peter lena

good , similar road salt , easy to do

peter lena

https://www.wheels.ca/guides/how-to-protect-your-car-against-road-salt-and-prevent-rust   always been against rust / neglect to any metal surface, been doing this for years  . to all my stuff . that also includes to my regular , lubricant based  paint rub downs . get oil into any body seam , mineral oil is also very good , once you see how easy it is to do , its just a regular reaction . only do this , is you do not like rust . just a suggestion . pete 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

peter lena

@oldlineman  , my son lives  above burlington vt , has an air pump  spray set up , regularly sprays down his mechanical   ,  anything , zero rust or rot , showed him how to detail  top down body seaming , so oil drop down would constantly , enhance  oil  coverage . been also  doing the  oil penetrant  paint wipe down  , lets it sit a couple of days , then wipes to down till dry with a clean  soft cloth . regularly tells me  how fresh the paint looks . very simple once you do it , oil slick , pete      

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Wild Bill 633

Try New Hampshire Oil Undercoating.

• Like 1

Pullstart

@peter lena what do you think about this stuff?  Compared to a gallon of used oil and kerosene or diesel mix?

Last year, we spent nearly $100, maybe more, in aerosol treatment.

DD3B7A6E-B89D-4E23-88C6-80552BCB9865.jpeg

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Just an FYI from years of working with oil and grease at the dams. An oil with a “Food Grade” rating doesn’t mean it is any more environmentally friendly than other oils. It just means it processing methods haven’t allowed any contaminants from the machinery into it. 

• Like 2

Wild Bill 633

If we produce more global warming, we would no longer have the need for corrosive road salt.

• Like 1

peter lena

@Pullstart   would not hesitate in its use , mineral oil , is the basis of  , new Hampshire oil undercoating , would try it on  paint finish , rub down , let sit , to soak , wipe down with clean soft cloth , done that regularly on neglected paint , get it into all your metal seams , days later the entire seam is creeping with oil lubricant , make sense ? you have stopped the rust / moisture cycle . once you start feeding metal  with lubricant , is on constant defense against rust . my  wheel horse paint , looks very deep and solid , after recovering neglected grunge , use a palm buffer , with cleaner wax , looks like new paint . this not a 1 and done thing , but it will stop rust , my car doors , trunk area , wheel arches , box channel frame areas , suspension  exposure , all oil , heavy open gear  lubricant , zero rust ,  once its in there , its easy to touch up . just a suggestion ,  try it on an easy access spot , go oily , pete 

• Excellent 2

peter lena

@Wild Bill 633  think the world in general is on a hi heat cycle , population growth alone is  density  in a  confined space .  watching india  on its filth /  waste  way of doing things is staggering , remember the jetsons ?  that cartoon show will shortly be a reality . pete

peter lena

@oliver2-44  working at pfizer , virtually everything we were working on was " food grade "  making various  ingredients  for beer , medicine , food , everything was regularly lab tested to verify its status / stability . all of our stainless steel  was 316  food grade  , all of our , "  production change overs  "  were also lab checked for purity.  we also had miles of PYREX  clear glass lines , going to and from blue glass lined  thousand gallon  vessels . all of that led me into the lubrication  enhancement  usage , for hi heat , failure areas , pete 

• Like 1