wh315-8

Commando 800

wh315-8

Picked up a 1972 Commando 800 w/36” rear discharge. From the grandson of the original owner. Hasn’t run in decades but have no doubt that with some cleaning up of carb, fuel system and check the head, it will run like a Horse.

Has anyone ever seen the steering cap logo like this? 

IMG_4234.jpeg

IMG_4233.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4230.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Pullstart

Nice!  Those rear 10” wheels are what I used for the front of my big tire 552 project.

5D1DA539-76A6-4FEE-8026-53FFA8FF5F17.jpeg

• Like 2

ri702bill
9 hours ago, wh315-8 said:

Has anyone ever seen the steering cap logo like this? 

Yup - on my Commando 800 I picked up locally in 2015.....

P1010091.JPG

P1010092.JPG

• Excellent 2

Retired Wrencher

On the 68 commando is the same but has a silver ring on the out side of the emblem. Do your self a favor and junk the seat or give it to a JD owner. Just my :twocents-02cents:

Edited by Retired Wrencher
  • Haha 4

ri702bill
13 hours ago, Retired Wrencher said:

Do your self a favor and junk the seat or give it

NO Way - that there is a Gen-u-ine Wheel Horse O-riginal  COLLECTABLE seat a'waitin' restoration......!!!:o

Worth about a half a book of Green Stamps!!!!!:lol:

• Like 1

wh315-8
On 10/23/2023 at 7:10 AM, Retired Wrencher said:

On the 68 commando is the same but has a silver ring on the out side of the emblem. Do your self a favor and junk the seat or give it to a JD owner. Just my :twocents-02cents:

I fully agree on the seat. At minimum I will put a seat cover on it. No fears LOL, I have WH seats to put on it.

for a Free Tractor; how could I complain?

Edited by wh315-8
Add note
  • Like 1

Retired Wrencher
9 hours ago, wh315-8 said:

I fully agree on the seat. At minimum I will put a seat cover on it. No fears LOL, I have WH seats to put on it.

Thank you.

rmaynard
On 10/22/2023 at 8:55 PM, Pullstart said:

5D1DA539-76A6-4FEE-8026-53FFA8FF5F17.jpeg

Other than looks, is there any practical reason to put those or AG tires on the front of a two wheel drive tractor? I find it to be a rough ride with anything other than turfs on the back alone. :scratchead:

Edited by rmaynard

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Other than looks, is there any practical reason to put those or AG tires on the front of a two wheel drive tractor? I find it to be a rough ride with anything other than turfs on the back alone. :scratchead:

I was given the tires, mounted them on the wheels, then went shopping in the barn for tractor parts to fit them.  That’s how it all came together.  As for the ride, those R1 tires have enough contact patch that they ride smooth.  There is no chop of the ags that you might be familiar with.  As for working, this can pull a trailer but is pretty much just a cruiser.

• Thanks 2