66

just can’t go wrong with Bad Company  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

19richie66

@tunahead72 

Just good, soulful playing. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

formariz

• Heart 1

ebinmaine

I was a HUGE fan of Extreme looonngg before they went mainstream with a song that was everything they didn't play. :lol:

Turned out later in life I worked with a guy who was a cousin to someone involved with production. He fixed me up with a full set of their work. Awesome stuff. 

This is a guitar cover of one of my absolute favorite nonsensical songs from them. 

Nuno Bettencourt. A phenom on strings. 

This lady is... Right. There.  

• Like 2

formariz

• Like 3

tunahead72

• Excellent 1

tunahead72

I've been listening to guitarist Steve Kimock a lot lately, a musician that I would call a calming influence in my life.  I saw him play as part of one of Bob Weir's bands back in the mid-1980's, and then a few years later with Zero.  I loved his sound back then, but for some reason I kind of forgot about him until just recently.  I heard he's been an instructor at Jorma Kaukonen's Fur Peace Ranch for several years now, and decided to start exploring his music again, and I'm really glad I did.

Steve's been described as a musical chameleon, his style continually evolving over the years.  His own tunes tend to build slowly but surely as they progress, but in the end they usually resolve as beautifully melodic and satisfying compositions.

His Steve Kimock Band formed in 2001 or so, and only released one studio album that I know of, called Eudemonic.  I listened to it today (Christmas present), and love it.  This one's from that album:

• Like 1

TJ