RedPower47

417-A Restoration

Achto

Most excellent work !!!

• Like 3

peter lena

@RedPower47   excellent recovery on that ! also regularly use STA BIL  in all my fuels , in recovering a , used engine , have  also regularly used  rislone  zink additive , in my  run in of a used engine ,  the cleaning and running ease is  apparent ,  solid job on that , pete 

• Like 2

peter lena

@RedPower47   like to run in an  unknown engine  with  heavily treated fuel ,  just to see how it sounds / reacts  , no screaming , just function , do a hot oil change , been using  rislone zink ,  small measuring cup , to a  multi weight oil  5-30  for winter , the combination  definitely has a smoothing running ease , as it loosens up and cleans / flushes , passages , frees up ring glands , also use my pto lever drive to enhance  oil to that side  thrust area , without an attachment , just to engage it . check over every  movement area  , super lube oil , in all my related cabling  , throttle / choke , should be smooth / easy . always looking for any  trouble spot , enhance grounding , for related electrical operation. done this for years  , just some ideas , pete  

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Wow,  and in 3 weeks.      My 417 is my dedicated mower..cranking a 48" SD.   Love that KT growl while mowing up a steep hill.

• Like 6

RedPower47

@Ed Kennell they sure do have a nice growl to them Ed.

• Like 4

Bill D

Beautiful work.  How many hours on the clock?

• Like 2

RedPower47

@Bill D right around 1100 and thank you !

• Like 1

c-series don

Nice save! Most people would  have seen that as scrap metal but you’ve turn it back into a nice tractor! I have a 417-A, it’s my dedicated snowblower tractor. Ed’s right those Kohler’s sound awesome under a load! What are your plans for it? 

• Like 4

RedPower47

@c-series don Im not sure yet, definitely holding onto it for now! ill let it sit in the garage nice and warm for the winter lol.

• Like 2

Brockport Bill

spectacular !!!!! You can just go sit in garage this winter and admire your craftsmanship

• Like 5

Brockport Bill

i did the black wheel rims on one of my C175s -- like the look -- but next time i will use the glossier paint you used on yours - i also did the footrests in black for an added black touch

wh c175 Series 2 side.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

RedPower47

@Brockport Bill Thanks Bill! nice looking 175 you have there.

• Like 2

Brockport Bill

53 minutes ago, RedPower47 said:

@Brockport Bill Thanks Bill! nice looking 175 you have there.

here's the '83 Series 1, C175  ----------- i've never tackled the "full restore" like you did -- you did awesome job - i've just done partial mechanical and body

wh 1983  C175 Series 1.jpg

• Like 5

Tonytoro416

Beautiful tractor.  Saved another one. What color red did you go with there ?

• Like 1

RedPower47
7 hours ago, Brockport Bill said:

Another nice looking tractor Bill! and there is nothing wrong with fixing things up here and there, i have done that plenty of times where you just take the bad parts of the body and freshen them up a little with some new paint! it takes a lot of dedication and motivation to do a full tear down and restore and a lot of people don't have the time or patients.  

RedPower47

@Tonytoro416 Tony, I used Rust oleum Sunrise Red, i know a lot of guys use IH Red or Regal Red from Rust oleum but i think the sunrise is just a few shades brighter and looks a little better but that's just my opinion. I have painted plenty of Farmall's in my life and the IH red is definitely darker.

• Like 1

c-series don

I too, am a fan of the sunrise red! I think for some reason though regal red looks better on the 60’s and earlier tractors. I’m not sure why? Here’s my C-161 with E-Z Rake dethatcher and C-165 hiding in the corner of the picture, both in sunrise red. 

C2C32E75-0874-41C2-854C-3F30C0B1E016.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

RedPower47

I agree Don, I still like the look of Regal or IH but Sunrise just gives it a little more shine to it :)  Nice looking 161 too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brockport Bill
14 hours ago, RedPower47 said:

I agree Don, I still like the look of Regal or IH but Sunrise just gives it a little more shine to it :)  Nice looking 161 too 

i have used mostly the IH Red as well as the Regal Red -- but  I like the suggestion of the Sunrise -- especially that its "brighter" ----- so might try that once -- but dont want it to not match other same tractor pieces..... so might do a mower deck, or plow first to see its appearance ----- or maybe i need "another" WH tractor to try it on all the tin ...........haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RedPower47

haha Good Idea Bill, yea definitely don't mix the two colors because sunrise is definitely brighter than Regal or IH.