peter lena

paint recovery

peter lena

often refer to aerosol lubrication on dry / faded / neglected paint , basically feeding / recovering that paint . let the oil soak do all the hard work, the related pictures , went thru a  2 day spray , soak  wipe down  , do it again phase. after 2 soaks , there was a  definite color base , used a 6" palm buffer with cleaner wax , paint just came right out as you see it , typically just rub them down wit clean cloth , lubricant , thats what they look like . amazing to me how once recovered , how easy it is to keep it that way .  also  show a heim  joint to plow blade lever  rod,688944768_IMG_04921.jpg.aafe0dcfc39fb86356a8eba7daf5166f.jpg 

IMG_0493[1].jpg

IMG_0494[1].jpg

IMG_0495[1].jpg

IMG_0496[1].jpg

IMG_0497[1].jpg

IMG_0498[1].jpg

IMG_0499[1].jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

ri702bill

That's the one !! I did both ends on my 48" plow - very nice.

688944768_IMG_04921.jpg.aafe0dcfc39fb86356a8eba7daf5166f.jpg

• Excellent 5

peter lena

@ri702bill  also note old type incandescent  rough service bulb  standing vertically under center frame mount , just gives off enough heat to make a quick start  cold shed  difference , pete

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

SPINJIM

Which "spray lubricant" did you use, WD40 or other ?    Nice clean up.

• Like 1

8ntruck

WD-40 is more of a cleaner and water displacer than a lubricant.  Yes, it does leave a bit of lube behind - but there are more effective lubes out there.

For light duty linkages and such, I'm kind of partial to a drop of good 'ol 3 in 1.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 5

peter lena

@SPINJIM  like Kroil  , marvel mystery , also use 2 2-6  dielectric  aerosol spray , won't harm plastic. once you start doing this easy , spray down , let sit a day , wipe down ,clean cloth , till dry .  do it again  next day , you start to see results , note , NEVER  use a rough scrunge pad or sandpaper   to remove paint , let the oil do  the conversion ,  doing this in hot weather , with warmer metal , you can watch it change . also do your plow blade , that slick finish stops rust , and  moves snow without effort . as said , once done , a simple oil lubricated cloth , freshens it right up , beads water like a duck , pete

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
On 12/15/2022 at 1:57 PM, peter lena said:

freshens it right up ,

Pete, what's the "graphene" you mentioned at Zagray?

peter lena

@ebinmaine  https://www.amazon.com/Black-Magic-120182SRP-Graphene-Detailer/dp/B09NMQ1T96/ref=asc_df_B09NMQ1T96?t  got this at Walmart  , end of isle sale , $ 7 , insane shine and smoothness , if you thought your paint was clean , wipe it down with this , your recent car pick up , would love it , go shinny , pete 

• Thanks 1

gwood
On 12/15/2022 at 1:34 PM, SPINJIM said:

Which "spray lubricant" did you use, WD40 or other ?    Nice clean up.

WD40

gwood
On 5/9/2023 at 8:24 AM, peter lena said:

@ebinmaine  https://www.amazon.com/Black-Magic-120182SRP-Graphene-Detailer/dp/B09NMQ1T96/ref=asc_df_B09NMQ1T96?t  got this at Walmart  , end of isle sale , $ 7 , insane shine and smoothness , if you thought your paint was clean , wipe it down with this , your recent car pick up , would love it , go shinny , pete 

Thanks Peter!

• Thanks 1

peter lena

@gwood  its so slick, that the regular dusty road pick up ,  on the trunk area , is not even there !  always trying something , also have a 6" electric palm buffer , that makes buffing very easy , used to detail cars , in my other life , Pete

gwood
On 9/12/2023 at 1:21 PM, peter lena said:

@gwood  its so slick, that the regular dusty road pick up ,  on the trunk area , is not even there !  always trying something , also have a 6" electric palm buffer , that makes buffing very easy , used to detail cars , in my other life , Pete

On 9/12/2023 at 1:21 PM, peter lena said:

On 12/15/2022 at 11:50 AM, peter lena said:

often refer to aerosol lubrication on dry / faded / neglected paint , basically feeding / recovering that paint . let the oil soak do all the hard work, the related pictures , went thru a  2 day spray , soak  wipe down  , do it again phase. after 2 soaks , there was a  definite color base , used a 6" palm buffer with cleaner wax , paint just came right out as you see it , typically just rub them down wit clean cloth , lubricant , thats what they look like . amazing to me how once recovered , how easy it is to keep it that way .  also  show a heim  joint to plow blade lever  rod,688944768_IMG_04921.jpg.aafe0dcfc39fb86356a8eba7daf5166f.jpg 

IMG_0493[1].jpg

IMG_0494[1].jpg

IMG_0495[1].jpg

IMG_0496[1].jpg

IMG_0497[1].jpg

IMG_0498[1].jpg

IMG_0499[1].jpg

Pete, I am looking at photo #5 to find the bolt you told me to look at but l don't seem to see what your talking about,. Has it something to do with the center spring? Sorry to bug you on this!

ineedanother
On 5/9/2023 at 8:24 AM, peter lena said:

I agree with you on this @peter lena . My Yukon is getting up in years and miles and it's BLACK. I picked up some 303 graphine detailer last year and was impressed. It was a bit pricey so I might give the Black Magic a shot at 1/3 of the price. :thumbs:

• Like 1