Jump to content
Racinbob

Pretty Nice Buck

Recommended Posts

 
Ed Kennell

I'd take him for a ride behind my :wh:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
rjg854

Wow that's quite the rack 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

'd take him for a ride behind my :wh:.

Lowering the standards Ed Dog? :ychain:

You see this @Mike'sHorseBarn? Thinkin maybe we outta see about IN licenses. :lol: 

Edited by WHX??
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Ed Kennell
56 minutes ago, WHX?? said:
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

'd take him for a ride behind my :wh:.

Lowering the standards Ed Dog? 

Yes Sir.   My days of sitting in a tree dawn to dusk for weeks  waiting for a Pope & Young  is over.   The first legal mature buck that presents a standing 20 yd broadside shot goes home with me.  No room on the wall anyway and I luv venison.105_1510.JPG.3ead5c1942cec578d5eac373367d9a4d.JPG

Last year I was only in my stand one day for 45  minutes when this guy followed me home.

 

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

weeks  waiting for a Pope & Young  is over. 

 

1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

and I luv venison.

Yep ... cant eat them horns and boiled tag goes down kinds rough.... just sayin ... :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Mike'sHorseBarn
4 hours ago, WHX?? said:

You see this @Mike'sHorseBarn? Thinkin maybe we outta see about IN licenses. :lol: 

 

Yep! Those mid western bucks are built different!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pfrederi
10 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

 

Yep! Those mid western bucks are built different!

  My barber here in PA goes deer hunting in Indiana every year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??
14 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Yes Sir.   My days of sitting in a tree dawn to dusk for weeks  waiting for a Pope & Young  is over.   The first legal mature buck that presents a standing 20 yd broadside shot goes home with me.  No room on the wall anyway and I luv venison.105_1510.JPG.3ead5c1942cec578d5eac373367d9a4d.JPG

Last year I was only in my stand one day for 45  minutes when this guy followed me home.

 

Still blows me away you don’t field dress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
adsm08
19 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Still blows me away you don’t field dress. 

I'm pretty sure Ed has them back to his garage in less time than it usually takes me to drag them back to my truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Still blows me away you don’t field dress. 

My deer are usually skinned then dressed within an hour of the shot.  I always ride my :wh: to my stand and only take double lung shots so I know the bucks only live 8-10 seconds.  All doe are instant kill head shots.  I'm too old and lazy to track and drag deer like I did for 50 years.  Dressing while hanging after skinning is easier and cleaner.  If the temp is above 45 they are also deboned while hanging and put in the fridge.

If the temp is cool enough I let them hang overnight for easier cutting and removal of all silver skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
oliver2-44
49 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

My deer are usually skinned then dressed within an hour of the shot.  I always ride my :wh: to my stand and only take double lung shots so I know the bucks only live 8-10 seconds.  All doe are instant kill head shots.  I'm too old and lazy to track and drag deer like I did for 50 years.  Dressing while hanging after skinning is easier and cleaner.  If the temp is above 45 they are also deboned while hanging and put in the fridge.

If the temp is cool enough I let them hang overnight for easier cutting and removal of all silver skin.

I do the same in the field.  

Skin, then gut, then quarter.

I cut the backstrap off in the field , then split the ribs and neck. 

No need for a giant cooler, A nice buck, easily fits into a 50 quart cooler with ice.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...