Wild Bill in VA

Yet another old picture ....

ineedanother

Love it @Wild Bill in VA! The history you bring to the site is priceless, but this my favorite to date! :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

ri702bill
7 hours ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

Tecumseh power tractor so I have to adjust the carburetor as I drive

I have to do the exact same thing on my Ariens 7 HP Tecumseh powered Sno Thro the first pass of the season. Starts right up, idles, good to go - right?? It gets 10 feet and dies - open the main jet a half a turn, run it, good until it runs rich - close the main jet a half turn, good for the rest of the season. Go figure. Been like that for 20 plus years...

Bill

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Bingo on that Bill. The joys of having a Tecky. I had three onetime. I received a good knowledge of how they ran or run.

Retired Wrencher
1 hour ago, ri702bill said:

I have to do the exact same thing on my Ariens 7 HP Tecumseh powered Sno Thro the first pass of the season. Starts right up, idles, good to go - right?? It gets 10 feet and dies - open the main jet a half a turn, run it, good until it runs rich - close the main jet a half turn, good for the rest of the season. Go figure. Been like that for 20 plus years...

Bill

Bill do a leak down test on it. Mine is the same as yours. Currently doing my ST724. Make sure you check valve springs height. Mine were too short.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Hey, Kohlers need a little love’n sometimes too!  Here’s Lil’ Pullstart, @wheelhorseman and @Coulter Caleb in 2019 at Uncle Jim @WHX??’s plow day!  Lowell told me later that he was tuning his carb under load. 

Rylee was almost 10 here, and I’m guessing Caleb was 15 or close to it?  @PeacemakerJack?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

True :wh: family there Bill.  Nice to see you are trying to convert Mr. Pfeiffer to the Red side. 

The color of your 854 suggests an orginal?

Hampton
13 hours ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

At the Florida Flywheelers Show tractor Parade this picture is a true classic as it shows Charlie Culley the President of the Wheel Horse Collectors Club with Brandon Pfeiffer of Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine on my 854 ... uh and me on my 500 SPECIAL. But what I'm I doing .... well it's a Tecumseh power tractor so I have to adjust the carburetor as I drive along!                                                                                                                                                                         Wild Bill in Richmond VA                                                                                                                                                                          

I thought you were riding side saddle.  lol

Lee1977
8 hours ago, Retired Wrencher said:

Bingo on that Bill. The joys of having a Tecky. I had three onetime. I received a good knowledge of how they ran or run.

You left out or didn't run! 

• Like 1

Wild Bill in VA
8 hours ago, WHX?? said:

True :wh: family there Bill.  Nice to see you are trying to convert Mr. Pfeiffer to the Red side. 

The color of your 854 suggests an orginal?

Brandon and I have always had interesting conversations but he collects all makes of garden tractors whereas I just collect Wheel Horse and I do not back down from a .... lets just say a discussion! Now I did have to let him drive my 854 because since he is a John Deere man if he drove my 500 SPECIAL and the Tecumseh stalled on him, he would have taken it to a dealer to get fixed! This is just how they do it. Now a true Wheel Horse man fixes the problem on the spot and gets back to work! (oh, gawd I hope Kate don't read this:(

Yes, the 854 is all original and it was the hardest model to find. I actually found a 754 way before the 854.

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

Now a true Wheel Horse man fixes the problem on the spot and gets back to work! 

Got that right many a plow mule gets fixed right in the furrow. 

1 hour ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

oh, gawd I hope Kate don't read this:(

She might now Bill @tractorchick ... she's got a pretty good sense of humor... :) 'Sides most of us have an oddball in the herd. I have an Amigo, @Achto has a McClean... I guess Brandon is the oddball in your yours! :lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Wild Bill in VA
10 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Got that right many a plow mule gets fixed right in the furrow. 

She might now Bill @tractorchick ... she's got a pretty good sense of humor... :) 'Sides most of us have an oddball in the herd. I have an Amigo, @Achto has a McClean... I guess Brandon is the oddball in your yours! :lol:

Those Amigo's have a neat transmission and are rare to see.

We pulled a prank on Brandon at a tractor show in Pennsylvania where we repossessed his Wheel Horse Senior with the Wheel Horse flatbed tow tractor. At this particular tractor show there was just one too many John Deere tractors in attendance for me to put up with Sooooo. a plan was conjured up. Brandon like many of us will spend time at an auction during the tractor show ... and he is a buyer. Now how was I going get Brandon away from an auction? Ok now here's the picture the Lawn and Garden Magazine display is at the top of a far hill in the fairgrounds were his Senior sits proudly, but he is in the auction, so somebody (i'm not using my name) went into the auction and told Brandon that Cecil Pond is passing through the area on the way to visit relatives in New York and is stopping at the show and the Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine display. Ok now I did have to sell him this story and he bought it! So, he is now waiting for Cecil Pond to arrive and at the bottom of the hill is around 50 Wheel Horse tractors all coming up the hill in first gear and half throttle. Wow the noise was incredible, it was giant mass of Wheel Horses charging up the hill with the Wheel Horse flatbed tow tractor in the lead. The entire mob of Wheel Horses surrounded the Lawn and Garden Collector display and the flat bed winched up his Senior and we even had a paper drawn up saying his John Deere collection did not deserve the Senior and we were repossessing it. Well, it did not take long for the laughs to come out once Brandon realized he was pranked, and he was a very good sport about it. Although I did not fare as well since the tractor club putting on the show did not seem to like this kind of activity and made an announcement that Wheel Horses can't have their own parade. And at one point one of the club members came up to me with a very angry tone and both fists balled up at his side to give me a little talk. He was barking away that I couldn't do these things at his show, yes, he was mad. I have always tried to be a gentleman in a discussion, but this called for some quick thinking, and I said to him "First of all I don't believe that we have been properly introduced, my name is William Pearson" well this threw the guy off and I talked to him about how a tractor show should be run if you want people to return to the show and he listened. There quite a few people who knew of the situation at the show and they told me "Wild Bill" if they kick you out of the show .... we all are leaving". I did understand the guy's frustration of this being his event and some out of towner comes in gets everyone to have a little fun.

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

Edited by Wild Bill in VA
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Wild Bill!  Where’s the pictures of that!?!?!?