953 nut 69,019 #1 Posted 8 hours ago September 30, 1960 "The Flintstones," the first animated sitcom created by Hanna-Barbera, premieres on ABC in the US. 1 2 2 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 12,965 #2 Posted 8 hours ago I may be all wet on this one, but... I believe this was the first program to be aired in color.... But not many folks owned a color TV set then. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 69,019 #3 Posted 7 hours ago 15 minutes ago, ri702bill said: I believe this was the first program to be aired in color OK, you made me look; First Network Color Cartoon Series: The Jetsons premiered on ABC on September 23, 1962. It holds the distinction of being the ABC network's very first program broadcast in full color. However, according to AI, and we know that must be true, The compatible all-electronic color standard we use today (NTSC) was approved in late 1953, leading to the first major coast-to-coast color broadcast: the Tournament of Roses Parade on January 1, 1954. The First Special: Premiere aired as a one-hour special featuring star hosts like Ed Sullivan and Arthur Godfrey, though it could only be viewed in a few select cities (Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and New York). The First Series: Shortly after, on June 27, 1951, CBS launched The World Is Yours!, which became the first regularly scheduled color television series. The Technology Limit: These early 1951 broadcasts used CBS’s mechanical field-sequential color system, which was not compatible with standard black-and-white television sets. 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 12,965 #4 Posted 7 hours ago 2 minutes ago, 953 nut said: The Technology Limit: These early 1951 broadcasts used CBS’s mechanical field-sequential color system, which was not compatible with standard black-and-white television sets. As he say in England - "Now don't that just sucketh!" Like going to a Buffet and there is nothing on the Doctor approved list to eat!! 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
rjg854 13,338 #5 Posted 6 hours ago yabba dabba do 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
SylvanLakeWH 32,407 #6 Posted 6 hours ago First recorded visit to a National Park: Rumor has it that some Senior members of RS were on hand to record the event on their tintypes... I've reached out to a few to try and secure the RS required image verification... @WHX?? @Achto @Ed Kennell @ebinmaine @953 nut... 7 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ebinmaine 80,513 #7 Posted 5 hours ago 1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said: First recorded visit to a National Park: Rumor has it that some Senior members of RS were on hand to record the event on their tintypes... I've reached out to a few to try and secure the RS required image verification... @WHX?? @Achto @Ed Kennell @ebinmaine @953 nut... Can confirm. In fact I've been wondering for years if I'm related to Fred Flintstone. Bear shaped of course and also my ridiculously short legs and tall back. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Handy Don 17,430 #8 Posted 4 hours ago 51 minutes ago, ebinmaine said: Can confirm. In fact I've been wondering for years if I'm related to Fred Flintstone. Bear shaped of course and also my ridiculously short legs and tall back. Three toes on each foot? No? Not related! 🤣 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ed Kennell 47,219 #9 Posted 4 hours ago 48 minutes ago, ebinmaine said: . @WHX?? @Achto @Ed Kennell @ebinmaine @953 nut.. I'm feeling honored to be included in this group of s. I guess? 1 5 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 69,019 #10 Posted 4 hours ago Yes, I was there. I returned in 1973 and it had become a bit deeper and wider. 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ed Kennell 47,219 #11 Posted 4 hours ago 3 minutes ago, 953 nut said: Yes, I was there. Me too, but I didn't return till 1989. 1 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites