AMC RULES

What's In Your Mirror?

953 nut
On 9/4/2016 at 1:03 PM, AMC RULES said:

1960 Model 400.

Just saw one a lot like this on :techie-ebay: It is in Michigan and asking $ 350 starting bid. Same tires, but no engine.

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:hand:  Now wait, are you saying...    :jaw:

Wallfish gave you the full palm choke?

Let me clarify,   The FISH was not actually here to apply the choke.   But, in another thread,  he recommended the full palm technique  when choking the fixed jet Walbros with the big holes in the choke plate.

He didn't tell me you may get giant hickeys on your hands though.   :woohoo:

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Yeah well, I guess just...   

on the hands is OK Ed.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

953 nut
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

may get giant hickeys on your hands though

Sound sort of like the "Cupping" therapy that was being administered to several of the Olympic athletes.

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
11 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

This one has had a rough life, but the sleeve hitch and the NAPA electric fuel pump made it worth $100.   The 8 speed and the transplanted  K321 may end up in my Low Rider project.

IMG_6412.JPGIMG_6413.JPGIMG_6416.JPGIMG_6415.JPG

IMG_6414.JPG

Love them Black Hoods! and a C 105 to boot!!! What year?

Mine's an "82...

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I haven't even looked at the numbers to check the year yet.    Were they mad in '80-'84?

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Sound sort of like the "Cupping" therapy that was being administered to several of the Olympic athletes.

Hmmm,  I did feel rather excited and euphoric after getting her running with Wallfishes palming technique.  I thought I was just happy to hear it run, but now that I think about it, this is the first time my hands haven't ached with arthritis in 20 years.    :confusion-confused:

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Craig and Ed, I like your new Horses:)

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Were they mad in '80-'84?

I don't know if they were "mad" in 1980 - 84, but they were "made" during that time period! :ychain:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

OK, I can't type or spell,  but I have enough scents...or cents....er since to pick up another one this morning.

IMG_6420.JPG

That's not much to go on when you loadem backwards.

Does this help?

IMG_6423.JPG

And a free clevis hitch.

IMG_6424.JPG

And a custom header.

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_6421.JPG

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 9

SylvanLakeWH
5 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

OK, I can't type or spell,  but I have enough scents...or cents....er since to pick up another one this morning.

IMG_6420.JPG

That's not much to go on when you loadem backwards.

IMG_6421.JPG

Just the right amount of dust "patina" on that seat!!!

ACman

When the wife said yea , couldn't believe it ! Bought it on @stevasaurus 's birthday . Sent the boy to go pick it up this afternoon .

image.jpeg

Edited by ACman
  • Like 8

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup: Jeff, I think the ol' saying goes...

a happy wife = a happy :wh: life. :text-woo:

• Like 2

ACman

You got that right !!!  Only took 25 years to figure it out .

:scratchead: Now if I could what I did to make her happy ...

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, ACman said:

Sent the boy to go pick it up this afternoon

:woohoo:    1055 and a tub cart?   :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

ACman

Not quite ,tractor one year newer and cart might be older . 

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

sweet. good stuff

btw, Ed, what great patina on that ride. 

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell
11 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

sweet. good stuff

btw, Ed, what great patina on that ride. 

Glenn

Right Glenn,  This C-160 is a good candidate  for a steel wool and oil rub down.   The tin is all straight except for two bumps in the grill bars that I am sure I can push out without disturbing the patina.   I put a battery in and she did turn over yesterday.  Good ignition switch, solenoid and starter.   Cleaned up the points and some wiring and I have fire at the plug.  Will work on fuel today.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

It's good to see another C160 being saved. More especially an 8 speed, and that's coming from a fan of the manual transmission Horses.

• Like 1

WHX??

Junk yard finds... ok ....I know I know ...not as glamourous find as @Ed Kennell's  C160 or Jeff's recent haul but what the heck parts is parts. Which is what I plan to use these guys for.  I have no idea what might be wrong with these that ended them up in the bone yard but 50 bucks brought both them home. My wife's mower is a 16-38 and my mower is a 246H so lots of good parts and possibly good hydros not to mention the myriad of idlers, springs and what not that are handy to have around the shop. Decks & rubber are in good shape so lots of reusable parts ther and the one has a brand new set of blades on it so I figured there is the fifty right there! Maybe transaxles &  parts for building a two-seater?? :think:

The guy that picks up my scrap furnaces & air conditioners at my shop in town had these at his lot outside of town so I have been eyeballing them for awhile. After losing out on a CL score of a nice 1257 this weekend  I needed to get my spirits back up again by bringing something home! Any way this guy's boneyard has lots of vintage tractors hidden in weeds, The further back you go in the lot the older they get so who knows maybe horses hidden in there. Will get back out there when the nettles die off to investigate.

20160911_162427[1].jpg

20160911_165233[1].jpg

20160911_162801[1].jpg

Edited by WHX7
  • Like 6

ACman

:woohoo:  , Nothing better than saving some  :wh:Horses . With all the scrap you've gave him ( I use to scrap out the A.C.'s and copper , made extra money that way ) he should've gave you those Horses :twocents-02cents: . You need to work out some kind of deal . 

• Like 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, ACman said:

he should've gave you those Horses :twocents-02cents: . You need to work out some kind of deal . 

Yeah your right ACman but he doesn't get my copper and coils ...my crews take that for themselves  and he's old, ain't got a lot of brains or money, wife's got health issues and his kids are ...well lets just say the cops know them well... so I felt sorry for him.  

• Like 3

ACman
22 minutes ago, WHX7 said:

Yeah your right ACman but he doesn't get my copper and coils ...my crews take that for themselves  and he's old, ain't got a lot of brains or money, wife's got health issues and his kids are ...well lets just say the cops know them well... so I felt sorry for him.  

Your good boss letting your crews keep the copper and coils . That's like a bonus , it doesn't take long for it to add up . 

• Like 1

Shynon

20160918_104750.jpg

• Like 8

ACman

@Shynon ,Nice score there :handgestures-thumbupright: ! Good patina on that 603 . What's the plan ?

Edited by ACman