Racinbob 13,184 #1 Posted yesterday at 05:07 PM Checked the trail cam this afternoon. First time I've caught them going at it. Seems like a bit of a mismatch though. 3 7 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ed Kennell 47,296 #2 Posted 23 hours ago I'd take him for a ride behind my . Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
rjg854 13,354 #3 Posted 22 hours ago Wow that's quite the rack 😁 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
WHX?? 58,100 #4 Posted 22 hours ago (edited) 1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said: 'd take him for a ride behind my . Lowering the standards Ed Dog? You see this @Mike'sHorseBarn? Thinkin maybe we outta see about IN licenses. Edited 22 hours ago by WHX?? 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ed Kennell 47,296 #5 Posted 21 hours ago 56 minutes ago, WHX?? said: 2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said: 'd take him for a ride behind my . Lowering the standards Ed Dog? Yes Sir. My days of sitting in a tree dawn to dusk for weeks waiting for a Pope & Young is over. The first legal mature buck that presents a standing 20 yd broadside shot goes home with me. No room on the wall anyway and I luv venison. Last year I was only in my stand one day for 45 minutes when this guy followed me home. 2 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
WHX?? 58,100 #6 Posted 19 hours ago 1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said: weeks waiting for a Pope & Young is over. 1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said: and I luv venison. Yep ... cant eat them horns and boiled tag goes down kinds rough.... just sayin ... 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mike'sHorseBarn 3,681 #7 Posted 17 hours ago 4 hours ago, WHX?? said: You see this @Mike'sHorseBarn? Thinkin maybe we outta see about IN licenses. Yep! Those mid western bucks are built different! 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pfrederi 21,146 #8 Posted 6 hours ago 10 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said: Yep! Those mid western bucks are built different! My barber here in PA goes deer hunting in Indiana every year.... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
WHX?? 58,100 #9 Posted 6 hours ago 14 hours ago, Ed Kennell said: Yes Sir. My days of sitting in a tree dawn to dusk for weeks waiting for a Pope & Young is over. The first legal mature buck that presents a standing 20 yd broadside shot goes home with me. No room on the wall anyway and I luv venison. Last year I was only in my stand one day for 45 minutes when this guy followed me home. Still blows me away you don’t field dress. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
adsm08 5,140 #10 Posted 6 hours ago 19 minutes ago, WHX?? said: Still blows me away you don’t field dress. I'm pretty sure Ed has them back to his garage in less time than it usually takes me to drag them back to my truck. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ed Kennell 47,296 #11 Posted 2 hours ago 3 hours ago, WHX?? said: Still blows me away you don’t field dress. My deer are usually skinned then dressed within an hour of the shot. I always ride my to my stand and only take double lung shots so I know the bucks only live 8-10 seconds. All doe are instant kill head shots. I'm too old and lazy to track and drag deer like I did for 50 years. Dressing while hanging after skinning is easier and cleaner. If the temp is above 45 they are also deboned while hanging and put in the fridge. If the temp is cool enough I let them hang overnight for easier cutting and removal of all silver skin. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
oliver2-44 11,746 #12 Posted 1 hour ago 49 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said: My deer are usually skinned then dressed within an hour of the shot. I always ride my to my stand and only take double lung shots so I know the bucks only live 8-10 seconds. All doe are instant kill head shots. I'm too old and lazy to track and drag deer like I did for 50 years. Dressing while hanging after skinning is easier and cleaner. If the temp is above 45 they are also deboned while hanging and put in the fridge. If the temp is cool enough I let them hang overnight for easier cutting and removal of all silver skin. I do the same in the field. Skin, then gut, then quarter. I cut the backstrap off in the field , then split the ribs and neck. No need for a giant cooler, A nice buck, easily fits into a 50 quart cooler with ice. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites