drewd

I need to buy tubes or new rear tires for my 1971 Workhorse 800.  It has the original 22.5x7.50-12 Wheelhorse branded tires but sidewalls are leaking and one no longer holds air for more that two days.  Searching websites brings up various sizes but not the original.  Would a 23x9.50-12 fit this tractor?  I have a 36" RD deck on it.  Any other sizes work on this rim and tractor?

Thanks!

Lee1977
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, drewd said:

I need to buy tubes or new rear tires for my 1971 Workhorse 800.  It has the original 22.5x7.50-12 Wheelhorse branded tires but sidewalls are leaking and one no longer holds air for more that two days.  Searching websites brings up various sizes but not the original.  Would a 23x9.50-12 fit this tractor?  I have a 36" RD deck on it.  Any other sizes work on this rim and tractor?

Thanks!

The closest you will find is 23 x 850 x 12. The actual dimensions will not be much larger then what you have, The tires they are building  now are a lot smaller then the actual size stamp on the tire. Some 23 x 1050 x 12 that only measure a fraction over 22".

Edited by Lee1977

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• AndyZ
      By AndyZ
      Operator manual #A-5274
      Wiring
      6 pages 7.31MB

Illustrated parts list link
      Use the 1970 parts list for the Raider 10 model 1-6051 and Raider 12 models 1-6251 and 1-6253 with the following exceptions
      For 1970 electric clutch use Electro 12 model 1-7255
      2 pages 282KB
      We also have the 1971 tractor parts manual that followed

1971 Raider 10 model 1-0300 - (1-0300-6) - Uses HH100-115145C with magneto ignition

1971 Raider 12 model 1-0310 - (1-0310-6) - Uses K301S-47407C with breakerless magneto ignition (This model also made in Belgium)
    • kdeatrick
      By kdeatrick
      Well, I did another Work Horse over. This one I will use weekly at my Rental property. This started out as repairing the shifting linkage and brakes. While waiting on parts, I degreased it and thought, I might as well touch up the frame paint on the frame. Then I took the sheet metal off and bead blasted it. It now has base coat clear coat paint. All tires are used and in good shape for now. I chose not to fill in the rust pitting with body filler since it is going to be used and didn't want to get more time and money into it. So it has character, looks decent and will continue to work.

• Machineguy
      By Machineguy
      Hello everyone!

I finally picked up a Workhorse 700 and I’m doing a restoration with the exception of a Kohler K321 in place of the scavenged Tecumseh. Anyone done a similar swap and had trans issues or breakage problems? This isn’t going to be a puller, just gonna keep a 42” snow blade on it  for small snows and use it for light duty towing and putting around. I have the engine sitting around from another repower project and I have access to a large variety of machine tools and fabricating equipment. Any thoughts?
    • felker13
      By felker13
      I am very new to finding old tractors so I am not 100% sure if I got a deal or not. Today at an estate sale I was able to pick up a Work Horse GT-1100 for $65. It needs a lot of clean up, and as of right now I am not 100% sure of the working condition. It did come with the snow thrower attachment, and even though it isn't pictured, I also got the mowing deck as well. Not sure what these are worth, but any info would be much appreciated! I have attached some photo in its current condition.  Thanks! 

• sfjohnson722
      By sfjohnson722
      Greetings all, first post to this forum.
      I am in the process of getting my father's 1971 Bronco 14 (1 0421 6) up and running. After pulling the hydrogear for reworking, I noticed some lash between the rear wheels when on jackstands. I found one of the hubs to be badly worn, but also noticed there seems to be a clicking or ratcheting when turning one side at a time (whether the parking brake is on or off). The opposite wheel does turn in the opposite direction - it just does so with a click / ratchet feel. I was expecting something smoother like with an automobile differential. Is this normal? Should I plan to split the case, and if so what should I be looking for?
      Thanks in advance for any information!