dells68

What's up with that?

dells68

While in PA I went to a McDonald's and asked for a chicken biscuit.  You would have thought I had two heads!  Talked to Kevin @pullstart And he said they don't have them in Michigan either.  Is it just a southern thing?  If so, a lot of you guys don't know what you're missing.  Here's the sign outside our local McDonald's this morning.

image.jpg

• Like 2

Pullstart

Well @dells68 just another reason to visit Virginia and plan a :wh: project day!  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

dells68
26 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Well @dells68 just another reason to visit Virginia and plan a :wh: project day!  

Come on down any time Kevin.  I've always got one project or another going.  Wife wishes I spent as much time work I g on the house and yard as I do on the farm and wheel horses.  Heard a new one on TV the other day - something like "Happy Dad, life's not so bad."  Kinda liked that one myself😂!

Edited by dells68
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Well @dells68 just another reason to visit .....Maine.....  and plan a :wh: project day!  

@dells68, @pullstart,

Or whoever else for that matter. You come on up to the mountains and bring a tent.

I got plenty of tractor projects you can work on.

The company is bad. The food is worse. It's okay. There's tractors here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

dells68

Reminds me of a Jimmy Buffet song - the weather is here, wish you were beautiful"😂🤣!

• Haha 4

stevasaurus

@dells68...I never thought of going to a hamburger joint and ordering chicken.  :ychain:  :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Tacos yes.

Chicken, no. :angry-nono:

• Haha 5

clueless

Location, location, location, we can't get no chicken biscuit up there, and they can't get no whoopie pie down here.

Edited by clueless
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, clueless said:

Location, location, location, we can't get no chicken biscuit up there, and they can't get no whoopie pie down here.

Yep yep yep. There's been websites from up here in Maine that deliver them.

• Like 2

Pullstart
18 minutes ago, clueless said:

Now I'm wondering why I'm so deprived, Michigan don't have either.

• Confused 1

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Now I'm wondering why I'm so deprived, Michigan don't have either.

Internet brother man... Internet.

Anything. Anytime. Anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

As long as we are talking about food...WHX??? (Jim) gave me a Wisconsin Sausage that he had brought to the show.  It is a Jalapeno & Cheddar Summer Sausage from StoneRidge Meats.  This is just excellent...so yesterday I checked out their website.  It is worth the pictures to check it out.  :occasion-xmas:

https://www.stoneridgemarket.com/

• Like 4

oliver2-44

All that sausage does look to a Czech Sausage Maker like me!

Also if you want to talk Good Eats, "Czech" out the Kolaches at Weikels Bakery in LaGrange, Tx (where I grew up) or Hruska Store in nearby Ellinger, Tx.  Lots of places may sell Kolaches, but these "Czechs know how to bake. My wife has tried numerous Kolacke dough recipes over the years and can't find one take comes close to there's.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x864388a359aa208d:0x5385f19e957eb1f2!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipNilv1oWUhlKmGQwghf1uBUjo_AFU_Hcrhdythx%3Dw355-h200-k-no!5sweikels+bakery+la+grange+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNilv1oWUhlKmGQwghf1uBUjo_AFU_Hcrhdythx&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiU-8aXwPnbAhUC7qwKHWnAA3wQoioIiwEwEg

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 2

Achto
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

It is a Jalapeno & Cheddar Summer Sausage from StoneRidge Meats.

This place is only about 10min from me and is a weekly stop for us.  They always have excellent meat there. They have so many specialty meats that it's some times hard to decide what you want to try.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Had great BBQ at C J 's while at the Big Show. Took a while to get there seems like the young lady working there did not know where they located or it could have been @squonk questions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

squonk
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Yep yep yep. There's been websites from up here in Maine that deliver them.

Don't know about southern Maine but northern Maine has Ployes!!! an ex neighbors used to bring me a bag of mix when they visited their son. Special treat! :)

• Like 2

dells68

Boys you ain't living till you've had a chicken biscuit for breakfast.  Chicken-it ain't just for dinner anymore!😂

• Like 2

19richie66

I can tear up a Mcdonalds chicken biscuit. Bojangles has THE chicken biscuit though. Had a Hardees chicken biscuit on the way up and it may as well been a nugget biscuit. Thing was tiny. I remember getting them at the local hardees and it was all you could do to eat all of it. Ah the good ole days. :orcs-cheers:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1